Kevyn Adams GM thread

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
What can you do at this point?

I don't want players who want to be here. I want players who hate losing. Players who DONT want to be here. Players who want to be here are ok with losing.
You have to make a deliberate and drastic organizational change to earn credibility. The organization needs to be whitewashed and rebuilt. Grifting losers like adams, jakubowski, Crowe, nightingale, forton, etc sent packing

It's clear it is not working. Pegula and adams have some notion that success is inevitable and long as they communicate and stick with the plan. It's the same inept franchise as when adams took over.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

If only someone, somewhere could have known this was a problem. But who could have possibly seen it coming?

Oh well.

Well, we were shouting on this board that we needed a top 6 forward. And we lost Mitts and Skinner, who were still producing decent results.

Top 6 forward, top 4 RD, none of that. f***, Fitzgerald managed to sign Hamilton during that time, trade for Marino, trade Marino, sign Pesce. What did Adams do? Nothing.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Is it too late to ask Buffalo Bandits GM Steve Dietrich if he can pull a double and do the same duties for the Sabres?

That may be a joke question(as I have no idea of his hockey knowledge), but underneath it is some seriousness. Chugger(as he was also known)has quietly helped to build the Bandits into arguably the top team in the NLL. He's not afraid to make trades to improve the team, and the team's drafting ability is pretty dog gone good.

What can you do at this point?

I don't want players who want to be here. I want players who hate losing. Players who DONT want to be here. Players who want to be here are ok with losing.
You have to make a deliberate and drastic organizational change to earn credibility. The organization needs to be whitewashed and rebuilt. Grifting losers like adams, jakubowski, Crowe, nightingale, forton, etc sent packing

It's clear it is not working. Pegula and adams have some notion that success is inevitable and long as they communicate and stick with the plan. It's the same inept franchise as when adams took over.
What can you do? PLENTY.

To begin with: STOP going to games. STOP spending your money for food & beverages. STOP watching or listening to the games. IF enough people do this, Pegs WILL get the message loud and clear. Fans that DO go need to take a page out of the Oakland A's fans' playbook and start chanting "SELL THE TEAM!" during every game-even if security gives them the bum's rush.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Is it too late to ask Buffalo Bandits GM Steve Dietrich if he can pull a double and do the same duties for the Sabres?

That may be a joke question(as I have no idea of his hockey knowledge), but underneath it is some seriousness. Chugger(as he was also known)has quietly helped to build the Bandits into arguably the top team in the NLL. He's not afraid to make trades to improve the team, and the team's drafting ability is pretty dog gone good.
Also his franchise Alum coach has brought a championship to Buffalo…

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

What can you do? PLENTY.

To begin with: STOP going to games. STOP spending your money for food & beverages. STOP watching or listening to the games. IF enough people do this, Pegs WILL get the message loud and clear. Fans that DO go need to take a page out of the Oakland A's fans' playbook and start chanting "SELL THE TEAM!" during every game-even if security gives them the bum's rush.
Yeah, give him an excuse to move the team when lease is up in three years

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah, give him an excuse to move the team when lease is up in three years

I’m not going to be blackmailed by the worst owner in nhl history so that he can invest my money into his super yachts while he awaits payouts from expansion that he doesn’t have to split with players.

This is a grift. This man is a grifter. Adams is his smiling puppet who has to take the heat and then repeat the same process of failure. f*** him. Move the f***ing thing. Let the world see him for what he is. Kevyn will be right there to smile at that presser too.

I’ll take my chances that the NHL, who wouldn’t let them leave during bankruptcy, will give us an expansion team somewhere in their upcoming multiple team expansion process. The tv ratings, the location closest to Toronto with people they can legally put a team…they’ll come back. Without this ownership? f***ing let’s go.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I’m not going to be blackmailed by the worst owner in nhl history so that he can invest my money into his super yachts while he awaits payouts from expansion that he doesn’t have to split with players.

This is a grift. This man is a grifter. Adams is his smiling puppet who has to take the heat and then repeat the same process of failure. f*** him. Move the f***ing thing. Let the world see him for what he is. Kevyn will be right there to smile at that presser too.

I’ll take my chances that the NHL, who wouldn’t let them leave during bankruptcy, will give us an expansion team somewhere in their upcoming multiple team expansion process. The tv ratings, the location closest to Toronto with people they can legally put a team…they’ll come back. Without this ownership? f***ing let’s go.
Erie County will give him an upgraded rink. It's a given. But Buffalo ever lost the Sabres, it would never get an expansion team. Pegula has fundamentally damaged market.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

If only someone, somewhere could have known this was a problem. But who could have possibly seen it coming?

Oh well.

I criticized the moves and took heat from other posters. They even claiming no one was available so its not Adams fault. Accepting mediocre as a sabres fan has become a way of life. We traded a 2nd for a guy who plays 6 minutes.

St Louis traded a 2nd for Buchnevich.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I criticized the moves and took heat from other posters. They even claiming no one was available so its not Adams fault. Accepting mediocre as a sabres fan has become a way of life. We traded a 2nd for a guy who plays 6 minutes.

St Louis traded a 2nd for Buchnevich.
Adams made many mistakes to put himself in this position and deserves zero sympathy but the unfortunate reality is there is really no way out. The type of top 6 vet forward we need is virtually impossible to acquire because those guys have NTC and we are on every single list in the league. If he was to try a massive shakeup trade like trading Cozens or Power the absolute best you could do is get another teams version of those players and even that would be very unlikely. You would likely end up with a guy who absolutely does not want to be here (like Berglund) as we are the Devil's Island of hockey. And if a guy wasn't panning out as hoped in a real NHL organization why would you figure he figures it out on one of the worst in the history of the sport?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad