Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Jeanott is a right hand shot. We need that. He actually can play.

Can you imagine
Lee-Helenius-Jeanott.
Would be insane.
He's a left shot.

He CAN play. Sometimes. When he feels like it. Most of the time he's a liability or is not noticeable at all.

Maybe he'll try this year since he probably wants another NHL contract.

Tucotte-Thomas-Jeannot could be a great 4th line if TJ finds his game again and Turc/Thomas stay healthy.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This trade and the PLD one feels like all the ammunition Blake has in the clip. I still think Arvidsson comes back on a cheap deal. That’s the final turd to splash in the toilet water. We’re at two bean and cheese burritos from Taco Bell when it comes to what types of movements management is prepared to make. It’ll take 3 more bacon wrapped street dogs for Blake to produce anything close to a Marchessault, never mind Stamkos or Guentzel.
Blake has plenty of ammunition (cap space).

Plenty enough to make a terrible move like Stamkos/Guentzel/Marchessault ect.

Thankfully, none of those players would probably want to sign here.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Friedman said Jeannot plays better in the West.

Talked to a lot of Kings people today - they love Jeannot.

Read about him - he came from the Coast, has a nice young family, is a great team guy, can fight anyone. He’s jacked also.

The Kings couldn’t get Joshua so they got Jeannot. He’s a better fighter and even had two bouts with Reaves.
As a Kings fan lets see what happens and hope he does well and plays more like he did the couple years before he got to Tampa.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Jeannott isn't an unskilled ogre. You are talking about guys like Troy Crowder in that sentence.

People act like this is some big deal who are overly complaining. It isn't. It makes the team tougher. Nobody is saying it makes them some sort of Cup favorite. They had several needs. This is one of them.
Yes, this might be true but not for a 2nd rounder.
You find those kind of guys at any beach and round 'em up with motorbike chains

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Jeanott is a right hand shot.

GTPYNQ7XZOMETONSTV4G2MWELA.jpg

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
For years, after a King gets punked, cheap shotted, head butted, killed in open ice and there's no response. None. Almost ever. This board has 3 to 5 posts about needing a player to stand up for his teammate, after EVERY instance!....and so, the Kings get a legit heavyweight that was a league favorite in 21-22 and every team wish they had him...and TBL give up 5 picks and Cal Foote for him...suddenly he's a trash player?
You cannot score 24 goals and 41 pts in the NHL, without having some legit offensive ability and goal scoring ability...20% shooting % or not. Iafallo has never scored 20 goals...and PLD was 1 pt shy of 41. 3 seasons ago is not that long ago. The NHL is not an easy league to score 20. Not to ever expect 20 goals again, but I'll take 12 goals and 250 hits and protecting the team...opponents will think twice about dirty hits. he had 40 goals his last JR yr. How many enforcers have ever scored 40 in the CHL? Very few, if any.

I bring up the Stone grabbing Clarke, as Stone was an ass after the game and called out Hodgson's hit and he said he's a minor leaguer and I'll never see him again...so, I saw they only had one guy on the ice with talent (Clarke) so I went after him" What an asshat. If Jeannot was on the ice, he would have grabbed Stone and challenged him to go.

I'm tired of seeing the Kings getting abused and wish teammates would stick up and respond...even Laffy did his 1st NHL game...but how many tines did you see a King stand up like that?
It's not a reach that TJ will be a factor and make a big impact. He was not healthy the last yr.
He had 211 hits, which is about 100 more than any King forward last year.

I honestly feel this is about protecting Clarke, to a degree and addressing the team toughness issue.
Clarke is a target...just by his antics and there are vets out there, that would love to kill him...especailly when Clarke will show up others with his skill and make some look silly.
He just has that look, that others hate...like a punk kid that is arrogant....even if he's not.
If Clarke becomes a 70 pt top defenseman, the opposition game plan will be to be physical with him and make him a non factor. It's just the way the NHL is more and more becoming, Win, by playing dirty and punching faces, when a ref cannot see it.

Loving the Summer so far!
PLD gone. 0 retention a miracle
Kuemper can rebound, with better D and is still 2+ younger than Talbot
Rittich 1M good.
Kept pick - got a second rd and took Greentree and George. He can play. Legit talent, size, shot, wicked backhand is potent. Goes to center of the ice. Can create offense on his own and make plays.
Capt at 18 and he even says he's going to be a bigger leader this yr. This is the kind of player the Kings need. McKenzie had him at 18, I think. Some said he would be top 10, with better skating.
Carter George wons all kinds of awards and 6-0 for Team Canada. Legit talent and winner.
Hope he gets to 6'2" 200. Not understanding Slukynsky and George. But NHL currency, as Yank says.
Jeannot for a 4th and 2025 2nd. Love it,
Grundstrom for Burroughs is good.
Turcotte signed 3 yrs for minimum! Huge. I say he takes a big step and is 15 goal. 35 pt player this year.
Love Akil. I was at reign playoff games in Colorado vs eagles 2 yrs ago and they were brutal losses...I walked away "Akil Thomas will be an NHL player". That was the only good thing I saw.
He can play. Great instincts and sneaky skill. I think most do not realize he had a 102 pt yr in the OHL. He has offensive talent and makes the most of his opportunities. He's such a gamer. Love him.

Kaliyev next?
JULY 1. Please sign 2 players day 1.

PLD gone with 0% retained is a Summer miracle. Can bask in that alone, for weeks.

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings are known for getting picks back. They will get that pick back. Watch.

For years, after a King gets punked, cheap shotted, head butted, killed in open ice and there's no response. None. Almost ever. This board has 3 to 5 posts about needing a player to stand up for his teammate, after EVERY instance!....and so, the Kings get a legit heavyweight that was a league favorite in 21-22 and every team wish they had him...and TBL give up 5 picks and Cal Foote for him...suddenly he's a trash player?
You cannot score 24 goals and 41 pts in the NHL, without having some legit offensive ability and goal scoring ability...20% shooting % or not. Iafallo has never scored 20 goals...and PLD was 1 pt shy of 41. 3 seasons ago is not that long ago. The NHL is not an easy league to score 20. Not to ever expect 20 goals again, but I'll take 12 goals and 250 hits and protecting the team...opponents will think twice about dirty hits. he had 40 goals his last JR yr. How many enforcers have ever scored 40 in the CHL? Very few, if any.

I bring up the Stone grabbing Clarke, as Stone was an ass after the game and called out Hodgson's hit and he said he's a minor leaguer and I'll never see him again...so, I saw they only had one guy on the ice with talent (Clarke) so I went after him" What an asshat. If Jeannot was on the ice, he would have grabbed Stone and challenged him to go.

I'm tired of seeing the Kings getting abused and wish teammates would stick up and respond...even Laffy did his 1st NHL game...but how many tines did you see a King stand up like that?
It's not a reach that TJ will be a factor and make a big impact. He was not healthy the last yr.
He had 211 hits, which is about 100 more than any King forward last year.

I honestly feel this is about protecting Clarke, to a degree and addressing the team toughness issue.
Clarke is a target...just by his antics and there are vets out there, that would love to kill him...especailly when Clarke will show up others with his skill and make some look silly.
He just has that look, that others hate...like a punk kid that is arrogant....even if he's not.
If Clarke becomes a 70 pt top defenseman, the opposition game plan will be to be physical with him and make him a non factor. It's just the way the NHL is more and more becoming, Win, by playing dirty and punching faces, when a ref cannot see it.

Loving the Summer so far!
PLD gone. 0 retention a miracle
Kuemper can rebound, with better D and is still 2+ younger than Talbot
Rittich 1M good.
Kept pick - got a second rd and took Greentree and George. He can play. Legit talent, size, shot, wicked backhand is potent. Goes to center of the ice. Can create offense on his own and make plays.
Capt at 18 and he even says he's going to be a bigger leader this yr. This is the kind of player the Kings need. McKenzie had him at 18, I think. Some said he would be top 10, with better skating.
Carter George wons all kinds of awards and 6-0 for Team Canada. Legit talent and winner.
Hope he gets to 6'2" 200. Not understanding Slukynsky and George. But NHL currency, as Yank says.
Jeannot for a 4th and 2025 2nd. Love it,
Grundstrom for Burroughs is good.
Turcotte signed 3 yrs for minimum! Huge. I say he takes a big step and is 15 goal. 35 pt player this year.
Love Akil. I was at reign playoff games in Colorado vs eagles 2 yrs ago and they were brutal losses...I walked away "Akil Thomas will be an NHL player". That was the only good thing I saw.
He can play. Great instincts and sneaky skill. I think most do not realize he had a 102 pt yr in the OHL. He has offensive talent and makes the most of his opportunities. He's such a gamer. Love him.

Kaliyev next?
JULY 1. Please sign 2 players day 1.

PLD gone with 0% retained is a Summer miracle. Can bask in that alone, for weeks.
This.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad