Value of: Kessel to the Leafs at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
He’d waive his NMC for literally any playoff team. He’s rotting on a team that’s actively trying to lose. He’s a pending UFA. He wants to have some control over his final contract.
I think the Isles need him more than TOR

wonder where he'll end up next year

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Assuming he'd be willing to waive to come back and I'm not sure he would what would the asset cost be? and yes it goes without saying 50% will be retained

can you be traded back to team that already has cap retention on that player

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Zero chance this happens but Kessel is probably going to the east coast. One article had Burke looking at him in Pitt but more realistically the NYR , isles, red wings or caps.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yes, I know you believe that.
It doesn't make it true and I don't think anyone else thinks the same as you do.

There is nobody that watches this team consistently that is totally satisfied with our depth on the wing because there is no way you can look at Bunting Kerfoot, Engvall Ritchie and Engvall andthink to yourself "that left side is good enough."

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There is nobody that watches this team consistently that is totally satisfied with our depth on the wing because there is no way you can look at Bunting Kerfoot, Engvall Ritchie and Engvall andthink to yourself "that left side is good enough."
Bunting and Kerfoot are fine and the rest aren't top 6 anyway.
Doesn't Kessel play on the right side? You said the top 6 isn't good enough, who is Kessel replacing in the top 6?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bunting and Kerfoot are fine and the rest aren't top 6 anyway.
Doesn't Kessel play on the right side? You said the top 6 isn't good enough, who is Kessel replacing in the top 6?

Pretty sure Kessel has played some LW since leaving Toronto but regardless of that even at 34 you can't convince me he's not an upgrade on Ritchie,Engvall, Mikyehev etc.

To answer your question I'd have him bump down Kerfoot, because Kerfoot can play in the top 6
So imagine what he could do against lower competition.

If you have top 6 caliber players on your 3rd line you are looking good why do you think Tampa has the last 2 cups? one of the reasons is because they had at least 1 guy capable of being in the top 6 on the 3rd line.

Chances are Toronto will need to go through at least 1 , possibly both of Tampa or Florida so yeah I want 1 more top 6 forward.

It doesn't have to be Kessel, in fact I'm not sure It can because we are already retaining on him but yes a top 6 forward is absolutely a current need.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Pretty sure Kessel has played some LW since leaving Toronto but regardless of that even at 34 you can't convince me he's not an upgrade on Ritchie,Engvall, Mikyehev etc.

To answer your question I'd have him bump down Kerfoot, because Kerfoot can play in the top 6
So imagine what he could do against lower competition.

If you have top 6 caliber players on your 3rd line you are looking good why do you think Tampa has the last 2 cups? one of the reasons is because they had at least 1 guy capable of being in the top 6 on the 3rd line.

Chances are Toronto will need to go through at least 1 , possibly both of Tampa or Florida so yeah I want 1 more top 6 forward.

It doesn't have to be Kessel, in fact I'm not sure It can because we are already retaining on him but yes a top 6 forward is absolutely a current need.
Can't say I agree with any of that. Not sure any Leaf fans would. I'd start a thread on our board to see what the thoughts are but for some reason I no longer have the create thread button.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Can't say I agree with any of that. Not sure any Leaf fans would. I'd start a thread on our board to see what the thoughts are but for some reason I no longer have the create thread button.

I don't see how you could disagree with that all you have to do is look at Tampa the last 2 years to prove my point or Pittsburgh in 2016 and 2017 with the HBK line

Cup winners will almost always have at least 1 top 6 caliber player on the 3rd line

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I don't see how you could disagree with that all you have to do is look at Tampa the last 2 years to prove my point or Pittsburgh in 2016 and 2017 with the HBK line

Cup winners will almost always have at least 1 top 6 caliber player on the 3rd line
Leafs have Kase. Mikheyev could also move up if needed.

I'm all for upgrading Engvall, Kessel is of no interest though.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs have Kase. Mikheyev could also move up if needed.

I'm all for upgrading Engvall, Kessel is of no interest though.

I'm not convinced Mikheyev can be that gu I know he scored twice last game but his career high in goals is 8.

Mikheyev is a useful player but capable of top 6?

Not so sure about that

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Phil wouldn't want to come here and I wouldn't want him. His no D style could undo everything that has been engrained into the players we already have.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I'm not convinced Mikheyev can be that gu I know he scored twice last game but his career high in goals is 8.

Mikheyev is a useful player but capable of top 6?

Not so sure about that
Not as a long term solution but he could certainly play a game or two and that would only be necessary if Kase was also unavailable.

Have to admit that if you think Kessel and Domi are good ideas for the Leafs we probably aren't going to agree on much.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Not as a long term solution but he could certainly play a game or two and that would only be necessary if Kase was also unavailable.

Have to admit that if you think Kessel and Domi are good ideas for the Leafs we probably aren't going to agree on much.

I think upgrading our top 6/9 is a good idea, I don't really care who it is, they just happen to be available so they are options.

But it could be Rakell if the Ducks fall off, or Giroux if Philadelphia struggles, or Paul Statsny, Joe Pavelski I really don't care who it is.

I just think if you want to go on a run and get by Florida and/or Tampa you need 1 more guy up front

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad