Kingston Frontenacs 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Same lineup again, Lalonde gets the start.

Hope everyone shows up and they can get a win.
They better.
Need to win both games this weekend. Can’t go 1-4 to start the season that itself will already be a hole to climb out of this early and we have everyone back. No excuses- they have to win and go 3-2 after this weekend

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
What a game

game of the season so far obviously.

Battaglia keeps producing, same with Soto too and 8 different goal scorers!

With Velliaris instigating in the final 5 mins of play after that hit on uens. Lukas Moore should be playing his first career OHL game on Sunday.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Kingston played well but I was more surprised with how poorly NB played. I barely noticed Romani or Van Steensel at all. McIvor played well but was let down by some awful defense.

I still can't get over how feisty Uronen is - I may have had the wrong impression in that he was more of a pure sniper but the guy is full of grit and loves the physical side of the game.

Soto was all over the ice and looked great, Battaglia solid as always, and as much as I tend to focus on offense, Guindon is the perfect definition of a 200 ft player and made a couple nice defensive plays.

Disappointedly, I still thought Weir looked too slow for this level. If there were was a game to get that 4th line regular minutes it'd have been tonight, but Weir just looked a constant step behind.

Unrelated to the on ice product, I'm not a fan of the new in game hosts - I know they're only 3 games in but it seems like there's still a ton of nerves and a lack of self- confidence that's needed for a position like that.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kingston played well but I was more surprised with how poorly NB played. I barely noticed Romani or Van Steensel at all. McIvor played well but was let down by some awful defense.

I still can't get over how feisty Uronen is - I may have had the wrong impression in that he was more of a pure sniper but the guy is full of grit and loves the physical side of the game.

Soto was all over the ice and looked great, Battaglia solid as always, and as much as I tend to focus on offense, Guindon is the perfect definition of a 200 ft player and made a couple nice defensive plays.

Disappointedly, I still thought Weir looked too slow for this level. If there were was a game to get that 4th line regular minutes it'd have been tonight, but Weir just looked a constant step behind.

Unrelated to the on ice product, I'm not a fan of the new in game hosts - I know they're only 3 games in but it seems like there's still a ton of nerves and a lack of self- confidence that's needed for a position like that.
Agree with all of this. Literally all of it. And I thought the same thing for weir in the 3rd watching him.

These hosts suck. Wish they could bring back Sam but she’s onto bigger and better things

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
One big game early will do that!
Battaglia hasn’t had a game under 2 pts so far.

3-2-2 and 4 tonight. Obviously won’t keep up this torrid pace but impressive regardless.

Last year he had 2 pts through 4 games- finished with 65, this year 11 through 4.

As I predicted- looks like he will have a big points boost this year. Bound for 80+ points this year.

Reactions: dirty12

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

I think it is safe to say that Vegas might have a lot to do with how he is playing. I think he went to their camp and saw the goal scorers and snipers they had, but they lacked the gritty in-your-face winger. That they needed to see some toughness out of him. remember, he did not play at all last year.

Weir is a rookie he is gong to take time. Give him the first couple of months and see what he looks like
Again it is hard to do, and nervous and worried that if I screw up, I will be gone and have to still be there.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Don’t be a hater. We are on weekend number two. Show some respect.
I don't think @OMG67 is being a hater he is just saying to obvious. It is a good start adn shows tht he has the drive but it is a long season now he has t keep doing tht.

It is the same as I am chiming in on Niagara leading the league in wins when everyone said they would not be good. Am I happy to be right? Yes. Do I think they will stay undefeated? Even I am not that optimistic.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I just thought I would give you a hard time! :) Seriously though it is an impress start for Battaglia.
Oh no. I get it. But it is so early. Right now, the Knights are on pace for a 46 point season! I couldn’t help myself so I posted it there….

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Still say the biggest mistake last year was not trading Ludwinski for a 16yr old and picks
It was always the obvious decision. They must have felt that ludwinski had a chance to come back. They still feel there’s a small chance but I wouldn’t put money on him doing so.

However if he does- they won’t have to spend those picks on Wakely or Allard for instance and can use those picks for getting another quality d man or 2.

I know it’s pretty unlikely but let’s say Kingston gets ludwinski back and then spends their remaining picks on Andonovski and Gibson- losing weir and a crap ton of picks in the mean time. This would be a completely different team they may not be above Oshawa or Brampton then but the gap would close a LOT.

However I think it’s unlikely he comes back so they’re going to spend some picks on a 1C and then get a good d man. Probably won’t have enough to land 2 d men which is really what they need. Would push McGowan and Williamson as a 3rd d line and let’s say a top 4 of no particular order Andonovski, Gibson, burns and pieniniemi along with 2 decent d men on the 3rd line with McGowan and Williamson- fronts d would be set and their top 6 would be greatly improved with the addition of ludwinski- pushing Hopkins/mcnamara/Guindon to the 3c for the year and they’d get more favourable matchups then helping the 3rd line.

Then you have 3 good lines, great d and 2 average goalies

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Buttar and Weir are 4th liners at this time imo. Unless moving Pickell up, Kingston needs two players for a good 3rd line.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
As expected Velliaris suspended two games for instigating in the last 5 minutes.

Will be interesting to see how they go about the pairs and if one of the RDs plays on the left side to keep that top pair together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad