Prospect Info: Kevin Korchinski, 7th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Rinzel gonna be that dude...Hawks have a nice core developing, you can only hope that someone like Korchinski retains his value and they don't end up in a Reichel situation where he's more valuable to us than others because of where he was selected

He’s come such a long way. I watched him a ton in the USHL. I think Rinzel has big time upside. His defensive game has really come together.

Korch trade is a surefire win if you take Minty (who I had as the best d-man available)

Nobody cares about your board, I promise.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He’s come such a long way. I watched him a ton in the USHL. I think Rinzel has big time upside. His defensive game has really come together.

Nobody cares about your board, I promise.
Rinzel just seems to project so well, Seabrook type...Rangey, smooth skater for his size, solid offensive upside, median outcome 2nd pair RHD with upside for more

Reactions: HawksDub89

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
IF he's traded I'd rather it be to move up in the draft rather than take on some other team's prospect with a high draft pedigree not trending well.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
He's 20 years old.

For comparison's sake, Forsling was 23 years old when he was traded by the Blackhawks, and 24 when he was waived by Carolina. He was 25 when he started with Florida and 26 when he actually became legit.

Duncan Keith was 23 when he played his first NHL season, and was 25 when he actually started playing WELL in the NHL.

I'm not saying KK is going to turn into either guy, but can we please give these kids time to prove they're busts or stars instead of proclaiming them as such way too early?

This goes for every Blackhawks prospect. It is crazy how fast people want to see these guys be difference makers in the NHL, and it's just not that realistic. That's why rebuilds take time.

Well said hermano

Reactions: dj Mahoney

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
He's 20 years old.

For comparison's sake, Forsling was 23 years old when he was traded by the Blackhawks, and 24 when he was waived by Carolina. He was 25 when he started with Florida and 26 when he actually became legit.

Duncan Keith was 23 when he played his first NHL season, and was 25 when he actually started playing WELL in the NHL.

I'm not saying KK is going to turn into either guy, but can we please give these kids time to prove they're busts or stars instead of proclaiming them as such way too early?

This goes for every Blackhawks prospect. It is crazy how fast people want to see these guys be difference makers in the NHL, and it's just not that realistic. That's why rebuilds take time.

Yep. This is the way.

You're not drafting players for what they'll do at 20. You're drafting them what you believe they can do at 22-32/33/34.

Korch is still so young and unfortunately, he got f***ed by management last year refusing to send him back to the WHL when he clearly wasn't ready for the NHL. It's probably going to take some time for him to regain the confidence that made him arguably the best transition D in the 2022 draft.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Korch is still so young and unfortunately, he got f***ed by management last year refusing to send him back to the WHL when he clearly wasn't ready for the NHL. It's probably going to take some time for him to regain the confidence that made him arguably the best transition D in the 2022 draft.
I still can't believe they did that

It was a classic Stanley move

Never thought KD would do something like that

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Rinzel just seems to project so well, Seabrook type...Rangey, smooth skater for his size, solid offensive upside, median outcome 2nd pair RHD with upside for more

The Seabs comp is interesting. Rinzel is a better skater but I could see the same type of projection for sure.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I still can't believe they did that

It was a classic Stanley move

Never thought KD would do something like that

It was mind-numbing. I've beaten it to death on this board but I'll never understand it and I guarantee they'll never do it again. It was so clearly the wrong move. And I'm tired of the "well, they couldn't send him to the AHL" excuse as if that's a reason to keep a kid who's getting hemmed in and dummied every night in the NHL up all year. Like oh no, he would have gone back to the WHL, been the best D in the league and been Canada's #1 D on their WJ team? That would have been awful. Definitely keeping him in the NHL was more beneficial for his development.

Ad

Ad

Ad