Kevyn Adams GM thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
i'm probably gonna get roasted for saying this, but i like what GMKA has done so far. the team doesn't need top 6 talent. it's already here. an actual competitive nhl bottom 6 will do wonders–we're making the playoffs next year if that bunch is even marginally above average.

no denying that the verdict is still out, but nonetheless.......
Agreed. I feel Lindy will get the most of these guys.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I thought he had a great day. He improved the depth like many wanted. IMO none of the guys available today are worth the money they got.

I feel many here wanted Adams to get some big name for the sake of getting some big name.
You don't think it's because Krebs is at 3c and they need a top 6 winger?

Because the roster isn't good enough when perfectly healthy let alone when injuries start?

Because this is his 5th offseason and he still hasn't made a futures for player trade?

Because they have too many prospects and they can't all stay?

None of those. Just for the sake of it?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

Because the roster isn't good enough when perfectly healthy let alone when injuries start?

Because this is his 5th offseason and he still hasn't made a futures for player trade?

He traded futures for Greenway, Malenstyn, Stillman.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario

Name me a team that is good when injuries happen?
It's only the first day of free agency. They aren't signing those guys you desperately want.
There will be trades from those teams that are now cap strapped due to overspending on guys that most likely will do nothing.

Who was available today that fixes the 3C or top 6 winger?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

what player(s) was he supposed to trade for?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
This is such a dumb argument. He’s added two significant players as a buyer in 5 years. They were both in the summer of 2020.

Go through 4 years of big trades and pick one.
what players would have made a difference in terms of cup vs no cup?

this team has not been close to 'we just need a big name to push us over the top' in that entire timespan.

so fine, call my point dumb. but your point is equally as dumb (if not more dumb) when you take 5 seconds to think about how what you wanted to happen in fantasy would have actually played out in reality

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Name me a team that is good when injuries happen?
It's only the first day of free agency. They aren't signing those guys you desperately want.
There will be trades from those teams that are now cap strapped due to overspending on guys that most likely will do nothing.

Who was available today that fixes the 3C or top 6 winger?
Fla, Col, VGK TBL, TBL

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I still dont understand the Skinner buyout.

I thought it was being done to bring in Ehlers or Necas.

Now it just seems baffling

Reactions: Fjordy

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
At this year's tdl KA was a seller. An admission his team that he put together wasn't good enough. The team of extensions to TT and Cozens and Power wasn't good enough. He sold the only true C on the roster to acquire a redundant D of no notable distinction because he did not want 3 centers at 7mm aav.

He ends the season on a rant that the team wasn't good enough. Steps will ne taken. He fires the coach, that he extended for no obvious reason, conducts no search because " he had the type of coach " in mind. Turns out the type of coach was one being paid by another NHL team with nostalgia value in the local market. Said coach is nut allowed to clean house of assistants and is handed a staff largely under contract in one form or another.

He an new coach state they will be harder to play against.
Announces they will be willing to trade a first round pick for the right deal. Announces that a veteran with suspect 200 ft game skills will be bought out.

Hmmm...if you are willing to buyout a contract why nor keep your only true C? But I digress.

He trades down to acquire an additional pick to be used to address the hole made by trading their 2C or the seemingly imminent top 6 w buyout. No it is traded for a 4th RFA, that you could have offer sheeted w/o comp and effectively handed a team that finished ahead of you. A free middle 6 w addition.

You get the guy you targeted at 3 spots lower. Kudos. But no mention of moving up..hmmm

On to FA as nothing of substance acquired in the draft will address "being tougher to play against" this year. After 34 picks in the previous 4 years and no space in the AHL or NHL for all the bodies, there are no trades of significance. You stand pat. You buy out a 50 60 point player to save cap. You add bottom line players to replace the bottom line players you jettisoned for roughly the same cost and sign a declining bottom 6 w to replace the one you bought. No 2C no 3C.

By all accounts the acquisitions are younger and faster. Kudos. But they will be playing 10 12 minutes a night.

But let us return to the top. You didn't add at the deadline bc you KNEW your top players weren't good enough. Not even with a short term acquisition to bolster them. They were nit good enough.

And after the dust settles after the first week, you say how you love the group and explain how hard it is to do your job?

Bitch please, spare us. You are from WNY and know it gets cold. But you are from Clarence and know how lovely the area is and how far a dollar goes and you can't sell someone on the charms of the area?

I am sure everyone on this board has a hard job. But most seem forthright and honest. Do what you must but don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

So the top teams in the league got it.
No the top 16

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
At this year's tdl KA was a seller. An admission his team that he put together wasn't good enough. The team of extensions to TT and Cozens and Power wasn't good enough. He sold the only true C on the roster to acquire a redundant D of no notable distinction because he did not want 3 centers at 7mm aav.

He ends the season on a rant that the team wasn't good enough. Steps will ne taken. He fires the coach, that he extended for no obvious reason, conducts no search because " he had the type of coach " in mind. Turns out the type of coach was one being paid by another NHL team with nostalgia value in the local market. Said coach is nut allowed to clean house of assistants and is handed a staff largely under contract in one form or another.

He an new coach state they will be harder to play against.
Announces they will be willing to trade a first round pick for the right deal. Announces that a veteran with suspect 200 ft game skills will be bought out.

Hmmm...if you are willing to buyout a contract why nor keep your only true C? But I digress.

He trades down to acquire an additional pick to be used to address the hole made by trading their 2C or the seemingly imminent top 6 w buyout. No it is traded for a 4th RFA, that you could have offer sheeted w/o comp and effectively handed a team that finished ahead of you. A free middle 6 w addition.

You get the guy you targeted at 3 spots lower. Kudos. But no mention of moving up..hmmm

On to FA as nothing of substance acquired in the draft will address "being tougher to play against" this year. After 34 picks in the previous 4 years and no space in the AHL or NHL for all the bodies, there are no trades of significance. You stand pat. You buy out a 50 60 point player to save cap. You add bottom line players to replace the bottom line players you jettisoned for roughly the same cost and sign a declining bottom 6 w to replace the one you bought. No 2C no 3C.

By all accounts the acquisitions are younger and faster. Kudos. But they will be playing 10 12 minutes a night.

But let us return to the top. You didn't add at the deadline bc you KNEW your top players weren't good enough. Not even with a short term acquisition to bolster them. They were nit good enough.

And after the dust settles after the first week, you say how you love the group and explain how hard it is to do your job?

Bitch please, spare us. You are from WNY and know it gets cold. But you are from Clarence and know how lovely the area is and how far a dollar goes and you can't sell someone on the charms of the area?

I am sure everyone on this board has a hard job. But most seem forthright and honest. Do what you must but don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

No the top 16

Nothing says abject failure like selling off *checks notes* Devin Cooley, Erik Johnson, and Kyle Okposo.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
People praising Adams for going out and doing the absolute minimum of fielding an actual NHL 4th line.

This team has done nothing yet except the bare minimum..

Far cry from the Adams speech after the Granato firing.

Seems like it was all lip service.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad