Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
That's what I find hilarious, one could make the argument that the Kings 2nd round picks have been better than their 1st round picks over the last 20 years.
Surprised no one has mentioned Faber yet. The main piece for Toffoli.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I think this is the complete fact here. There isn’t any big hidden plan. There’s no 3 dimensional chess or anything. He’s legit going by ear with no plan in mind. Hes completely lost like we are. But he’s the one who’s made this organization lost.

What is giving you this idea besides precedence? kings have been a lot more hesitant this time around than last since it’s not turned out well for them

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That's what I find hilarious, one could make the argument that the Kings 2nd round picks have been better than their 1st round picks over the last 20 years.
Kings doesn’t matter. If top 10 picks can’t make the line up then none of the other ones have value to me

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If Turc plays 4th line Centre who plays 3rd line Centre?
It will probably start Kopitar with Danault and Byfield on the other 2 lines. if QB can take the next step then it’ll be Danault as the 3C and we can but hope that Kopitar is the 2C. Although I think that’s (Kopitar as 2C) more likely to be in the 25/6 season.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
It will probably start Kopitar with Danault and Byfield on the other 2 lines. if QB can take the next step then it’ll be Danault as the 3C and we can but hope that Kopitar is the 2C. Although I think that’s (Kopitar as 2C) more likely to be in the 25/6 season.
I expect Kopitar to have a banner season in 2024-25 as for 2025-26 season well that's a ways away and anything can happen in a years time...eventually Byfield will be the numero uno or due Centre...like I said in the past once Kopi is retired I'd have Kempe and Byfield as the LA's top 2 Centres since both are great skaters and can generate so much Offense by their moves and abilities

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Same reason they backed up the truck for PLD... inept scouting and bowls of hopium... they deserve to be scrutinized after the myriad bad decisions this crew has made...Sure you can say good job cleaning up the hazmat disasters.. but in the end they keep moving the franchise backwards... no way should they have kept their jobs.
Kings backed up the Truck for PLD really? They gave up Yafallo,Kupari and oft injured Vilardi and a 2nd rounder...these days Blake is giving them away...as for keeping their jobs I'll agree with you there...The Kings move 1 step forward and 2 back at every turn

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I expect Kopitar to have a banner season in 2024-25 as for 2025-26 season well that's a ways away and anything can happen in a years time...eventually Byfield will be the numero uno or due Centre...like I said in the past once Kopi is retired I'd have Kempe and Byfield as the LA's top 2 Centres since both are great skaters and can generate so much Offense by their moves and abilities
If Kempe is our 2C we will definitely be tanking.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Kings backed up the Truck for PLD really? They gave up Yafallo,Kupari and oft injured Vilardi and a 2nd rounder...these days Blake is giving them away...as for keeping their jobs I'll agree with you there...The Kings move 1 step forward and 2 back at every turn
Vilardi is about .80 pt a game player making 3.5 mil aav - there's a lot of value there prob worth the position he was drafted at i believe 11oa.. and the 2nd rounder... Iafallo prob worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.. Kupari - nothing... so a 1st, 2nd and 3rd/4th for total bum. Id say thats a lot.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Vilardi is about .80 pt a game player making 3.5 mil aav - there's a lot of value there prob worth the position he was drafted at i believe 11oa.. and the 2nd rounder... Iafallo prob worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.. Kupari - nothing... so a 1st, 2nd and 3rd/4th for total bum. Id say thats a lot.
Indeed my marsupial avatar'd friend

What Andys is missing here is value

PLD brought 40 points for 8.5 million
Gabe brought 36 points for 3.5 mil

The PLD contract hamstrung us and was initially going to have the Kings icing partial teams on some nights to stay cap compliant before Arrrvidsson got hurt and opened up LTIR space

symbology

Jun 17, 2009
Does everyone realize he's about a Trevor Lewis in terms of production the last 2 seasons? ie .25 pt a game player. His 41 pt season was on a major outlier shot pct. Im not sure why TB GM had such a major hardon for this guy.

Even the last 20 games of his great season, Jeannot scored just 1G and 1A and was a - (a lot, I forgot the numebr, but it was over -10 if I recall.)
Herby - everyone wanted this player when Nashville moved him which is why TB gave up so much.

Elliott Friedman mentioned TB trading him recently and said he’s better in the West.

Give the player a chance he will be fan favorite.

Someone needs to protect Turcotte, Thomas, Clarke and Spence.

I think Elliott is mistaken, or being misleading. The last 75 games Jeannot played in Nashville (including the last 20 of his awesome season) were almost just as bad as he was in Tampa. Could he be "a little" better in the West? Sure, but people should not expect the Tanner Jeannot that played in his first 75 games for Nashville, rather they should expect the Tanner Jeannot that played in his last 75 games for Nashville. That player is pretty much the same player that Tampa was eager to dump and Dumbo Blake was eager to acquire.

Put him on the 4th line and keep him there IMO.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Even the last 20 games of his great season, Jeannot scored just 1G and 1A and was a - (a lot, I forgot the numebr, but it was over -10 if I recall.)

I think Elliott is mistaken, or being misleading. The last 75 games Jeannot played in Nashville (including the last 20 of his awesome season) were almost just as bad as he was in Tampa. Could he be "a little" better in the West? Sure, but people should not expect the Tanner Jeannot that played in his first 75 games for Nashville, rather they should expect the Tanner Jeannot that played in his last 75 games for Nashville. That player is pretty much the same player that Tampa was eager to dump and Dumbo Blake was eager to acquire.

Put him on the 4th line and keep him there IMO.
I’m happy we got him as I want him stapled on the fourth line to be a face puncher and protect Turcotte and the other skilled players. Coach has the discretion to put him on the ice whenever so if he hast to lineup outside the fourth line just to beat the can off a guy I’d be more than happy to see it.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
He was drafted as a Centre right and can play Centre and will be a dam good if given decent to good linemates...hello Fiala and ...Moore or Greentree
Not quite as he was drafted at C/LW. He played mostly LW in the AHL after struggling at C and moved back there when injuries dictated. He played his best AHL hockey at LW and was there when he got his first recall and started for Kings at LW. They then experimented with him at C for the Kings and it didn’t work and on top of his general play he was poor in the draw. He played quite a lot with Pearson and Toffoli so had decent wingers to work with, but it didn’t work and this board was screaming for him to go back to wing. He then eventually went back to LW, before really breaking out on his off wing.

symbology

Jun 17, 2009
What concerns me is the season he was traded at the deadline, he was tanking in Nashville with about the same pace as he did the subsequent season in TB. So it concerns me that he is quiet quitting like PLD as some have mentioned.. Contract season gives me some hope still.

View attachment 890138

He actually he started to tank the last 20 games of his best season. Continued the next season in Nashville, got traded, and continued....... Why be concerned though?

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
He actually he started to tank the last 20 games of his best season. Continued the next season in Nashville, got traded, and continued....... Why be concerned though?
The majority of the fan base in Tampa Bay never accepted him. They looked at what Tampa Bay gave up in exchange for him and he literally became the blame for every failure the Lighting had while he was a member of the team. Yes, Tampa Bay gave up a lot for him and signed him to a contract that was more than his play deserved. However, he gave the organization a legit tough guy who was the exception to the rest of the human speed bags that Tampa Bay felt "team toughness" represented.

Fingers crossed he rebounds playing for an organization and fan base that does not expect him to be the second coming of Adam Graves or even Milan Lucic. Find his comfort zone and allow him to give your more skilled players room to play. If he scores ten goals while protecting the team, great. Anything over 15 is a bonus.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kings are expecting 15 goals from him.

So management already has unrealistic expectations.

Dubois got 16. With PP time.

symbology

Jun 17, 2009
The majority of the fan base in Tampa Bay never accepted him. They looked at what Tampa Bay gave up in exchange for him and he literally became the blame for every failure the Lighting had while he was a member of the team. Yes, Tampa Bay gave up a lot for him and signed him to a contract that was more than his play deserved. However, he gave the organization a legit tough guy who was the exception to the rest of the human speed bags that Tampa Bay felt "team toughness" represented.

Fingers crossed he rebounds playing for an organization and fan base that does not expect him to be the second coming of Adam Graves or even Milan Lucic. Find his comfort zone and allow him to give your more skilled players room to play. If he scores ten goals while protecting the team, great. Anything over 15 is a bonus.

He has scored 13 goals over the last 2 seasons, but somehow he is going to get 10-15 goals for LA?

Complaints were not all about production, His play sucked all over the ice.

Can he rebound? Sure, why not.

Was a 2nd rounder over payment? It sure looks that way.

Is it a stretch to expect him to be anything other than a 4th liner? I think so.

People seem to disregard the fact that the last 50% of his time in Nashville was not great. Then, his time in Tampa was not great. Fans of both Nashville and Tampa have had negative things to say in regards to his play. His stats back up these comments / claims. He was scratched from playoff games in Tampa over the last 2 years, that raises questions.

I get that we all hope he is a good/really good player for the Kings. I just fail to see how anyone can expect him to be anything other than the player he as been the last 2 years (plus the last 1/4 of the 3rd year). Change of scenery does not make a lot of sense ( by just pointing out time in Tampa) when the guy was really good for his first 75 games in Nashville, but not so good in the last 75 games playing in the same exact scenery for the same exact team.

I just do not get this move with the 2nd being included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad