Kirkland, Montreal
Still 0 concern
His 2 future wingers aren't even on his freaking line yet ffs
Armia is NOT the winger for him, MSL has that one wrong atm
The sooner 1 of Hein or Kap get placed next to him the better

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I don't agree, you lose 2/3 of your face offs you end up chasing the play for 25 seconds. Can't generate a whole lot when by the time you get the puck your shift is over. No #2 Center can be effective winning under 40% of his face offs.
If we assume that 25s per faceoff lost stat then we are talking about Dach's faceoff skills this year costing us 2min of play out of a total of 240 minutes of game time, in other words 0.8% of the ice time.

It really just isn't that big a deal especially considering it's almost assuredly going to improve with time, on top of which a large percentage of faceoff wins aren't clean wins and so the win/loss is based on the wingers winning their battle.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If we assume that 25s per faceoff lost stat then we are talking about Dach's faceoff skills this year costing us 2min of play out of a total of 240 minutes of game time, in other words 0.8% of the ice time.

It really just isn't that big a deal especially considering it's almost assuredly going to improve with time, on top of which a large percentage of faceoff wins aren't clean wins and so the win/loss is based on the wingers winning their battle.
How many goals do you think get scored off the draw...
and If you aren't getting any while giving them up?

Time is not a factor nor is it why they keep track of face offs. :huh:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Still 0 concern
His 2 future wingers aren't even on his freaking line yet ffs
Armia is NOT the winger for him, MSL has that one wrong atm
The sooner 1 of Hein or Kap get placed next to him the better
My man Heineman deserves a center that wins face offs though. And Dach with Newhook the lefty to take them strong side leaves out Heineman. Kap 2C would be a bad look for the old Dacher at the wing I imagine.

Last edited:

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
We're going to need more from Dach if we're going to find ourselves in the mix this year. Patience is going to be needed though as he continues to adjust back to the game at this level.

1A, -4, 19% on draws through 4 games probably isn't giving him a lot confidence. We need him to find his swagger.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
How many goals do you think get scored off the draw...
and If you aren't getting any while giving them up?
We can easily get around that by just not sending the Dach line out for defensive zone draws. Like seriously a big part of Evans game is that we use him in those situations.
Time is not a factor nor is it why they keep track of face offs. :huh:
Time lost because of a faceoff was brought up by the poster I quoted. If your puzzled by it being a factor then take it up with them.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I still think Dach will be the man. He showed he can control the play. He’s missed some games to injury and he is just finding his way back, might be being overly cautious to not get reinjured, but as time moves on the Kirby we all enjoyed shall return. He hasn’t looked good so far, but it’s only a handful of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad