Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Imc
What a waste of a morning, Bad asset management with that second round pick. Then we trade a second and fourth for a player that we should have been paid 44 taking them especially if there's no Money retain. So much optimism yesterday and then today all this happens
I can barely contain my shock at your take… you’d be complaining that Blake was sitting on his hands if he got picked up by someone else. All it needs is 2-3 interested parties and you get no one cheap.

It fills a clear need and the value will be determined by results. He’s a prime candidate for a strong bounce back with realistic expectations on what to expect from him.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Perception really matters. Similar to the PLD situation, Tampa traded so much for Jeannot that he was never going to live up to his expectations.

We moved a second for Lias Andersson… Jeannot doesn’t need to be a first line player, he just needs to hit hard and chip in on our middle six for this to be a successful trade.
Yep, and that 2nd we moved to the Rags turned out to be Will Cuylle who would have been a perfect fit on the bottom 6. Solid player who is a power forward type.

Let’s hope Jeannot works out. Like the acquisition.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
What a waste of a morning, Bad asset management with that second round pick. Then we trade a second and fourth for a player that we should have been paid 44 taking them especially if there's no Money retain. So much optimism yesterday and then today all this happens

Disagree. Carter George is a top 3 goalie prospect in this draft. It’s a definite area of need for this club. The pipeline is weak between the pipes. Like the pick a lot.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i don't have a problem with the trade in a vacuum (sounds familiar for blake huh) but it's ultimately an "i can fix him" gamble when you could instead deal in knowns and absolutes.. and here we are again taking up a slot from our youth

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Disagree. Carter George is a top 3 goalie prospect in this draft. It’s a definite area of need for this club. The pipeline is weak between the pipes. Like the pick a lot.
Alot of needs in pipeline including mobile ld so we will agree to disagree

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Let me see if I have it right, Blake decided to pay a 2nd and a 4th for a Carl Grundstrom that hits a little more, makes a 1.4 mill more, and all this right after he traded Grundy for what most of us are hoping is a 7 d-man?

That's the asset management I expect from Blake...

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Total lotto ticket.

If he plays well enough to supplant Laf on the 3rd line with PD and TM than it’s a great move. If he is wrecking ball that keeps the shitbags off AT than it’s an overpayment. If he is a healthy scratch than Blake is maintaining his average of do 1 good deed and punch the franchise in the balls with each hand the next day.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Kings fans are so desperate for any kind of physicality because the roster construction was so poorly built in the other direction, that people are seriously excited about trading a 2nd round pick for a overpaid 4th liner who's been bad for two years and was healthy scratched in the playoffs. This is awful value, plain and simple

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Let me see if I have it right, Blake decided to pay a 2nd and a 4th for a Carl Grundstrom that hits a little more, makes a 1.4 mill more, and all this right after he traded Grundy for what most of us are hoping is a 7 d-man?

That's the asset management I expect from Blake...
Grundstom wasn’t a regular in the lineup and his physical play was patchy at best. When he was on it he was great but unfortunately that was rare. Jeanott will bring the physicality much more consistently and will chip in a little offensively. He has many career fights including 2 against Reaves.

I’m not a fighting fan but he’s definitely a gamer and exactly what most everyone has wanted Blake to get. When it’s an obvious need it gives us less leverage.

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Shitty trade.

Jeannot was ran out of town and a healthy scratch and Blake decided to throw away assets like he had any value.

Grundstrom got traded for another plug.

What is this man doing.
Why are we acting like Carl Grundstrom was anything more than a 13th forward?

He had SIX seasons to prove he was a legit bottom six player and couldn't do it.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Grundstom wasn’t a regular in the lineup and his physical play was patchy at best. When he was on it he was great but unfortunately that was rare. Jeanott will bring the physicality much more consistently and will chip in a little offensively. He has 10 career fights including 2 against Reaves.

I’m not a fighting fan but he’s definitely a gamer and exactly what most everyone has wanted Blake to get. When it’s an obvious need it gives us less leverage.
Oh boy, he fights! The Cup is ours! Overpayment and bad asset management is shockingly, still overpayment and bad asset management at the end of the day.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I said going into this week that I don’t care who Blake acquires as long as it’s 2 years or less. This feels like a Lias Andersson type of hope trade but Jeannot is a pending UFA so he will not handcuff the next GM when he takes over in a year or two. It sucks that we had to overpay with a 2nd but that’s the Blake tax unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay