Value of: Kerfoot + Dermott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
This trade is part of something larger I’m working on, but just want to gauge some opinions on this part of the trade.

if the leafs were to trade Kerfoot + Dermott to a team like Buffalo/Arizona for only pick(s) in return, how much could we get back?

this isn’t a regular cap dump since both these players are good and are on good contracts (relative to their abilities) and only cost a combined $5 million. They also both have an additional year left on their contracts.

would Buffalo/Arizona’s own 2nd work? 2nd + 3rd? or is that too much?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Why would a rebuilding team give up assets for a 27 year old Kerfoot. If anything, rebuilding teams should be selling guys like that to the Leafs.

IMO Dermott has little to no value. Turning 25, is he any better than a bottom pairing guy you can grab as a UFA for free?

Also packaging 2 not so great assets into one good asset almost never works. Maybe if you find a competing team who just happens to need to fill both those positions in their roster. Even then, they'd probably rather just give up two lesser assets and acquire those pieces separately.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
LAK/DET/ANA previously expressed interest in Dermott

I could see a team like Minnesota having interest in Kerfoot. Wouldn't rule out others either, his contract is very attractive for a middle 6 C/LW.

Reactions: banks

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
LAK/DET/ANA previously expressed interest in Dermott

I could see a team like Minnesota having interest in Kerfoot. Wouldn't rule out others either, his contract is very attractive for a middle 6 C/LW.

Minnesota wouldn't . They already have an amazing 3c and cheaper in Nico sturm. Kerfoot is a Winger or bottom c Minnesota doesn't need

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This trade is part of something larger I’m working on, but just want to gauge some opinions on this part of the trade.

if the leafs were to trade Kerfoot + Dermott to a team like Buffalo/Arizona for only pick(s) in return, how much could we get back?

this isn’t a regular cap dump since both these players are good and are on good contracts (relative to their abilities) and only cost a combined $5 million. They also both have an additional year left on their contracts.

would Buffalo/Arizona’s own 2nd work? 2nd + 3rd? or is that too much?

a low 3rd round pick? Can’t see a non playoff team having any interest in this.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I sure hope your wrong! Let me guess you put Ritchie in every trade proposal you have? Ritchie is built for playoff hockey, thats why they signed him and wont trade him at least until after this season.

No I'd rather roll with the team we have and keep on improving internally.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Minnesota wouldn't . They already have an amazing 3c and cheaper in Nico sturm. Kerfoot is a Winger or bottom c Minnesota doesn't need

Ek, Hartman and Rask are being used as the top 3 centres on the Wild right?

Currently Kerfoot has produced 11 pts in 17 GP

Which is as much as the 2 leaders on Minnesota, Hartman and Kaprizov.

EK has 8 and Rask has 1 point. Sturm has 5.

Kerfoot is also only owed 2.7M actual money next year, less than his cap hit. I would say that Minnesota would have a need/want on Kerfoot on the price based upon him being more productive than most Wild, his contract and versatility.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Kerfoot would hold more value if he was a rental, imo. As a rental with retention, I could see 2nd round+. With that extra year and no retention, I don't know. Toront would have to take something back.

Dermott seems like he's approaching the point of being on waivers. Maybe I'm wrong, can't see him being worth more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oh Travis Dermott is available?

Hold your hands up high if you want to see Kyle Turris in the blue and white.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad