Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think if he comes here and cooper mentions both of them, and with his experience. He will likely be playing around the same amount of games as vaccari. Which will make vaccaris numbers better too so he can actually rest.
Hey I hope it works and that they can share. If he can help take the pressure off Vaccari this year and give Betts a year in Junior A all the better.

I am looking forward to see what Cooper does this week with Chromiak and Hemstrom

Reactions: dirty12

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Hey I hope it works and that they can share. If he can help take the pressure off Vaccari this year and give Betts a year in Junior A all the better.

I am looking forward to see what Cooper does this week with Chromiak and Hemstrom
I agree 100%.

Big week for him. REALLY hope Chromiak is gone and we can swap him for pieniniemi. And then they use their first round pick on a top end flyer for next year IF(and a big if but it is on the table) they keep hemstrom. If not then I say a depth centre that will be here a few years or a good rhd to pair with pieniniemi/burns would be great

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree 100%.

Big week for him. REALLY hope Chromiak is gone and we can swap him for pieniniemi. And then they use their first round pick on a top end flyer for next year IF(and a big if but it is on the table) they keep hemstrom. If not then I say a depth centre that will be here a few years or a good rhd to pair with pieniniemi/burns would be great
Kingston can keep the rights to Pieniniemi and Hemstrom; and draft two imports, or protect Chromiak and draft one Import.
If Chromiak wants to return to the OHL you really have to consider trading him this month or protect him.

Reactions: frontsfan67

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
First off, love the Lalonde pickup. Gives you a 1A 1B scenario where you play whoever the hot hand is. Gives the other guy time to rest and as long as you're playing well with the games you're given and hopefully both guys perform well and push each other to be the best. A little healthy competition never hurt anyone.

As for the import situation, really love the idea of Hemström staying. The cost to go acquire one of the top OA's would be large because there's so few higher end guys. Plus, everyone loves him in the room. Could be named captain of Ludwinski doesn't get sent back and I wouldn't even blink. Having Hemström and Pieniniemi as our two imports would be amazing.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kingston can keep the rights to Pieniniemi and Hemstrom; and draft two imports, or protect Chromiak and draft one Import.
If Chromiak wants to return to the OHL you really have to consider trading him this month or protect him.
Wow didn’t know they could still draft 2. That’s awesome. Thought it was just 1 because Pieniniemi is drafted.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Wow didn’t know they could still draft 2. That’s awesome. Thought it was just 1 because Pieniniemi is drafted.
I agree when did the CHL change the rule that OA donot count. Seems a little strange to me.

Also IF Pie is as much of a guarantee to play here that people have been saying and Hemstrom is a lock then WHY DO YOU draft anyone seems like a waste of energy.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I agree when did the CHL change the rule that OA donot count. Seems a little strange to me.

Also IF Pie is as much of a guarantee to play here that people have been saying and Hemstrom is a lock then WHY DO YOU draft anyone seems like a waste of energy.
Because they still have the 24th overall pick. They have to take someone. Saw it with Dvorsky, sale, mesar to name a few that came over while it didn’t look like they would.

Kingston would just have to hope they change their mind.

Even Martin chromiak when he got drafted he didn’t come right away, I think he would at all but he came and he loved it here.

Plus if we do have hemstrom back and pie as you call him comes lol then they’re both 100% gone next year (pie in ahl, hemstrom aged out) and they would have to select 2 players after this year where their spot is probably a lot higher than 24th in the chl- meaning you may not get as good of a player. Might as well take some chances this year and hope they work out.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
In the summer of the year the regular season ended up cancelled I believe. In addition to NHL first round picks, the rights to signed players and OAs could be kept without counting against the two teams could draft.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

waste of energy, what exactly do you think cooper is doing right now for the fronts that he needs to save energy for? It’s July?????

pick someone that’s better then your current import and hope he comes. what type of energy does that take? A click of a finger

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
waste of energy, what exactly do you think cooper is doing right now for the fronts that he needs to save energy for? It’s July?????

pick someone that’s better then your current import and hope he comes. what type of energy does that take? A click of a finger
If Cooper has already made the deals to get rid of Chromiak keep Hemstrom and has a definite deal with DUMB ASS IN Pittsburgh then why does he need to worry at all about the Euro draft.

If Hemstrom is coming back and Pie is a lock to come to Kingston then he has his 2 players.

Here is the rule it says nothing about OA.

CHL teams are allowed to keep two Import players on the roster. If the club expects to keep these two players for the upcoming season, they can pass in the Import Draft. If a CHL club has an import player that is currently signed by an NHL team out of their program, they can select a third import player.

The Import Draft has inherent risks that teams must assess, before making a draft pick which costs $2,000 up front

Knowing how Springer is with his money I can not see him spending 2 K for nothing.

You might draft a player but unless youput him on your roster he is a free agent and can do what he wants including play in Europe and say the hell with the CHL team that drafts him.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If Cooper has already made the deals to get rid of Chromiak keep Hemstrom and has a definite deal with DUMB ASS IN Pittsburgh then why does he need to worry at all about the Euro draft.

If Hemstrom is coming back and Pie is a lock to come to Kingston then he has his 2 players.

CHL teams are allowed to keep two Import players on the roster. If the club expects to keep these two players for the upcoming season, they can pass in the Import Draft. If a CHL club has an import player that is currently signed by an NHL team out of their program, they can select a third import player.

The Import Draft has inherent risks that teams must assess, before making a draft pick which costs $2,000 up front

Knowing how Springer is with his money I can not see him spending 2 K for nothing.

You might draft a player but unless youput him on your roster he is a free agent and can do what he wants including play in Europe and say the hell with the CHL team that drafts him.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

LOL at you thinking the Springers care about 2 grand.
Thank you for making me spit out my morning coffee.

Reactions: FrontalLobe

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

but how is drafting a free player that may end up changing his mind and come in say November a bad thing? take the Russian that’s going 2/3 overall, who cares, even if he does not show up your at the same spot, it’s irresponsible not to take the free player and store him away

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
but how is drafting a free player that may end up changing his mind and come in say November a bad thing? take the Russian that’s going 2/3 overall, who cares, even if he does not show up your at the same spot, it’s irresponsible not to take the free player and store him away
Literally. Cooper would lose his job if they didn’t pick anyone with a free 24th overall pick lol. Doesn’t matter if they report or not, gotta take a chance.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Literally. Cooper would lose his job if they didn’t pick anyone with a free 24th overall pick lol. Doesn’t matter if they report or not, gotta take a chance.
It’s costs 1500 to pick a player, that’s why Niagara passed on taking a second player last year. if your that hard up on money then don’t do it. but outside of the Pennie’s it costs, it’s irresponsible not too

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
It’s costs 1500 to pick a player, that’s why Niagara passed on taking a second player last year. if your that hard up on money then don’t do it. but outside of the Pennie’s it costs, it’s irresponsible not too
That franchise deserves so much better.
I really hope the new commissioner puts an end to DD'S ownership tenure.
You cannot operate this way and expect to be competitive.

• Love

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
That franchise deserves so much better.
I really hope the new commissioner puts an end to DD'S ownership tenure.
You cannot operate this way and expect to be competitive.
Consider how many people wanted to hang Springer and were callng for new ownership.

Niagara has been bulding and made some mistakes BUT I agree this is gong to be a team that if they get the goaltending is going to be a lot harder to bet.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

wanna bet 2k that he makes the pick?

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Consider how many people wanted to hang Springer and were callng for new ownership.

Niagara has been bulding and made some mistakes BUT I agree this is gong to be a team that if they get the goaltending is going to be a lot harder to bet.
I don't think Springer family will ever sell that team. -This is just casual fans looking for something to complain about.

They have f*** you money and could give 2 shits what some fans think.
Owning this team is a flex for them and a way to write off some expenses.
When you are that rich you need to have lots of ways to roll your money over to try and avoid paying taxes.
They literally own more of Kingston then the actual city of kingston does.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Springer is a businessman, but the 1500 or 2000 it costs is not even a thought to him, he will let cooper do what he wants here.
I believe they are happy with their OAs' , but if they were keeping one of Poole and Heyes, I say it is Heyes.
Isn't the window open now to let ECHL teams sign people? Could see some 04 signings maybe

I don't think Springer family will ever sell that team. -This is just casual fans looking for something to complain about.

They have f*** you money and could give 2 shits what some fans think.
Owning this team is a flex for them and a way to write off some expenses.
When you are that rich you need to have lots of ways to roll your money over to try and avoid paying taxes.
They literally own more of Kingston then the actual city of kingston does.
Ha, wouldn't that be nice to know what that feels like? LOL

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Springer is a businessman, but the 1500 or 2000 it costs is not even a thought to him, he will let cooper do what he wants here.
I believe they are happy with their OAs' , but if they were keeping one of Poole and Heyes, I say it is Heyes.
Isn't the window open now to let ECHL teams sign people? Could see some 04 signings maybe

Ha, wouldn't that be nice to know what that feels like? LOL
Honestly i don't know! Some people with money are the most f***ed up people I have ever met.
Money definitely doesn't solve everything.
I do get the impression that they are sick of losing though.
I think its what 16 years now that they have owned it and done absolutely nothing compete wise?
I think getting dominated in the 2nd round is as far as they have ever been able to go.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Honestly i don't know! Some people with money are the most f***ed up people I have ever met.
Money definitely doesn't solve everything.
I do get the impression that they are sick of losing though.
I think its what 16 years now that they have owned it and done absolutely nothing compete wise?
I think getting dominated in the 2nd round is as far as they have ever been able to go.
Dominated in the 3rd rd.
Is that all it’s been 16 years? Seems like much more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad