1. Liam Greentree, RW (73%)
2. Koehn Ziemmer, RW (54.5%)
3. Hampton Slukynsky, G (35%)
4. Akil Thomas, C (51.5%)
5. Erik Portillo, G (43.6%)
6. Kirill Kirsanov, LD (50%)
7. Carter George, G (60.6%)

"Prospect Roster"
Greentree (1) - Thomas (4) - Ziemmer (2)
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
F

Kirsanov (6) - D
D - D
D - D
D - D

Slukynsky (3)
Portillo (5)
George (7)

If you are unfamiliar with how things go:

- I will begin with a list of 10 prospects who may not align perfectly with my exact top-10 list, but ones where I think there's more interest and enthusiasm.

- Your votes will be public, and you get one vote in the poll

- You are encouraged to mention who should go on the list next

- I won't vote on any of them, except if it's needed as a tiebreaker

- As always, discussion is half the fun, so feel free to talk it out.

- Feel free to use any criteria you want. It's your vote after all. Some general factors others have used: NHL readiness, upside, role, likelihood to make the NHL, tradability value, or any combination of the above factors.

- I'll start with 48-hour long polls, I'll eventually reduce it to 24 hours as the discussions and participation/voting decreases

- The criteria I am using for this particular poll is Calder Trophy eligibility. Please note there are plenty of other different criteria which can be used (ie, under 23, < 50 games played, etc). The list of those eligible to add will be at the bottom. Now, this criteria may be very strict and make the team look worse due to younger players who no longer match the criteria... but this is what I always use, and will stick with it due to continuity. These are the requirements for Calder Trophy eligibility:

1. Must be under 26 years old by September 15

2. Cannot have played more than 25 games in a single season OR at least 6 games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league

The following players were removed from last year's list last year due to making these criteria or no longer being part of the system:

Clarke, Brandt - D (Games Played)
Doyle, Braden - D (Not Signed)
Fagemo, Samuel - F (Games Played)
Laferriere, Alex - F (Games Played)
Markkanen, Juho - G (Not Signed)
Meehan, Ben - D (Not Signed)
Moverare, Jacob - D (Games Played)
Nousiainen, Kim - D (Not Signed)
Simontaival, Kasper - F (Not Signed)
Turcotte, Alex - F (Games Played)
Ward, Taylor - F (Age)

Here is the list of prospects eligible to be added (sorted alphabetically by last name).

Booth, Angus - LD
Hughes, Jack - C
Krygier, Cole - LD
Lawrence, Kaleb - LW
Madden, Tyler - C
Reeder, James - RW
Salin, Otto - RD
Sparkes, Jack - RD
Shafigullin, Bulat - LW
Woolley, Jared - LD

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
i wanted to pick Pinelli, but he's done nothing the past 12 months to merit it. I still have high hopes for the dude -- time is running thin though. But that seems to be the normal storyline for most of the recent Kings prospects.
I am also on the Pinelli train

I remember reading or hearing Yanetti saying that he takes some time to adjust to each new level and they expect him big things from him this season

(Fingers crossed)

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
1722286633374.png

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
i wanted to pick Pinelli, but he's done nothing the past 12 months to merit it. I still have high hopes for the dude -- time is running thin though. But that seems to be the normal storyline for most of the recent Kings prospects.

Thus, I went Dvorak this round instead.
I’d love a gigantic plate of crow to eat, but the Pinelli pick was mediocre from the beginning.

Never understand the kings brass obsession with picking vanilla players with such high picks, regardless of where they were “ranked”.

Let someone else make that mistake.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I’d love a gigantic plate of crow to eat, but the Pinelli pick was mediocre from the beginning.

Never understand the kings brass obsession with picking vanilla players with such high picks, regardless of where they were “ranked”.

Pinelli looked really good his last year in Kitchner. He put up 90 points on a team with no one really helping him, he was a leader on the ice, and was looking like a great pick and... the skill just never translated to the next level when he hit Ontario.

But it was his rookie season and we've seen dips in production before from kids in that situation. I'd give him another year and see if he find his scoring touch again.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I have generally been very meh about Pinelli. I think it's cool and showed commitment when he went to Slovenia his draft year because of the OHL shutdown, but he's since, in my opinion, not shown a lot as far as standout skills.

Could be that he is just a late bloomer, or that he does better when more is expected of him. But I've had a harder time mustering up enthusiasm when I watch him play. That could just be me though.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I have generally been very meh about Pinelli. I think it's cool and showed commitment when he went to Slovenia his draft year because of the OHL shutdown, but he's since, in my opinion, not shown a lot as far as standout skills.

Could be that he is just a late bloomer, or that he does better when more is expected of him. But I've had a harder time mustering up enthusiasm when I watch him play. That could just be me though.
Personally I'm not big on good Forwards going to the AHL its become and old man's league full of has beens and never-will-be's...would have liked to see Pinelli and guys like Chromiak go over to Slovakia,Finland or other Leagues other than the AHL and then after 2-3 years come over and play in the AHL to see if they can hack it...rather than be spare parts..3rd-4th liners

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Dvorak leads this next tier of guys.
add Lawrence...
Was hoping to see Dvorak play in Swift Current but I think the Kings brass want to fast forward him since we lack Size on the Blueline...hopefully turning him Pro in the AHL at 19 doesn't ruin him...its been quite awhile since the Kings developed a decent to good D-man outside of Durzi and Spence

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Just curious but has anyone seen all of our Prospects play extensively...just wondering,cause I've seen a few
I don't/can't watch nearly as much as I want to. But I probably watch more Kings prospects than I do actual Kings games at this point, especially these last few years. My issue is I work at 6am CST now so staying up until 9:05 pm PST to watch the Kings is rough.

The CHL has an app for streaming and most if not all games are streamed, plus being in Minnesota we get a bunch of random NCAA games on TV here during the weekends.

So I catch a fair bit of Kings prospects games just watching games I'd be watching anyway.

I actually lucked into watching Slukynsky a handful of games while he was in high school at Warroad just from going to local games with people and then the State Tournament being broadcast on TV here in MN.

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
C
I don't/can't watch nearly as much as I want to. But I probably watch more Kings prospects than I do actual Kings games at this point, especially these last few years. My issue is I work at 6am CST now so staying up until 9:05 pm PST to watch the Kings is rough.

The CHL has an app for streaming and most if not all games are streamed, plus being in Minnesota we get a bunch of random NCAA games on TV here during the weekends.

So I catch a fair bit of Kings prospects games just watching games I'd be watching anyway.

I actually lucked into watching Slukynsky a handful of games while he was in high school at Warroad just from going to local games with people and then the State Tournament being broadcast on TV here in MN.
cool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad