Kevyn Adams GM thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
So, his plan turned out to be:
Stand pat. Sign a few washed up non entities. Hide behind Lindy Ruff.
You do realize that buffalo has good top 6 talent but needs help in bottom 6.

Likely will say bring in top talent as nf thus pushes players down....but the 4yh line on teams is not like the tu op 3 or top 4 lines.

They seemed to address this.

Let's see if they make trades for others like a 3C and RD

Maybe they trade Krebs snf Joker for a 3C and promote RyJo.

Reactions: Jage

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Who is the playmaker in the top 6? I remain unconvinced Cozens is even a C. Please list out the 4 wingers you think are definitely in this year's top 6. One injury and they have no one to replace anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fjordy

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Likely will say bring in top talent as nf thus pushes players down....but the 4yh line on teams is not like the tu op 3 or top 4 lines.

They seemed to address this.

Let's see if they make trades for others like a 3C and RD

Maybe they trade Krebs snf Joker for a 3C and promote RyJo.
The Sabres top 6 is essentially nothing but empty calories.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The Sabres top 6 is essentially nothing but empty calories.
That's a bit much, I'm not expecting a one-handed Tage this season, Quinn can be a 200' game changer, JJP, Cozens, Benson all have more to come...Tuch will hopefully have his head on straight.

4th line looks fantastic...its the Zucker-Krebs-Greenway wildcard line we have no idea about really.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
giphy.gif

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
That's a bit much, I'm not expecting a one-handed Tage this season, Quinn can be a 200' game changer, JJP, Cozens, Benson all have more to come...Tuch will hopefully have his head on straight.

4th line looks fantastic...its the Zucker-Krebs-Greenway wildcard line we have no idea about really.
Tuch and Tage looked a lot better when Skinner was moved in favor of JJP. I think a big factor will be Tage, and how he starts the season. He started out slow the past 2 seasons and they really need him to be consistent out of the gate. Hopefully Quinn can stay healthy also, that would be a big plus.

I also agree with other posters that depth is a concern as guys like Krebs aren't going to cut it in the top 6 if there's an injury. Maybe Zucker can, but we will have to see.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Tuch and Tage looked a lot better when Skinner was moved in favor of JJP. I think a big factor will be Tage, and how he starts the season. He started out slow the past 2 seasons and they really need him to be consistent out of the gate. Hopefully Quinn can stay healthy also, that would be a big plus.

I also agree with other posters that depth is a concern as guys like Krebs aren't going to cut it in the top 6 if there's an injury. Maybe Zucker can, but we will have to see.
Krebs doesn't cut it as 3c.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I'm scared that, unless something worthwhile happens over the summer, that KA will make some stupid moves at the trade deadline in a futile effort to save his job.

:help:

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario

Hate to break it to you but most teams have the same problems.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
If Kevyn is as done and satisfied as he sounded, I will be tuning out except to come back and laugh at the clown when he is fired next year.

He is once again, SUPER REASONABLY CLOSE to a solid and respectable roster with all roles adequately filled and with depth, and he might once again be thrilled to fall short of those bars and let the season circle the drain directly because of that

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If Kevyn is as done and satisfied as he sounded, I will be tuning out except to come back and laugh at the clown when he is fired next year.

He is once again, SUPER REASONABLY CLOSE to a solid and respectable roster with all roles adequately filled and with depth, and he might once again be thrilled to fall short of those bars and let the season circle the drain directly because of that
I would like to believe he knows he failed miserably and has no idea how to make the moves he needed to make and is putting out bullshit for public consumption/spin instead of admiting the truth.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I would like to believe he knows he failed miserably and has no idea how to make the moves he needed to make and is putting out bullshit for public consumption/spin instead of admiting the truth.
If that's the case I'd like to think he would step down from his position and let someone else try

Terry can make him president because God knows he won't get rid of him. Let someone else f***ing try to build a roster

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i'm probably gonna get roasted for saying this, but i like what GMKA has done so far. the team doesn't need top 6 talent. it's already here. an actual competitive nhl bottom 6 will do wonders–we're making the playoffs next year if that bunch is even marginally above average.

no denying that the verdict is still out, but nonetheless.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad