Salary Cap: #KesselWatch2015: Now with 100% less Saad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
1) it does? The Toronto Media at work!

2) We haven't really thought about what we'd move for him. Didn't know he was available. Is Pitt interested?

To answer #2, sort of, but not really

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
1) it does? The Toronto Media at work!

2) We haven't really thought about what we'd move for him. Didn't know he was available. Is Pitt interested?

Give it to me straight IC. In your opinion, what percentage would you give it that we still acquire Kessel? And what was your percentage at the beginning of today? I'm assuming it's between now and noon tomorrow or bust for Kessel. We can't afford to let free agents fly off the board whilst doing nothing. (though I'm not really all that interested in any of them)

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
When can UFAs sign, midnight or noon?

Noon, but who needs UFAs when you can have this

kessel-cookie-monster.jpg

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Give it to me straight IC. In your opinion, what percentage would you give it that we still acquire Kessel? And what was your percentage at the beginning of today? I'm assuming it's between now and noon tomorrow or bust for Kessel. We can't afford to let free agents fly off the board whilst doing nothing. (though I'm not really all that interested in any of them)

I refuse to do percentages, because it's impossible and people take them way too seriously, and the last percentage i posted became a pinup girl.

I will just say: Nothing has changed, as far as I know. The Penguins will not let trade talks get in the way of FA>

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I refuse to do percentages, because it's impossible and people take them way too seriously, and the last percentage i posted became a pinup girl.

I will just say: Nothing has changed, as far as I know. The Penguins will not let trade talks get in the way of FA>

I'm 101% sure you're exaggerating things. :popcorn:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
O Kessel, Kessel! Wherefore art thou Kessel? Deny thy GM and refuse thy team. Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my entertainment. And I'll no longer be a Pens fan.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Just sign Semin and be done with it. Ideally sign Frolik if it's reasonable. Dump Kunitz and Sutter for young guys/futures and move on.

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Frolik - Malkin - Semin

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
The Kessel GIFs at the end of the prior thread were priceless. Especially the one with the yawning gape and the cheeseburgers floating into his yap. :laugh:

This entire forum needs counselling... and that's why I love you.

Also don't hate Bowman and the Hawks too much; I think Sweeney got to him last night or something. Contaminated him. It's the only explanation. Why they didn't just take a salary dump trade for Sharp and say "we're going to pay this kid around 6M per and be happy with it" I have no idea. You don't get rid of 22 year old players of that quality. I mean **** it's not like he's pulling a Ryan O'Reilly or something.
eep them strong down the middle when Sharp goes.

The same reason the Hawks dump Versteeg every offseason, then trade for him every deadline.

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
Just sign Semin and be done with it. Ideally sign Frolik if it's reasonable. Dump Kunitz and Sutter for young guys/futures and move on.

Frolik - Malkin - Semin

If we can't get Kessel, we should get Oshie or leverage Edmonton wanting Sutter and add to get a top 6 winger. Maybe we package enough to get Eberle ;)

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Frolik - Malkin - Semin

Is there anyone home with you?

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012

Frolik - Malkin - Semin

That top 6 isn't too bad, it could be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad