Proposal: Kings and Penguins

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
seems pretty even

Pearson is abit more proven than Pouliot at this point

but Pouliot has great promise on paper

however, unfortunately for LA, Pearson is currently our #1 LW LOLZ!

so if we trade away Pearson

we can just basically forfeit our season

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It's a tough call, but I would assume it would have Dean's attention. It would help LA's defensive depth, but create another hole on the top 6 in the process. I think LA would look for someone more proven for their top 4, even though I doubt the Pens would see the deal being too equal, but it is not far-fetched.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Nobody's going to want to pay an acceptable price for Pouliot until he proves himself, at which point he'll be too important to part with.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
LA is paying for potential here, but it COULD be a worthwhile gamble.

This isn't a bad proposal.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Pouliot's ceiling is higher than Pearson's as far as impact on the team goes. Its not a bad proposal, Pouliot could thrive big time under Sutter's guidance.

Last edited:

member 88115

No Thank You

But we can do Dwight Mr. Coaches Pet King (just don't tell Sutter)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I proposed this when I thought the Kings were going to keep Lucic. Had you guys kept him, Pearson could have been a cap casualty...and the Penguins need a LW to boot.

This may be a "wait and see" thing. I want to see how Pouliot performs this year before trading him. I'm pegging him as Daley's replacement.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If Pouliot was right handed, I'd say yes.

If Pouliot was right handed, he wouldn't be available. PIT would keep him and let him take over Daley's spot on the 2nd pairing 12 months from now. The fact that he's a lefty and PIT already has a couple stud LHD means that for the right price, Pouliot may be available. Or he (or Maatta/Dumoulin) may transition fine to the right side and we keep him going forward.

Not opposed to this trade, but not really ready to jump all over it either. With Kunitz still here, PIT doesn't really have much room in their forward group for another tweener, so without other moves happening to open up space, I don't see this making much sense for PIT right now.

Personally I see PIT waiting to see what happens from the expansion draft and how DP does this season.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
How about Kunitz and Pouliot for Pearson +? Kunitz can replace Pearson. I really think Pouliot would be dynamite learning from DD and turn into a stud. He has all the skills but needs a mentor IMO.

Btw don't start this Kunitz cap dump ****. Check his stats and corsi. I'd be fine if we kept him another year but I really want some new life next to Sid.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
How about Kunitz and Pouliot for Pearson +? Kunitz can replace Pearson. I really think Pouliot would be dynamite learning from DD and turn into a stud. He has all the skills but needs a mentor IMO.

Btw don't start this Kunitz cap dump ****. Check his stats and corsi. I'd be fine if we kept him another year but I really want some new life next to Sid.

No thanks I think Pearson is ready to break out. \He was making good stride near the end of the season I think he's fully healed from his broken leg. A 20 goal 30 assist season is not out of the realm of possibilities Also with the kings cap I don't think we can afford Kunitz

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Gets the wheels turnin but ultimately I'd back away from this. Good proposal but I'm one of those of the opinion that DP is everything we wanted him to be at draft day and just needs the icetime to prove/show it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gets the wheels turnin but ultimately I'd back away from this. Good proposal but I'm one of those of the opinion that DP is everything we wanted him to be at draft day and just needs the icetime to prove/show it.

Agreed. I want to see more out of Pouliot before we decide what to do with him. Pearson looks promising and I really liked the Pearson-Carter-Tofolli line back in the day but I would want to watch Pearson more first hand before making that jump. I feel it both reach their potential, it's easier to find a Pearson than it is a Pouliot.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Agreed. I want to see more out of Pouliot before we decide what to do with him. Pearson looks promising and I really liked the Pearson-Carter-Tofolli line back in the day but I would want to watch Pearson more first hand before making that jump. I feel it both reach their potential, it's easier to find a Pearson than it is a Pouliot.

Interesting comment i actually think for the kings its easier to find a Pouliot then a Pearson. The king's best prospects are defenseman for the most part. Clague-Gravel
Forbort -Cernak/Ladue Lintuniemi-Moverare on the cusp There is only two wingers with top 6 potential imo (kempe and Mersch) We need Pearson more then we need another left handed defenseman prospect

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Interesting comment i actually think for the kings its easier to find a Pouliot then a Pearson. The king's best prospects are defenseman for the most part. Clague-Gravel
Forbort -Cernak/Ladue Lintuniemi-Moverare on the cusp There is only two wingers with top 6 potential imo (kempe and Mersch) We need Pearson more then we need another left handed defenseman prospect

And it's just the opposite for the Penguins. We have Sprong, Rust, Wilson, Sheary ready for the NHL with Guenztel, Simon, and Sundqvist that can come up. We have plenty of tweeners. Whereas our d-prospect pool is nearly gone. All the prospects we built up are in the NHL now. We drafted and signed a couple but they are a ways out. Pearson would likely be the best of those mentioned if added however I'm not sure the downgrade from Pouliot to the next guy would be worth the switch.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Hmm. Ever since Voynov lost his mind, LA desperately needs a player like Pouliot. Whether they'd trade from a position of weakness to get the sort of guy (but not necessarily the actual guy) they need is probably a fair question.

High risk, high reward type proposal. If he panned out, though, so much gets solved for the Kings.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If things go south next year than maybe, but going into this year Pearson is too important of a piece IMO.

member 88115

Hmm. Ever since Voynov lost his mind, LA desperately needs a player like Pouliot. Whether they'd trade from a position of weakness to get the sort of guy (but not necessarily the actual guy) they need is probably a fair question.

High risk, high reward type proposal. If he panned out, though, so much gets solved for the Kings.
Pouliot has a long way to go before he can become a Voynov (but i'm sure he is a better person) type player. So trading Pearson for an unknown would not be wise. Pouliot is still trying to make the Pens top 6, while Voynov pushed Jack Johnson out of the Top 4.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
And it's just the opposite for the Penguins. We have Sprong, Rust, Wilson, Sheary ready for the NHL with Guenztel, Simon, and Sundqvist that can come up. We have plenty of tweeners. Whereas our d-prospect pool is nearly gone. All the prospects we built up are in the NHL now. We drafted and signed a couple but they are a ways out. Pearson would likely be the best of those mentioned if added however I'm not sure the downgrade from Pouliot to the next guy would be worth the switch.

Which is why this trade proposal makes no sense to me. Both teams better off with there own players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad