Proposal: Kings liquidation. GavrikovDanault, and Fiala

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
That seems a bit lowball, i'd rather forget about the injustice and trade him somewhere for a decent offer.

Fair enough

I wouldn't go higher from the Habs because of his age versus the fact that we have a younger group, but for sure L.A. would be likely to receive better offer from elsewhere, like a contender who is looking for a 2nd/high end 3rd center for the playoffs

Reactions: Kingspiracy

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
This thread is probably a year premature. The exodus of a lot of the roster is coming but it won't ensue until the change in management occurs. Danault would probably be the first domino to fall especially if Turcotte continues to emerge. I'd fully expect him to net a 1st and a B level prospect, every contending team should covet a player like him.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I mean, I wish they would liquidate, but there is no way they will with Blake at the helm because he is all in to save his job and I doubt AEG ejects him before the trade deadline or even season end. I think they let him finish out his contract and if they don't go deep in the postseason that's it. The Kings have an "interesting" lineup this year that isn't passing the eye test to most fans, especially compared to their record, but they are definitely ride or die this year.

Last edited:

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
As long as the biggest boat anchor in the Kings organization remains in the man, the myth, the mystery Rob Blake is calling shots, none of this is happening.

Reactions: go4hockey

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Gavrikov- looking for a 1st 2025 and a prospect
Danault- looking for a first in 2026
Fiala- Looking for a 1st 2026 and RHD prospect. (Isn’t that ironic)
It only takes one motivated buyer, so LA might get firsts for each of those guys

But i wouldn't be surprised if neither Gav, nor Danault, return that much (yes, they might, yes there is precedent, but gotta find that willing and generous taker)

And Fiala, at ~$8M, may require retention for a team to fit him

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
It only takes one motivated buyer, so LA might get firsts for each of those guys

But i wouldn't be surprised if neither Gav, nor Danault, return that much (yes, they might, yes there is precedent, but gotta find that willing and generous taker)

And Fiala, at ~$8M, may require retention for a team to fit him
i feel like the Kings would gain more by trading Danault with retention at the TDL when his contract ends rather than now.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Man I am shocked to find that Danault is trying to be shipped out by Kings fans with 3 years (including this one) left on his contract.

Who ever could have seen this happening?
Pfft. Danault has been great overall. Kings fans want to ship anyone and everyone with value out because this lineup's future looks bleak and they want to get value out of everyone while value is there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I mean, I wish they would liquidate, but there is no way they will with Blake at the helm because he is all in to save his job and I doubt AEG ejects him before the trade deadline or even season end. I think they let him finish out his contract and if they don't go deep in the postseason that's it. The Kings have an "interesting" lineup this year that isn't passing the eye test to most fans, especially compared to their record, but they are definitely ride or die this year.

Kings fans are weird. You think this is a Rob Blake thing, as if the management of another club that is in the middle of the standings (or better in this case) would liquidate their roster. That is not a thing that happens anywhere.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I do that proposed Danualt trade immediately from a Jets perspective if I had the power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad