Kingston Frontenacs 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Good win by the fronts today. Never easy going into North bay and their record over the last 10 years there has been horrible.

Big games by uronen, McNamara and a great bounce back win for Lalonde.

What a pickup uronen was. Ottawa must’ve been smoking something making that trade

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Good win by the fronts today. Never easy going into North bay and their record over the last 10 years there has been horrible.

Big games by uronen, McNamara and a great bounce back win for Lalonde.

What a pickup uronen was. Ottawa must’ve been smoking something making that trade

What do you mean? We have the mighty Korbler! As soon as he gets his first point this year, watch out!

Oggie Ogoltorp

Oct 4, 2024
I dont think trading for Musty makes any sense for Kingston. I see him landing in Brampton, London or Erie. I dont think Barrie has the assets to get him. Musty and Martone would be lethal. London would absolutley run away with the west with him but they probably will anyways.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
I dont think trading for Musty makes any sense for Kingston. I see him landing in Brampton, London or Erie. I dont think Barrie has the assets to get him. Musty and Martone would be lethal. London would absolutley run away with the west with him but they probably will anyways.

What about Luchanko or Allen from Guelph?
Guelph is a very young team that will probably sell at the deadline

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What about Luchanko or Allen from Guelph?
Guelph is a very young team that will probably sell at the deadline

Luchanko is an ‘06. He is likely to return next year unless he graduates early. That would likely be a very high cost acquisition considering he is a two year player. See the Owen Beck deal as the comparable which is a very high 1st plus a picks package.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
if the fronts got a deal for Luchanko gotta think the only way it gets done is Hopkins + picks. I wouldn’t be too upset about this either.

Guelph builds around 07 and 08 group. Can’t be 06/07 group as luchankos really the only great guy from their 06’s

With Guelph making this trade they’d get back a centre who can play top line for them the next 3 years and with Kingston they can get one of the top players in the league this year and trade him next year if need be, along with battaglia and build around the 09 and 10 draft classes

Makes sense for both teams as Guelph needs to build for the future and this makes perfect sense for Kingston as well. This way you get a legit 1C and also a fallback option for next year when we are rebuilding.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckLucker

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
if the fronts got a deal for Luchanko gotta think the only way it gets done is Hopkins + picks. I wouldn’t be too upset about this either.

Guelph builds around 07 and 08 group. Can’t be 06/07 group as luchankos really the only great guy from that.

With Guelph making this trade they’d get back a centre who can play top line for them the next 3 years and with Kingston they can get one of the top players in the league this year and trade him next year if need be, along with battaglia and build around the 09 and 10 draft classes

Makes sense for both teams as Guelph needs to build for the future and this makes perfect sense for Kingston as well. This way you get a legit 1C and also a fallback option for next year when we are rebuilding.

From a Kingston perspective, that is accurate.

I think Brantford is the team most likely to make that kind of push. O’Donnell, Tsherna, two 2nds and two 3rds is the likely package.

Barrie would have the absolute inside track with Vaughn, Newton, two 2nds, and a 3rd.

But, you are correct that Kingston would need to use Hopkins without any doubt. The issue on the Kingston side is you’d then need to replace Hopkins. You could keep McNamarra is the 3C which means you would only need to add a winger with the same/similar offensive ability as Hopkins has now. You still need the d-Man though.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckLucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad