Post-Game Talk: Keep shooting on the net until tomorrow nothing will happen... (Habs 1-3 Sharks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
He needs to change the lines badly.
Danault needs a demotion
Put KK with Tatar and Gallagher for 5-10 games. It’ won’t hurt.

Clode change his lines like twice per year, not a bad thing in our current situation, since management are slow learner they could learn a thing or two by keeping Danault on that line for a full season. A full season should be enough for them to get it, right?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Clode change his lines like twice per year, not a bad thing in our current situation, since management are slow learner they could learn a thing or two by keeping Danault on that line for a full season. A full season should be enough for them to get it, right?
To get what? That he’s just useless? Then yes

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Anyone that’s not in the NHL is projected talent....you base this on how they perform and produce at the junior levels and based on that, I see them slitting accordingly (if we had Cozens of course)
Worked out for Yakupov and Galchenyuk for sure.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Two games with over 40 shots.....outshooting the opposing team....Weber with 2 goals 1 assist in 3 games after a year off....

I’d say you heard right!!
Two losses, one win. Same record as the Habs had with Weber in the playoffs. But his mountainous aura!!

Reactions: ArtPeur

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Never watched the game but to outshoot the Sharks 40-36 and lose 3-1 is disappointing. Goes back to the goaltending. Our Achilles heel all year. Let in 3 goals on 26 shots is a goal every 8.25 shots. Or in other words a .825% save percentage. You cannot survive in this league with netminding in the 800s. Even 910s is bad. At some point Habs need to look for a goslie

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I've watched only two periods. San Jose smothered us with their defensive scheme.

We broke out in the 3rd.

And although they smothered us, they didn't get much either. Their first two goals came off a gift from Price and a 5 on 3 from two somewhat accidental, incidental penalties - i.e. not penalties taken because we were behind the play, just a careless cross check and a careless high stick when there was no danger.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
The CJ system is pretty much predicated on rigging corsi and taking garbage shots. I think every coach wants more shots though, so I dunno if we can pin it on him.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Never watched the game but to outshoot the Sharks 40-36 and lose 3-1 is disappointing. Goes back to the goaltending. Our Achilles heel all year. Let in 3 goals on 26 shots is a goal every 8.25 shots. Or in other words a .825% save percentage. You cannot survive in this league with netminding in the 800s. Even 910s is bad. At some point Habs need to look for a goslie
We shoot 40 times, score once..and the conclusion is....it's our goalie's fault!
That is some special kind of backward logic right there.

Maybe you should look at who are the guys shooting the pucks at Martin Jones. The Habs aren't exactly filled with elite scorers.

I've argued in October how so many Habs fans were falling for this mirage. A 4-0-1 streak along with a more entertaining style of playing gave fans a false sense of hope. To me though, it was pretty clear this was a mirage.
Tatar scoring at 110 pt pace, Gallagher set to hit 65G, Domi above 1ppg, Petry at 1ppg. Those were insane totals for guys who've never even come close to producing that high.
Not surprisingly, those totals have dropped, and since mid-october, the Habs have steadily been dropping down the standings.
They still are greatly benefiting from that 4-0-1 hot stretch but this will wear off more and more as the season progresses.

This isn't about Price. The team sucks. Phillip Danault is our 2nd center. We have to use a guy they qualified as a winger on the first line center spot, and even then, they prefer to use Shaw there at times. Benn has been used for 20-25min on many occasions this year, that's how horrible the defensive group is.
Price, as bad as you want to argue he's been, and I agree, he hasn't been good and would love to trade him, is the least of our worries.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We broke out in the 3rd.

And although they smothered us, they didn't get much either. Their first two goals came off a gift from Price and a 5 on 3 from two somewhat accidental, incidental penalties - i.e. not penalties taken because we were behind the play, just a careless cross check and a careless high stick when there was no danger.

They weren't gifts. First was a bullet and came off a terrible pass. On the 2nd goal, Burns was in the high slot all alone and Price clearly could not see anything, terrific defending from the guys in front.

We don't need to look for reasons to blame Price on every goal and give him a pass only when there really is nothing he could have done. We can credit the opponents for nice plays. They did well. We couldn't score, a recurrent theme over the years.
Could Price have been better? Ya, sure, doesn't mean he gifted the opponent or was in any way the reason we lost. He's had terrible game this year, no doubt, but this wasn't one.

Reactions: groovejuice

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
The problem with Price is consistency. If you'd have to select the "save of the game" after every match, carey would claim that save almost every game. He makes saves he shouldn't, defenitely. He also lets in softies and sometimes it makes the game closer than it should be and that's what's frustrating. You can't fault him for getting scored in the slot by pavelski and burns though, and yesterday's game would be a pretty bad example if you were trying to rage on carey.

I'd rather tip my hat to jones, and move on.

Reactions: Habssince89

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They weren't gifts. First was a bullet and came off a terrible pass. On the 2nd goal, Burns was in the high slot all alone and Price clearly could not see anything, terrific defending from the guys in front.

We don't need to look for reasons to blame Price on every goal and give him a pass only when there really is nothing he could have done. We can credit the opponents for nice plays. They did well. We couldn't score, a recurrent theme over the years.
Could Price have been better? Ya, sure, doesn't mean he gifted the opponent or was in any way the reason we lost. He's had terrible game this year, no doubt, but this wasn't one.

1st was a gift. others werent. without that one and the two careless penalties that led to the 5 on 3 goal, it's a 1-1 game.

I don't come away from that game feeling we were outplayed by the Sharks...

You're preaching to the choir about how we need offense. and imo we missed offense on a silver platter this summer in Skinner, Duclair, and Perron...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The problem with Price is consistency. If you'd have to select the "save of the game" after every match, carey would claim that save almost every game. He makes saves he shouldn't, defenitely. He also lets in softies and sometimes it makes the game closer than it should be and that's what's frustrating. You can't fault him for getting scored in the slot by pavelski and burns though, and yesterday's game would be a pretty bad example if you were trying to rage on carey.

I'd rather tip my hat to jones, and move on.

...but....we paid for consistency....

tenor.gif

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
1st was a gift. others werent. without that one and the two careless penalties that led to the 5 on 3 goal, it's a 1-1 game.

I don't come away from that game feeling we were outplayed by the Sharks...

You're preaching to the choir about how we need offense. and imo we missed offense on a silver platter this summer in Skinner, Duclair, and Perron...

It was a very nice and well placed shot. That ain't a gift man.

We need high end talent, not average depth.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Price's inconsistency is one thing. But his complete lack of domination is disappointing and worrisome. I don't think a goalie has to "steal games" to be good, but a good or great goalie does -in fact- steal the occasional game. Price ain't doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad