Rumor: Kings rebranding with a new logo?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Perhaps @All The Kings Men you could ask a question along those lines as to why we are sticking with Black and White. I’m just speculating as to why they won’t go to the Forum Blue when the vast majority of fans here want it. So if you get to interview the right person at some stage, I’d be interested in the answer.
The answer has been pretty clearly stated over the years

leadership doesnt agree that "the vast majority" of fans want it and believe that the players, fans and everybody else love the black silver and white

you can feel however you like about that reason but that's been the company line for years

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
For the sweaters themselves, the only "improvement" from the original Gretzky era's IMO is the larger font "Los Angeles". Everything else is neutral at best, or worse

The silver and black is never going away, and I've long come to grips with it. I also don't think the desire to return to forum blue and gold is anywhere near as strong as some online think it is. When trying to improve the Kings kits, you need to think about using black and silver, and go from there. Your best hope for forum blue and gold is a 3rd alternate, they will never be the primaries again

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

leadership doesnt agree that "the vast majority" of fans want it and believe that the players, fans and everybody else love the black silver and white

you can feel however you like about that reason but that's been the company line for years
Have they done any surveys or studies on this? Or basing it on sales data?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

So, another line of BS from Luc.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Any season ticket holders in here? Did any of you get surveyed on jersey preferences? Ever?

Since it apparently took YEARS to come up with this rebranding, I'd assume the Kings did deep market research on this.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Any season ticket holders in here? Did any of you get surveyed on jersey preferences? Ever?

Since it apparently took YEARS to come up with this rebranding, I'd assume the Kings did deep market research on this.
Has anyone who wanted to buy a Forum Blue and Gold jersey ever been able to find one on a regular basis at the LA Team Store? No, so Luc's sales data is BS.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
These are fine, if unexciting. The matt helmet is great but they really need a Forum Blue option. I find the resistance to the Forum Blue Jerseys odd personally.

However we are ‘marks’ we are not casual fans, nor are we non-hockey people that’ll buy merch just because it looks good. I’ve even come across people in the UK wearing Kings gear (beanie and scarf) that assumed they were a basketball team. So it’s possible the marketing data shows they would sell more Black and White rather than Forum Blue. Perhaps @All The Kings Men you could ask a question along those lines as to why we are sticking with Black and White. I’m just speculating as to why they won’t go to the Forum Blue when the vast majority of fans here want it. So if you get to interview the right person at some stage, I’d be interested in the answer.
They’ll never admit on the record that it’s due to money.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I hate to be kinda cynical but this is PROFESSIONAL sports...

ALL OF IT is due to money.

To quote the late Don Ohlmeyer “The answer to all your questions is money.”
Agreed, but they won’t admit to it. They’ll give a flowery answer about tradition and family and blah blah blah. The last thing a company will admit to its consumers is that all they’re worried about is money.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've probably spent about 5K-10K on the Kings in the last 5 years. I never got surveyed.

It might not be professional, but every time public internet polling is done featuring the Kings purple/gold retros, they always come out near the top.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
The matte helmets look sick. I'm sure they'll go with purple trim for the 3rd's or retro jerseys, if they're even still doing that next year. I'm not sure with Fanatics, they easily have the worst products on the market. A shame the league couldn't work out something with Adidas or CCM.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Seriously, why does any grownup care what costume the players wear. If you’re a child, fine, then pay attention to the clothing. The last jersey I paid for was a Deadmarsh one. From 2005 and onwards I can’t think of a single jersey decision that meant a single thing as far as hopes for the team.

At best it’s a distraction. At worst it’s a ploy to grift some marginal dollars from the ever sentimental fan base.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
They kept talking about input from the players. The Kings prior to Gretzky didn't mean anything around North America. These guys are stoked to wear the Gretzky sweater and I'd wager Drew is the most excited.

This is the most popular jersey--the original anyways--in Kings history. It was in the culture. Bluc wore them. I love the original since that's what they wore when I became a fan and, yes, they were cool when first introduced. I was excited when they wore them for Gretzky's retirement, I was stoked that they used the helmet stickers when wearing the home plate sweaters. I enjoyed when they wore them as a 3rd and preferred those to the home plate ones.

All that said. just use the old one without making an inferior version if you are dead set on going back to this kit.

Reactions: kingsfan28

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Give me this all day every day:

735a5c80654e3b95616240906bb78842.jpg

With the yellow as the 2nd.
The logo just doesn't look right on that sweater. Coat of arms or the original crown seems like a better fit.

This has been know for years that the players and sales were the driving force away from the yellow and forum blue.

Reactions: kingsfan28

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
Not thrilled with the Kings 'new' look but I love the normal number font and the matte finish helmets. I would have preferred the chrome lids for the aways. Wish the used this past season third stripping instead of the 90's stripes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad