Confirmed with Link: Keefe hired by Jersey as Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
NJD cap allocation and structure is relatively a lot better than the freakin' Leafs IMO. Devils will have a more balanced roster that a coach will be able to work with. They definitely need a goalie so they will be in competition with the Leafs to grab the best goalie available

P.S. Devils' cap allocation (no 11AAV+ forward btw.., or for that matter no 11AAV+ player at all on their roster)

View attachment 874545

Keefe was handcuffed IMO due to the STUPID roster construction and cap allocation by Dubas (not to say he didn't make :facepalm: worthy decisions)

Keefe was also trying to be "nice" to the guy who got him his first AHL and NHL job so he had to bite his tongue a bit; but at the same time when he did call out his players for being asses he was told to walk back comments. Thats the kinda stuff that could weigh on coaches

Personally I think Keefe is a good dude, so wish him well except against the Leafs ofcourse ;). Dubas on the other hand; I wish him the worst in his professional career for what he did to the Leafs
Those numbers gonna look better in 4 years when Matty asks for 15m.

NJ Boards seem to be ecstatic with the hire... I guess one man's garbage is indeed another man's treasure.

Good luck and all the best to Keefe, lucky bastard will leave behind Canadian taxes and Toronto real estate madness.
Be interesting to know how he defended his poor playoff numbers.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Hope Hughes likes the 3rd line or whoever their Nylander equivalent is

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 7.12.56 PM.png

100% factual statement.

Was pretty clear he'd get scooped up quick. Seems like a good spot for him. I wish him well (against everybody but the Leafs).

False, it was not clear, everyone said in our threads he is not even an ECHL coach.

Our fanbase is super intelligent.

Be interesting to know how he defended his poor playoff numbers.

"They are the same as Berube's and he just got hired for a lot more"

Reactions: bax

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If Leafs or any other team (but especially Leafs) give matthews 15AAV when he is 30 years old I don't even know what to say.... :laugh:
He didn't take 4 years so he could take less on his next deal. Unless he falls off a cliff $15mx4 is almost a lock if the cap keeps rising.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He didn't take 4 years so he could take less on his next deal. Unless he falls off a cliff $15mx4 is almost a lock if the cap keeps rising.

man if Leafs don't have at least one cup or continuous deep runs I would not offer Matthews 15AAV on his next deal. he can seek that from another team lol

Reactions: ToneDog

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
They'll give it to him unless he wants to play in the US.

I'd be pissed if they gave Matthews the next contract at 15 AAV while don't have even one cup or continuous deep runs in playoffs.

Matthews has also gambled by taking a short-term deal so thats on him.

If the condition I set (first paragraph) isn't met then Matthews can go seek that from another team not the Leafs; because by then it will be time for the Leafs to rebuild instead of investing on an aging center with no success to show as a team at all

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I'd be pissed if they gave Matthews the next contract at 15 AAV while don't have even one cup or continuous deep runs in playoffs.

Matthews has also gambled by taking a short-term deal so thats on him.

If the condition I set (first paragraph) isn't met then Matthews can go seek that from another team not the Leafs; because by then it will be time for the Leafs to rebuild instead of investing on an aging center with no success to show as a team at all

Keep in mind we have the same GM who gave Huberdeau his deal... Can't see playoffs coming into play in negotiations unless they change GMs

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Keep in mind we have the same GM who gave Huberdeau his deal... Can't see playoffs coming into play in negotiations unless they change GMs

You've been consistently been told the below and you continue to parade this spiel to prop up dubas it ain't gonna fly....

And for the last time....

Treliving wanted out of Calgary. its not a secret everyone knows. Because the flames ownership was poisonous

Flames ownership pushed for the Huberdeau deal.

1. Calgary Flames, general manager Brad Treliving agree to part ways | TSN

2. Treliving's decision to bolt leaves Flames looking lost

QUOTE from the articcle
"This was, without question, Treliving’s choice. He fired the Flames, not the other way around."

Even the Sutter hire wasn't really Treliving, Brad was forced by ownership to ink that deal

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You've been consistently been told the below and you continue to parade this spiel to prop up dubas it ain't gonna fly....

And for the last time....

Treliving wanted out of Calgary. its not a secret everyone knows. Because the flames ownership was poisonous

Flames ownership pushed for the Huberdeau deal.

1. Calgary Flames, general manager Brad Treliving agree to part ways | TSN

2. Treliving's decision to bolt leaves Flames looking lost

QUOTE from the articcle
"This was, without question, Treliving’s choice. He fired the Flames, not the other way around."

Even the Sutter hire wasn't really Treliving, Brad was forced by ownership to ink that deal

His name is on the contract, he signed it and made the trade, should have left before attaching his name to that.

He also just signed Matthews' contract which also supports what I am saying that playoffs don't matter to him when negotiating contracts.

Any excuse for that one?

• Haha
Reactions: LeafSteel

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
His name is on the contract, he signed it and made the trade, should have left before attaching his name to that.

He also just signed Matthews' contract which also supports what I am saying that playoffs don't matter to him when negotiating contracts.

Any excuse for that one?

We will see. I really don't wanna be rude but I gotta say I don't enjoy any discussions with you because your entire spiel is why dubas is/was good and everyone else is bad.

I disagree with everything you say. So lets say we agree to disagree and move on and not highjack this thread

peace out

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Maybe Devil’s management won’t tell him to apologize to the players after holding them accountable like Leaf management did………
That was simply pathetic. It wasn’t hard to know who was running the show…….the new and improved Muskoka 5

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Unfortunately Keefe grew as a coach here with a contender, feels like we wasted time while he figured it out, ditto obviously golden boy. NJ is getting a decent coach now, we just needed a new voice here, clearly. I wish the man well, he went out with one of the classiest exit speeches we've seen here. Inherits a decent position too, NJ had a down year, will probably rebound.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think he should be a good fit with them. Best of luck to him too, even when I wasn't happy with some of his coaching decisions, he was always likeable. I'm sure he'll enjoy being a bit less out of the spotlight too

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Anyone got the odds on Leafs losing to devils in playoffs next year. I got a hundred I’d like to put somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad