Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Perception really matters. Similar to the PLD situation, Tampa traded so much for Jeannot that he was never going to live up to his expectations.

We moved a second for Lias Andersson… Jeannot doesn’t need to be a first line player, he just needs to hit hard and chip in on our middle six for this to be a successful trade.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Perception really matters. Similar to the PLD situation, Tampa traded so much for Jeannot that he was never going to live up to his expectations.

We moved a second for Lias Andersson… Jeannot doesn’t need to be a first line player, he just needs to hit hard and chip in on our middle six for this to be a successful trade.
This is a fair take.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I'm just hoping he brings some physicality to the Kings....some piss & vinegar. I'm not expected goals or anything. Preferably he's on the 4th line with Thomas as C and another big, tougher, grit guy. I don't care about goals and wins -- i just am tired of being bullied all game/season and playing like girls.

I do think we slightly overpaid, but that's seemingly Blake's MO now. Plus, we're a bit desperate for size/grit/toughness.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings have been way too easy to play against. And the playoffs prove that especially the Panthers and Oilers are tough teams while the Kings have “leaders” like Kopitar who doesn’t stand up for anyone.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This is a fair take.

good-trade.gif

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Jeannot and Burroughs so far.

Blake got the memo.
Jeannot is the upgrade on Grundstrom

Burroughs on Moverare.

filling in grit was one of the keys this season and we had a good start

liking it less now that i realize Tanner is only signed for one more year. Hopefully they can work an extension. I think a 2nd or maybe just a 3rd is more the right value...not a 2nd & 4th. Especially since our 2nd next year might be really good (top 40-50).
Nothing wrong with getting a player in their contract year. Go out and prove your worth. If he’s doing good and we’re not in the playoff hunt, we’ll get a nice return at trade deadline.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
What a waste of a morning, Bad asset management with that second round pick. Then we trade a second and fourth for a player that we should have been paid 44 taking them especially if there's no Money retain. So much optimism yesterday and then today all this happens

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Might be a slight overpay but the Kings desperately needed a forward like this and a $2.65m cap hit is still likely really good value for Jeannot. Ideally he won't be too hard to resign if he clicks with the team.

Not expecting him to score like that 1 year in NASH but if he can chip in offensively and provide some grit that's worth the 2nd & 4th IMO.

Kings still have decent cap space to work with - Will be interesting to see how this roster fills out

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00