Value of: Kessel to the Leafs at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The 3rd line is set up like a checking line and the top two right wingers are Nylander and Marner who have played very little at LW in the NHL. Seems to be a poor fit.

3C stands out to me as an area of concern going into the playoffs, David Kampf has usually been a 4C before this season and brings very little offense to the position.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The 3rd line is set up like a checking line and the top two right wingers are Nylander and Marner who have played very little at LW in the NHL. Seems to be a poor fit.

3C stands out to me as an area of concern going into the playoffs, David Kampf has usually been a 4C before this season and brings very little offense to the position.

Nylander has played some LW

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Phil Kessel’s peak as a hockey player was on the HBK line with Hagelin and Bonino. Phil produces his own points and is not at all reliant on linemates. He has 65 points in his last 86gp with the dumpster fire Coyotes.

And yes, I’m aware that he’s largely a PP producer and does obviously require PP minutes to produce. But I’m saying his 5v5 production is a a fantastic bonus to any team because it’s basically freebie points. He can do it with poor linemates and suboptimal usage.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
out of all the players in the league...

literally any defensively capable player instead of kessel.

We arent in need of lazy 1 dimensional shooters.

I see this poster rehashing this dumpster fire proposal almost weekly and it shows how little analytic sense he has

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

This makes more sense.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Leafs have Marner, Nylander, and Kase as their top 3 Rw, probably top 5 deepest in the League for right wing. Don't need Kessel as much as I do like Phil.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
With 50% retention, I’d want a ‘23 2nd and a ‘24 2nd.
I am not sure if we can reacquire Kessel at 50%, we still have the 1.2 from the Pits trade on the books.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It’s be 50% of the remaining 85%, I think.
I am not sure if it breaks the only 2 retentions per contract rule, because if they see it as the 1.2, your 50% and our 50% as 3 different things then that may be an issue, if they group our 1.2+our 50% then it should be ok.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Love Phil but he probably wouldn’t even waive his NMC for Toronto. He was ran out of town when he was here then went on to win 2 cups.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
The Arizona Coyotes are an absolute garbage fire. He has 25g 40a 65pts in his last 86gp (these two seasons combined), with them. He never misses a hockey game (ever). He’s got a 3.4aav cap-hit. I should be asking for Knies.
I'm really suspicious about what your ask are now ever since you got me to believe Dvorak was worth a 1st ++++ :laugh:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm really suspicious about what your ask are now ever since you got me to believe Dvorak was worth a 1st ++++ :laugh:
Incorrect. I asked for a single prospect drafted In the mid-first within the last 2-3 drafts. And that was with a contract dump worth approximately a negative 2nd rounder also in the deal. Such as Luke Reichel and Calvin deHaan or Erik Brannstrom and Chris Tierney or Connor Zary and Milan Lucic or Kaiden Guhle and Paul Byron. Dvorak ended up returning a 1st alone with no dump. Value was close. Only issue is the Top 10
Protection on the MTL pick and CAR being so damn good. AZ banked on that being a 12-22 pick. Ended up being like 26-32. Nobody saw that coming.

Reactions: Nowotny and banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad