Value of: Kessel to the Leafs at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think upgrading our top 6/9 is a good idea, I don't really care who it is, they just happen to be available so they are options.

But it could be Rakell if the Ducks fall off, or Giroux if Philadelphia struggles, or Paul Statsny, Joe Pavelski I really don't care who it is.

I just think if you want to go on a run and get by Florida and/or Tampa you need 1 more guy up front
I have no issues at all with the team trying to get better but certainly not at any cost and after upgrading Holl.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The Arizona Coyotes are an absolute garbage fire. He has 25g 40a 65pts in his last 86gp (these two seasons combined), with them. He never misses a hockey game (ever). He’s got a 3.4aav cap-hit. I should be asking for Knies.

You could ask for Matthews doesn’t mean you’re getting him. Second we don’t need him. Marner, Nylander and Kase are all great. Kessel is a talented no doubt but he would want to play on the top two lines and neither Nylander or Marner are coming out of that position. Second he doesn’t play defence and that is a problem especially on our team which is getting out of its bad habits.

I suspect you will get a second for him but not much more.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
You could ask for Matthews doesn’t mean you’re getting him. Second we don’t need him. Marner, Nylander and Kase are all great. Kessel is a talented no doubt but he would want to play on the top two lines and neither Nylander or Marner are coming out of that position. Second he doesn’t play defence and that is a problem especially on our team which is getting out of its bad habits.

I suspect you will get a second for him but not much more.
I promise Arizona doesn’t care about your depth chart.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
You’re doing a good job despite your obviously profound cognitive limitations. I’m proud of you. Don’t give up. It’s inspiring.

Wow somebody is thin skinned. Great way to make fun of people that may be intellectually challenged.

Yes it’s amazing that somebody apparently as dim witted as myself can realize that an organization as poorly run as your has no business being in the NHL. Your own city kicked the team out of its barn, you can’t pay your bills on time and you have to take handouts from the rest of the league to survive. Oh yeah did I fail to mention your former GM circumvented the rules then buggered off to another organization.

That being said Kessel back to the TML would 99.9% never happen and if it did regardless of his price tag it wouldn’t be for one of or top prospects.

Why don’t we talk about the Cardinals a team the state actually cares about....oh sorry this is HFBOARDS. My bad my limited capacity just reared its self.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I would love to see Phil back with Toronto. And I actually do think there's a fit. Give Marner's PP time to Phil the Thrill and enjoy the show. Kessel would be fantastic on line 3, 5on5.

Switch him to LW, if you have to. Kessel-Kampf-Kasse.

That's a difference maker in a playoff series.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would love to see Phil back with Toronto. And I actually do think there's a fit. Give Marner's PP time to Phil the Thrill and enjoy the show. Kessel would be fantastic on line 3, 5on5.

Switch him to LW, if you have to. Kessel-Kampf-Kasse.

That's a difference maker in a playoff series.

That couldn't be the line for obvious reasons

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Zero chance this happens but Kessel is probably going to the east coast. One article had Burke looking at him in Pitt but more realistically the NYR , isles, red wings or caps.
Extremely unlikely to PIT. Rust and Kapanen are 1 and 2 RWs. We have a host of options for 3RW who are more defensively sound than Kessel. It's not a fit. Plus Kessel never gelled with Crosby and Malkin was fed up with Phil by the end. It only really worked when Phil played as a scoring 3RW with Bonino and Hagelin, which was lightning in a bottle then gone.

PIT has depth for days right now up front and just needs to get healthy/off the Covid lists. a 3RD and a backup G for Jarry are all we would be seeking.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Burke likes Kessel, that's the wild card factor. The PP has struggled and Kessel would help that although Erod has been better .
The depth you speak of is largely erased by a good defensive team.. see NYI...having zucker play on the 2nd or 3rd line isn't going to cut it at crunch time.
Kessel may not be the best option for help but is an option obviously as per the article .
What is lacking is grit and physical play. This is the softest team in the NHL and while it works in the reg season we have seen how well it works come playoff time.
Needs.
3rd pair D with size and grit
Veteran backup goalie
Power scoring forward type

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad