Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Pieniniemi confirmed sent back to Kingston by Pittsburgh today as expected.

Realistically if there was any chance he'd stick in the AHL I can't imagine they would've signed him so early.
This means that he needs a fair amount of training the good thing.

Hopefully, this is an omen that this team is going to do something good this year.

I just hope Springer does not go nuts and demand major trades.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
This means that he needs a fair amount of training the good thing.

Hopefully, this is an omen that this team is going to do something good this year.

I just hope Springer does not go nuts and demand major trades.
Was told early on they’re going for it. Think they’re going all out this year regardless of other teams adding too and a big rebuild year next year- trading valuable OA’s and building around the ‘09 group (2FRP- 3 when they trade Battaglia)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Was told early on they’re going for it. Think they’re going all out this year regardless of other teams adding too and a big rebuild year next year- trading valuable OA’s and building around the ‘09 group (2FRP- 3 when they trade Battaglia)

1726973867805.gif

• Haha
Reactions: frontsfan67

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
And yet people on here keep asking why the fan base is so low.

Cany anyone really sees this team, with the offense, goaltending, and defence, competing for first place.

Let me guess you are going to trade Buttar, MCuaig, Soto, Moore and all your picks next year and tghe year after for 5 ringers that will elevate this team to a championship at the deadline.

Desoto, a 2nd and a 3rd for player X
Buttar, MCCuaig and 4 picks 3 2nd round picks and a 3rf for Player Y and Z
trade picks for a so-so player
Then trade for 2 defencemen that will anchor your team using draft picks.

Yeah it is a great plan Sounds good

How did it work out in 2018

I actually think Helvig was a better goalie than Vaccari is

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
And yet people on here keep asking why the fan base is so low.

Cany anyone really sees this team, with the offense, goaltending, and defence, competing for first place.

Let me guess you are going to trade Buttar, MCuaig, Soto, Moore and all your picks next year and tghe year after for 5 ringers that will elevate this team to a championship at the deadline.
No lol why would they trade the young guys. They need to go young next year after having one of the oldest teams in the league this year. Every team has to rebuild. Atleast they’ll be going though a rebuild year with Mann and not Caputi.

No point in going for it next year when half the team is graduating including your top 2 d man- #1 centre (right now) and an NHL drafted goalie- if they went for it next year they would be worse off than this year. Best thing to do is restock the picks you use this year, go younger and push for 2026/27(manns last year with the team and the year the OHL gets to host the mem cup)

Soto however would be a coveted veteran some team would love and pay top dollar for. Same with McNamara
How did it work out in 2018
Went the furthest the teams ever been
I actually think Helvig was a better goalie than Vaccari is
Well I’d certainly hope so- helvig won goalie of the year, leads the franchise in wins, shutouts and games played.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
No lol why would they trade the young guys. They need to go young next year after having one of the oldest teams in the league this year. Every team has to rebuild. Atleast they’ll be going though a rebuild year with Mann and not Caputi.
That is what you gave up in 18
No point in going for it next year when half the team is graduating including your top 2 d man- #1 centre (right now) and an NHL drafted goalie- if they went for it next year they would be worse off than this year. Best thing to do is restock the picks you use this year, go younger and push for 2026/27(manns last year with the team and the year the OHL gets to host the mem cup)

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO FOR IT AT ALL. This team should be looking at putting together a consistently entertaining and competitive team. Yes you may get a few more butts in seats for the last part of the season BUT you are gong to lose those butts and more next year when the team sucks. That was the probelm with the 19 team the 18-19 was pathetic.

Soto however would be a coveted veteran some team would love and pay top dollar for. Same with McNamara

Went the furthest the teams ever been

But what have they looked like since.
Well I’d certainly hope so- helvig won goalie of the year, leads the franchise in wins, shutouts and games played.
My point is do you see Vaccari as a star that can play in tough games like Helvig did

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

My point is do you see Vaccari as a star that can play in tough games like Helvig did
I don't think anyone is going to argue that they see Vaccari as a star goalie someday.
It's great to see the 67s boys with a bit of confidence after beating Kingstons JR A squad though.

I also can't make much sense starting Vaccari 2 nights in a row on less the 24h hours rest in pre season.

Reactions: frontsfan67

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I don't think anyone is going to argue that they see Vaccari as a star goalie someday.
It's great to see the 67s boys with a bit of confidence after beating Kingstons JR A squad though.

I also can't make much sense starting Vaccari 2 nights in a row on less the 24h hours rest in pre season.
If I had to guess it's because they wanted to make sure Betts stayed healthy? I know he was hurt most of last year, plus it helps that Vaccari did the back to back quite often last year so unfortunately he's used to it.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They went for it all the year before and ended up getting wright. Then a Covid year happened who knows what would’ve happened

I think it depends on defence which they need to improve.

I’ve seen vaccari win games that he shouldn’t have. If he can do it consistently is the big question

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad