Rumor: Kings rebranding with a new logo?

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Seriously. Black and white were Raiders colors. Why does any Kings fan want to be associated with a fan base that had more arrests per sixty minutes than anyone else. The Coliseum had a jail built into the facility. What does any of that have to do with hockey.

Integrity, Family, etc. How does any of that align with a doubling down on a color scheme that is boring and born out of a crass desire to latch onto a dubious cultural trend.

These stupid fools in charge waste two years worrying about making sure the new branding works on anything from the jerseys the players wear to the generic merchandise, only to lose sight of what actual story they are trying to tell. It’s leadership by a committee of hacks and mediocrities.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
IMG_9665.jpeg

Why yall bitching about the THICCness of the white stripes? I bet on yo momma that if it was thinner you guys would say there’s not enough contrast

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
View attachment 887778

Why yall bitching about the THICCness of the white stripes? I bet on yo momma that if it was thinner you guys would say there’s not enough contrast
If it was thinner most would probably have nothing to say about it as it wouldn't be an eye sore and a topic of conversation in the first place

Thinner stripe means it's closer to the actual 90's jersey, and at that point I'd have no notes as it would be A+ 10/10

I give it a B+ right now so no big deal, probably (hopefully) looks best on the ice

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
These are fine, if unexciting. The matt helmet is great but they really need a Forum Blue option. I find the resistance to the Forum Blue Jerseys odd personally.

However we are ‘marks’ we are not casual fans, nor are we non-hockey people that’ll buy merch just because it looks good. I’ve even come across people in the UK wearing Kings gear (beanie and scarf) that assumed they were a basketball team. So it’s possible the marketing data shows they would sell more Black and White rather than Forum Blue. Perhaps @All The Kings Men you could ask a question along those lines as to why we are sticking with Black and White. I’m just speculating as to why they won’t go to the Forum Blue when the vast majority of fans here want it. So if you get to interview the right person at some stage, I’d be interested in the answer.

There are a lot of fans who want to bring the Burger King jersey back too. It has to do with sales, team branding and what the players want. They do have a say in it, believe it or not.. Just listen to all the interviews, they all love the black.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
They look a lot better when the guys try them on, rather than in the still frames that make the logo look big.. Doughty's comments pretty much sums up how many on the team feel.

Reactions: SirJW

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
They look a lot better when the guys try them on, rather than in the still frames that make the logo look big.. Doughty's comments pretty much sums up how many on the team feel.

Yea they look good while they are wearing them. Should look good during the games.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023

Video says this was on April 17, 2024 which means there’s a clip out there of PLD’s reaction to this jersey that will never see the light of day and I couldn’t be happier.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Can you imagine a life without color. The Kings can.
Now, see if all other NHL teams thought the same.

The task force in charge of this project, all involved should have been asked to do a 40 hour research of Kings and Kingdoms, throughout history. Reviewed what thrones looked like and what crowns and dress looked like...castles. Estates. Everything.
Then come together and start from scratch. Black, Silver and White would never be mentioned in the brainstorm sessions.

I honestly think the Mercury Insurance logo is the most interesting, best looking element on the new jersey...why not add 10 other sponsors on it...it may look even better.

I give you, the Kings vision for all of the Western Conference jerseys.

NHLJERSEYSTOMATCHKINGS.jpg

Last edited:

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County

The task force in charge of this project, all involved should have been asked to do a 40 hour research of Kings and Kingdoms, throughout history. Reviewed what thrones looked like and what crowns and dress looked like...castles. Estates. Everything.
Then come together and start from scratch. Black, Silver and White would never be mentioned in the brainstorm sessions.

I honestly think the Mercury Insurance logo is the most interesting, best looking element on the new jersey...why not add 10 other sponsors on it...it may look even better.

View attachment 887884
Luc will throw his yarn if he sees this.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

it's super overlit but the jersey looks almost matte finish too? interesting

i don't hate it nearly as much in video but those also look like they fit like shit tbh

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Seriously. Black and white were Raiders colors. Why does any Kings fan want to be associated with a fan base that had more arrests per sixty minutes than anyone else. The Coliseum had a jail built into the facility. What does any of that have to do with hockey.

Integrity, Family, etc. How does any of that align with a doubling down on a color scheme that is boring and born out of a crass desire to latch onto a dubious cultural trend.

These stupid fools in charge waste two years worrying about making sure the new branding works on anything from the jerseys the players wear to the generic merchandise, only to lose sight of what actual story they are trying to tell. It’s leadership by a committee of hacks and mediocrities.
You need to take a look at a picture of Robitaille from his junior hockey days playing for Hull. Then you will understand.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
it's super overlit but the jersey looks almost matte finish too? interesting

i don't hate it nearly as much in video but those also look like they fit like shit tbh

It wouldn't surprise me if they clean up a few thing by the start of the season. That video was done in April, and the shirts looked like it was a "one size fits all" version each player had on, not tailor to each guy. Kopitar's definitely looks like it was in need alterations.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I hate to be kinda cynical but this is PROFESSIONAL sports...

ALL OF IT is due to money.

To quote the late Don Ohlmeyer “The answer to all your questions is money.”
Thanks for your reply earlier and I agree. I knew the answer you’d give but the thread needed it, as wel as this point.

It’s why I said we are ‘marks’, we look at it differently (which isn’t wrong). It’s about what sells and they will have marketing data to back it up. We are not casual fans and have a different attachment to the Forum Blue

Reactions: VILARGOD

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

View attachment 887884

picard-facepalm.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't absolutely hate it

But this seems a whole lot more like a normal offseason's uni tweaks than a CHECK OUT OUR DOPE ASS REBRAND WITH SICK VIDEO REVEAL

I get these guys need some wins but this ain't it

These were the heritage jerseys they wore I don't know which year. Logo not as large and the bottom trim is perfectly sized. All they had to do was copy this.

71BF940C-3C7E-44B2-9D02-CCA02F51D247.jpeg

but ITS A DOPE ASS REBRAND and NEEDED A DOPE ASS REBRAND VIDEO

You guys need to understand that it takes a lot of effort by a full team of graphic designers to change a font and redo the “speed lines”. Years of effort and research went into this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad