Proposal: Kings and Penguins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Hmm. Ever since Voynov lost his mind, LA desperately needs a player like Pouliot. Whether they'd trade from a position of weakness to get the sort of guy (but not necessarily the actual guy) they need is probably a fair question.

High risk, high reward type proposal. If he panned out, though, so much gets solved for the Kings.

No they need a player like Slava to replace Slava and Pouliot is not anywhere near him hockey wise. A proven right handed defenseman with a great contract over a prospect people thats not proven a thing :help:lets not over think this

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
If it's not clear, I am not saying Pouliot is on Voynov's level. I am saying he has the potential to be that type of player.

Whether he gets to the point he could be trusted to be a reasonable facsimile of Voynov is anybody's guess. Hence, the high element of risk.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If it's not clear, I am not saying Pouliot is on Voynov's level. I am saying he has the potential to be that type of player.

Whether he gets to the point he could be trusted to be a reasonable facsimile of Voynov is anybody's guess. Hence, the high element of risk.

Yes i understand that however the kings don't need "potential" right now The Kings are in a win now situation not win later. I would much rather wait if we have to for our own prospects who will be developed in our system Kings pens play two different systems and i don't see how one of ur defenseman would fit in ours :help:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If Schultz has a good season, and prices himself out of Pittsburgh, that could be a basis for a deal. Especially if Pouliot makes strides this upcoming season and/or Daley can come back on the cheap.

Schultz will be an RFA at years end. Same as Pearson, I believe.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
How about Kunitz and Pouliot for Pearson +? Kunitz can replace Pearson. I really think Pouliot would be dynamite learning from DD and turn into a stud. He has all the skills but needs a mentor IMO.

Btw don't start this Kunitz cap dump ****. Check his stats and corsi. I'd be fine if we kept him another year but I really want some new life next to Sid.

We can't do the Pouliot for Pearson deal cause we are lacking good forwards, your not fixing anything by trying to dump Kunitz on us.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
If Schultz has a good season, and prices himself out of Pittsburgh, that could be a basis for a deal. Especially if Pouliot makes strides this upcoming season and/or Daley can come back on the cheap.

Schultz will be an RFA at years end. Same as Pearson, I believe.

If your suggesting a Pearson for Schultz deal. Schultz would have to have one hell of a season and play top 4. We couldn't trade a top 6 forward for a 5/6 defenseman which is what he is at this point.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pouliot could REALLY shine in LA, being as he'd be in a system that helps him develop better defensively and still using his elite offensive potential to good use.

I can't argue with the deal from a Pens fans standpoint. Pearson would be a very nice option for Malkin.

Nice proposal :handclap:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I honestly don't get it. If Pouliot has so much potential and can really shine if given the chance and the Penguins don't have a lot of organizational depth on defense, then why not keep Pouliot?

This deal makes zero sense for either team, regardless of value.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I honestly don't get it. If Pouliot has so much potential and can really shine if given the chance and the Penguins don't have a lot of organizational depth on defense, then why not keep Pouliot?

:handclap: well done. This is the right anwser. Value is fair but makes no sense to make the deal.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If your suggesting a Pearson for Schultz deal. Schultz would have to have one hell of a season and play top 4. We couldn't trade a top 6 forward for a 5/6 defenseman which is what he is at this point.

LA was rumored to be acquiring him last deadline. And Pittsburgh has been a good place for struggling D-men to re-establish themselves.

Pouliot is further away from helping you in that Voynov role than Schultz.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
LA was rumored to be acquiring him last deadline. And Pittsburgh has been a good place for struggling D-men to re-establish themselves.

If you're an outsider, you can't be impressed by what Schultz has shown so far in his career.

Pouliot for Pearson is a lot closer than Schultz for Pearson, if you ask me.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

yes for high picks and a long range prospect (Prohorkin) not for our top lw Also let not forget purcell was also in the package.Give it up already your not going to convince any rational king fan to trade out top lw for anything but a upgrade on Alec Martinez and Schultz (whichever one isn't)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Schultz may be able to work in a top 4 role at some point, but we haven't Niskafixed him yet.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
How about Kunitz and Pouliot for Pearson +? Kunitz can replace Pearson. I really think Pouliot would be dynamite learning from DD and turn into a stud. He has all the skills but needs a mentor IMO.

Btw don't start this Kunitz cap dump ****. Check his stats and corsi. I'd be fine if we kept him another year but I really want some new life next to Sid.

LA can't afford the cap of Kunitz; Pittsburgh would have to retain. And then LA doesn't have much to add to Pearson

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think it's a good proposal OP and value is fair. But I wouldnt do it because we're severely lacking top-six forwards in the system and since Pouliot isn't a RHD it makes it even harder. I dunno. Like, I wouldn't be TOO upset if it happened because I think both guys have a lot left to show us (pearson is looking like a baby justin williams, clutch and relentless) but it seems like both organizations plug a hole and add a different hole.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Schultz at this point could not get anywhere near filling the Voynov role and if we tried that it would lead to big time struggles. I would have been ok to sign him cheap with hopes he could come around while playing bottom pair minutes. But to think he could handle top 4 minutes is crazy at this point. And no way in hell LA would give up top six forward for him. LA had interest at the price of mid to late draft picks.... Big difference than what your suggesting.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Penguins lack of organizational depth on defense is a minor league thing, not a top 2 NHL pairing left D thing. Our top 2 left D are 21 and 24 respectively. There won't be a job opening on anything other than the third pairing for the foreseeable future. There's no chance to give except that.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Penguins lack of organizational depth on defense is a minor league thing, not a top 2 NHL pairing left D thing. Our top 2 left D are 21 and 24 respectively. There won't be a job opening on anything other than the third pairing for the foreseeable future. There's no chance to give except that.

And LA has...

Muzzin
Martinez
McNabb
Gravel
Forbort
Scuderi

All LHD that will be battling for the NHL spots. Pouliot does nothing but clog up that left side more. It might be fair value but LA wouldn't touch that deal.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The Penguins defense long term has Letang, Dumoulin and Maatta as the top-3. Maatta and Dumoulin are either primarily LD or solely LD (Dumoulin is flat out incapable of playing RD). Pouliot would need to swap to RD for him to have a top-4 spot long term with the Pens. I think he can play both sides, which makes that swap not much of an issue, but some people think that every D pair needs to be lefty-righty. I'd personally rather not trade Pouliot and just run with:

Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Pouliot
Cole-Schultz

Long term.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Where does he play? PIT has Maatta, Dumoulin and Cole on the left side already - and two of those guys are 21 and 24. And if he takes Cole's spot, that means he's playing with Schultz, which probably isn't the best situation for either player. And odds are Schultz isn't getting benched for Pouliot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad