Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Here's the thing about "grit" and "fighting". In order for either of these guys to provide either of those things they need to be on the ice when something happens. To be on the ice when something happens, they have to be playing a decent amount.

Neither of these guys should be playing a decent amount over the other options that are available.

So great, the Kings are paying a whole bunch of money for two guys to go "oh, boy, I oughta" from the bench while the rest of the team continues to be soft.
They are paying roughly $3.8 million for Jeannot and Burroughs. I’d hardly consider that a whole bunch of money against the cap.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Friedman said Jeannot plays better in the West.

Talked to a lot of Kings people today - they love Jeannot.

Read about him - he came from the Coast, has a nice young family, is a great team guy, can fight anyone. He’s jacked also.

The Kings couldn’t get Joshua so they got Jeannot. He’s a better fighter and even had two bouts with Reaves.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Here's the thing about "grit" and "fighting". In order for either of these guys to provide either of those things they need to be on the ice when something happens. To be on the ice when something happens, they have to be playing a decent amount.

Neither of these guys should be playing a decent amount over the other options that are available.

So great, the Kings are paying a whole bunch of money for two guys to go "oh, boy, I oughta" from the bench while the rest of the team continues to be soft.
They are paying roughly $3.8 million combined for Jeannot and Burroughs, I’d hardly consider that a whole bunch of money.

Reactions: kinghock

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You want a team that even if you lose a game, you’re opponent flies home saying “Rather not see them for awhile if ever again.”

These moves are at least helping the Kings be more painful to play against.

lol

The last 3 playoff we were voted the absolute top team by fans, on who they wanted to play against in Round 1

We don't scare anyone and adding some unskilled ogres won't change that.
Our biggest issue is that in hockey you have to put a puck into a net, everything else is irrelevant.
Sadly we always focus on everything else

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Never asked for grit. I want a significant change in the culture and the identity of the team. This is another band-aid on a, at this point in time, festering gunshot wound.

A significant change in culture......

Teams start to significantly change the culture....

Still bitches....

Yep, it tracks.

Yea...no....that's not how grit and fighting works......

Assuming everything done on a shift is immediately forgotten.....after the shift is over.....are we kidding?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The money is fine, but those two?
With Burroughs we have a guy that can fight and has the mustache to go work at Ace Hardware anytime he wants

z9kmbfuxse8dfesjxeyz.jpg

How many other team's can say that?

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
lol

The last 3 playoff we were voted the absolute top team by fans, on who they wanted to play against in Round 1

We don't scare anyone and adding some unskilled ogres won't change that.
Our biggest issue is that in hockey you have to put a puck into a net, everything else is irrelevant.
Sadly we always focus on everything else
Jeannott isn't an unskilled ogre. You are talking about guys like Troy Crowder in that sentence.

People act like this is some big deal who are overly complaining. It isn't. It makes the team tougher. Nobody is saying it makes them some sort of Cup favorite. They had several needs. This is one of them.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
how do we know its a bad decision? its a wait and see. if he plays anywhere int he middle of his time in nashville and tampa, then a 2nd round is an easy price to pay. some of you guys are acting like blake gave up what tampa gave up to get him.... guys are so blood thirsty to cry about everything.
It's a message board where people share opinions.

Nobody knows shit.

But people are expressing reasons why they think it's a bad deal.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Honestly I don't hate the Jeannot acquisition. If the goal is to make Byfield a centre, I wouldn't hate trying him with Kopitar and Kempe.

Without any UFA signings:

Kempe-Kopitar-Jeannot
Fiala-Byfield-Kaliyev
Moore-Danault-Turcotte

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Honestly I don't hate the Jeannot acquisition. If the goal is to make Byfield a centre, I wouldn't hate trying him with Kopitar and Kempe.

Without any UFA signings:

Kempe-Kopitar-Jeannot
Fiala-Byfield-Kaliyev
Moore-Danault-Turcotte
I do like that line 2 & 3. I know it'll never happen, but i'd love to see them give Turc a shot right off the bat with Kempe & Kopi.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Does everyone realize he's about a Trevor Lewis in terms of production the last 2 seasons? ie .25 pt a game player. His 41 pt season was on a major outlier shot pct. Im not sure why TB GM had such a major hardon for this guy.

Reactions: tigermask48

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
This trade and the PLD one feels like all the ammunition Blake has in the clip. I still think Arvidsson comes back on a cheap deal. That’s the final turd to splash in the toilet water. We’re at two bean and cheese burritos from Taco Bell when it comes to what types of movements management is prepared to make. It’ll take 3 more bacon wrapped street dogs for Blake to produce anything close to a Marchessault, never mind Stamkos or Guentzel.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Would Burroughs and Englund play at the same time?

Of course! You think these guys would do something stupid like play Spence or Clarke, much less both?

Does everyone realize he's about a Trevor Lewis in terms of production the last 2 seasons? ie .25 pt a game player. His 41 pt season was on a major outlier shot pct. Im not sure why TB GM had such a major hardon for this guy.

They were high on their own supply after getting guys like Hagel and Paul playing up, thought everything would be magic

sort of like adding LUcic after Carter, gaborik

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
They were high on their own supply after getting guys like Hagel and Paul playing up, thought everything would be magic

sort of like adding LUcic after Carter, gaborik
I think its similar to the PLD effect - where somehow there's this rep that was established in the minds of some evaluators that make you want to take a chance on the guy. PLDs ability to do that has been unprecedented.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad