Ken Holland rumored to join Utah front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
maybe he just hates his grandkids or something
Yeah I cant imagine being as old as Holland/Lou/Poile and having made the money that they did in their careers and actually wanting a job lol

These guys are very wealthy. I can not understand why you would want to be part of NHL management team in late 60s to 80s.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Yeah I cant imagine being as old as Holland/Lou/Poile and having made the money that they did in their careers and actually wanting a job lol

These guys are very wealthy. I can not understand why you would want to be part of NHL management team in late 60s to 80s.

Lots of wealthy people just wanna to wake up in the morning and go to work. Don't just wanna sit around and do nothing or play bunch of golf.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Smith is relatively new to hockey so there's a chance this a "resume" hire i.e. sees that he was the GM of multiple cup winners and his now former team just made the finals.

Wouldn't be surprised if hes going to be the liaison between Bill Armstrong & Smith.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
cleanhitshockey.com
Bill Armstrong has done a very good job, but there is little in the organization to bounce ideas off of outside of Larry Pleau. I don't mind bringing in a voice with four rings.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Some people just like to be "in the mix", if you can still do something in your old age, I guess you should just keep on doing it if it makes you happy.

That said, he's lived a pretty charmed life as a hockey exec basically being gift wrapped Yzerman-Datsyuk + Lidstrom for most of his time in Detroit and then McDavid + Draisaitl all his time in Edmonton. Hockey life is not so easy when you don't have those security blankets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad