Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Leafs, Wednesday Oct, 16, 7:30 pm EST

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Richest team in hockey can’t afford hand sanitizer. Last year there was stuff flying around the dressing room all year, let’s not see this again. Berube said a few guys are dealing with sickness, makes our start all the more impressive imo.

They do a lot of charity and events off the ice. And they have families and friends. They don't live in bubbles in between games.

But yeah it does get crazy how often they get a massive flu like viruses through the entire room, which knocks out a bunch of players at a time. This is why cap space and depth is important.

Reactions: DarkKnight

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Max Domi lead the #Leafs with three points (all assists) in first three game. Solid in his play-making ability, Craig Berube wants to see Domi be a little more selfish.

This would be my way of reminding everyone how good Domi has been setting up guys.

As a coach, after the period, I remind everyone of the good passes that period. Everyone remembers who scored. They forget the passes that the shooter should have scored.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Things I'd like to see tonight:
- A WIN!
- solid defensive effort; special call out to Liljegren in his season debut. KISS!
- solid goaltending effort from Stolarz
- Matthews to get a goal
- PP to not look like a joke
- PK to continue to show poise

Also, 7:30pm starts suck. Assume this game is on US (National) TV?
Edit: Apparently not.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Well first of all, id take a no-event defenseman over Timmins...

More importantly, Liljegren has shown stretches of very good two-way play. He's also +42 in his three years with the Leafs which, while not a great stat, indicates he's overall done pretty good with the minutes he's been given.

I don't think he's a superstar, but I do think Keefe didn't do a great job developing him and there's still a quality, two-way, top 4 rhd there.

I think Keefe is a good coach, but one of his biggest issues has been developing young (non-superstar) talent. I think the only rookies he successfully integrated were Bunting (kinda?) and Knies.
Well said about Lili.

Fans far too often focus on what players can’t do, rather than what they can.

Narratives emerge like urban legends and stick.

In any even, Go Leafs go.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Leafs Trap game written all over it.
Multiple kings players injured
Kings are in middle of long road trip.
Leafs are well rested.

Let’s see if Berube’s system can change the narrative.

Reactions: rumman and aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
It does provide some balance, and both lines end up being pretty good though. I don't disagree that the second line might be more offensive with Domi, but having it like this, the third line improves some offensively, and the second line is better defensively this way.
Plus, Pontus did just fine in a trial with 34&16 last year.
A reminder that it’s possible for players to play ‘up’. Something the leafs could do more.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
According to the sportsnet ticker Big Save Dave is in net tonight.

No Doughty, no Kalyev no Kuemper.

Hopefully It's a big night for the boys tonight

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lilgren was phenomenal last year when Reilly was suspended. Hope to see that type of form from him consistently this season. Hopefully the Timmins experiment is over.
show cased for a potential move to LA or perhaps elsewhere?

According to the sportsnet ticker Big Save Dave is in net tonight.

No Doughty, no Kalyev no Kuemper.

Hopefully It's a big night for the boys tonight
watch out for Kopitar, he's still a beast............

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Richest team in hockey can’t afford hand sanitizer. Last year there was stuff flying around the dressing room all year, let’s not see this again. Berube said a few guys are dealing with sickness, makes our start all the more impressive imo.

For the richest team in the league they’ve had crappy ice for years on end. Icing a skilled team and having trash ice is their ammo. Hand sanitizers are not even an afterthought lol :laugh:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Believe it or not, games like this do show if things have changed around the Leafs or not. Will they step on their throats tonight? Or just another “trap game”? Loosey goosey won’t cut it. They are training to be champions come June. Every game is preparation for that.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
They do a lot of charity and events off the ice. And they have families and friends. They don't live in bubbles in between games.

But yeah it does get crazy how often they get a massive flu like viruses through the entire room, which knocks out a bunch of players at a time. This is why cap space and depth is important.

JT also has kids so that’s a given

btw given cap space argument is that an indication about what’s your expectations are fr marner contract :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad