Proposal: Kings - Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Because it is lol

Not at all.

- We go from Koskinen (1 year x 4.5 million) to Quick (2 years x 5.8 million), a clear downgrade in terms of their salaries. I get that Quick has had a good start to the year, but I'd be very cautious acquiring him given Quick's performance the past 3 years.

- We go from Kassian (3 years x 3.2 million) to Edler (1 year x 3.5 million), which I'm completely fine with.

- We go from Turris (1 year x 1.65 million) to Moore (2 years x 1.875 million), another downgrade in terms of their cap hits.

We take on almost 2 million this year, and 4.5 for the 2nd year.

And then we're adding a first round pick for that minor roster upgrade? It's a bad deal for the Kings, but it doesn't make sense for the Oilers either.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Not at all.

- We go from Koskinen (1 year x 4.5 million) to Quick (2 years x 5.8 million), a clear downgrade in terms of their salaries. I get that Quick has had a good start to the year, but I'd be very cautious acquiring him given Quick's performance the past 3 years.

- We go from Kassian (3 years x 3.2 million) to Edler (1 year x 3.5 million), which I'm completely fine with.

- We go from Turris (1 year x 1.65 million) to Moore (2 years x 1.875 million), another downgrade in terms of their cap hits.

And then we're adding a first round pick for that minor roster upgrade? It's a bad deal for the Kings, but it doesn't make sense for the Oilers either.
If you think these are minor upgrades I don't know what to tell you

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Not at all.

You get better playing players, in some cases, a NHL player for a non-NHL player and two of the three players you get shorter contracts. Yet somehow it doesn't work for you. Ok...

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
You get better playing players, in some cases, a NHL player for a non-NHL player and two of the three players you get shorter contracts. Yet somehow it doesn't work for you. Ok...

I think Oiler fans have some legitimate concerns over Quick and his contract, age and consistency.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah, we don’t need anymore picks let alone your trash

Every retooling team wants a 1st round pick in this draft, I'm sorry if you don't understand how asset management in the NHL works.

No one cares about taking back players at the trade deadline, Koskinen and Turris are only there for 20 games and then the contract expires, you can just send them to the AHL if you don't want to play them.

Next year's draft is supposed to be one of the deeper ones in recent memory, any team that is not going to make the playoffs would be brain dead to keep a 36 year old goalie like Quick rather than taking a 1st round pick in a draft like that.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Every retooling team wants a 1st round pick in this draft, I'm sorry if you don't understand how asset management in the NHL works.

No one cares about taking back players at the trade deadline, Koskinen and Turris are only there for 20 games and then the contract expires, you can just send them to the AHL if you don't want to play them.

Next year's draft is supposed to be one of the deeper ones in recent memory, any team that is not going to make the playoffs would be brain dead to keep a 36 year old goalie like Quick rather than taking a 1st round pick in a draft like that.
The following is what you don't udnerstand....

1) (this should probably be #s 1-5) The remaining cup vets on the Kings won't get traded unless they want to. Quick doesn't want to leave
2) the Kings are trying to make the playoffs this year
3) 3 productive roster players don't equal a very low first rounder and crap you don't want on your team . Your offer doesn't make the Kings better now or in the future. If quick wants to move there will be much better offers than on the table than their starting goalie, their 2nd or 3rd best dman , and a very productive bottom sixer for a low first and cap dumps.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Your understanding of what teams are going through a rebuild are inaccurate.
The Kings are chasing a playoff spot or at minimum a playoff push to help with the next step of development for the kids on the team. Why would the Kings tank by trading Quick simply to get a late 1st? Quick could/would make the difference in how far the Oilers could possibly advance in the playoffs..
it would also be detrimental to the team as a whole by quitting on them..
nice try though

Last edited:
Reactions: kinghock

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Doesn't work value wise for LA, and doesn't work player wise for Edmonton. LOL at the Flames fan calling a 2022 1st...a late round pick.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Please explain how this doesn't work for Edmonton lol

There isn't anything that they're moving that isn't expendable, but this offer is sideways at best for the Oilers.
Getting an older goalie that still has another year left on his deal, doesn't do much for them and the rest of the pieces LA is giving up aren't upgrades to their current roster.... therfore it doesn't work for Edmonton and it certainly doesn't work for LA

This is the kind of offer that neither team should even remotely interested in. It may favor LA but it doesn't help Edmonton either

Reactions: YP44

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Doesn't work value wise for LA, and doesn't work player wise for Edmonton. LOL at the Flames fan calling a 2022 1st...a late round pick.

Come on man, I get that it's fun to dunk on flames fans, but he clearly meant a late 1st.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
There isn't anything that they're moving that isn't expendable, but this offer is sideways at best for the Oilers.
Getting an older goalie that still has another year left on his deal, doesn't do much for them and the rest of the pieces LA is giving up aren't upgrades to their current roster.... therfore it doesn't work for Edmonton and it certainly doesn't work for LA

This is the kind of offer that neither team should even remotely interested in. It may favor LA but it doesn't help Edmonton either
You do they have mike smith for two years and he's 39 lol. And elder and Moore would absolutely be upgrades on their current roster. If you don't know anything about another teams roster it's just better to not comment then act like you know

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Kings don't do this. Quick is arguably their starter right now and is playing great. LA doesn't want to rely on Peterson right now. Moore is playing alright and seems like the equivalent to Turris but he brings a tenacity to the game that is preferred by LA. Edler is playing great and has seen somewhat of a resurgence. The 1st round pick isn't much figuring it'll be a later pick. Kings jusst can't part with these guys.

LA counter offers with a 4th round pick for Kassian. Make it conditional if LA makes the playoffs next year.

Reactions: kinghock

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
You do they have mike smith for two years and he's 39 lol. And elder and Moore would absolutely be upgrades on their current roster. If you don't know anything about another teams roster it's just better to not comment then act like you know

Exactly, why acquire another old goalie? There is absolutely no reason to get all butt hurt man. Just because I don't think the Oilers would benefit from this trade as much as they could from using assets to acquire different players doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
In case you messed it.... I don't have Mike Smith, he's on the Edmonton Oilers, hell they aren't even my favorite team, in case it wasn't painfully obvious by my name and my picture, I'm a DEVILS fan

Seriously, I don't understand why people get all pissed off just because someone has a different opinion. I've stated numerous times that this trade favors the Oilers, I keep trying to make you understand that just because it favors the Oilers, doesn't make it the kind of trade they should be looking at but you just continue to be a jerk

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, we don’t need anymore picks let alone your trash
The key here is the contracts past this season. Quick is $5.8m next year and Moore is $1.8m ish. Does this weigh off against Kassian for 2 more at$3.75. All of the players are paid more than they are worth and all are declining. If you are LA you would rather have the pick and the cap space given the top end cost of your last generation stars like Doughty and Kopitar. you still need to get a goalie but this years draft is strong. Would LA get more parting out those pieces is one option. The thing to remember is that the Kings could look at it as giving Quick one more cup run as a thank you for good service.

the oilers need to add one of Lavoi, Savoi or Samorukov to even this out. La can keep Moore as well if that makes it easier to swallow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad