Confirmed with Link: Keefe hired by Jersey as Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Keeping both of them in the East can only be seen as a good thing.
It's somewhat fascinating that they'll be in such close competition with each other now after all the years of working together. Neither should muster much of a thought for Toronto though without a dramatic rise or drop (divisional winner and wild card).

Reactions: ACC1224

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Nah, lots of stuff to occupy oneself other than hockey, I’m retired, can’t tell you how many rabbit holes I go down learning shit, start with politics, that should keep you busy and disgusted………
Trade the Leafs for politics? Hmm, one tells you one thing and does another with zero accountability, and the other is the Government. Yikes.

• Haha
Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Trade the Leafs for politics? Hmm, one tells you one thing and does another with zero accountability, and the other is the Government. Yikes.
I suggested it because it should be a easy transition………

Reactions: Trapper

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Nah, lots of stuff to occupy oneself other than hockey, I’m retired, can’t tell you how many rabbit holes I go down learning shit, start with politics, that should keep you busy and disgusted………
start with history, then todays politics will seem like small potatoes and you won't get as stressed....

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
tbh I hope he does well

was he great? no but he also wasn't as bad as people make him out to be

he turned our team into a solid defensive team, and a great offensive team in the regular season

The playoff scoring issue is/was almost entirely a core 4 issue, mainly matthews, marner, tavares. I blame Keefe for not trying other things sure, but I blame those guys alot more for not working it out with their skill level.

Matthews and Marner should not be getting shut down by danault. Sure he should've gotten them away from him, but they choked hard because they couldn't perform. Same with florida and boston. He should've put marner 3rd line or something, but its marner's fault for being such a ghost. Tavares shouldn't be this useless as a leaf. The players fold so hard

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
No, I’m saying those with expiring contacts are put on notice, want a new deal, perform……..
Yeah, I get what you are saying but I am not sure how it applies to Keefe. Didn't the whole world know that he was going to get fired if they didn't win round one?

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Kind of ambivalent I guess. I don't think he's a good coach but I don't wish him to fail. Everyone can learn so if this is a reset where he can evaluate his mistakes and improve then good for him.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
He was flawed and vastly underachieved here, but it was clear he wouldn't be out of work for long and I think it is a good fit for both parties.

I also think this is a great career move for him. I thought it was a matter of time he re-united with Dubas in Pittsburgh. Now that thought is gone, and now he can forge his own career than constantly being seen as attached to someone.

That exit message he put out was all class, and despite not being a fan of his as a coach, he's a good dude and earned more respect from me as a coach and person overall. Wishing him success in his next stop in the league...except against the Leafs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think he’ll do fine in New Jersey but interested to see if they have some of the growing pains Toronto had over the years. They have that young offensive talent, much better collection of defensive prospects but also that hope and a prayer goaltending.

Keefe sure did pick a better team than Dubas. Wish him success. He was an honest customer here and did his best.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He has a chance to turn his reputation around

In toronto he was part of the choking ways

The stars saw their ppg fall come playoffs

Keefe saw his win% fall, usually the PP and PK worsen and was not able to close out series.

NJD have a good core but pressure wiol start mounting soon. Hughes will be in his 6th season next year and has 1 playoff appearance and 1 series win.

Keefe will have 2 years to get them to serious contenders otherwise he will be done

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The NJ contract overrides the Leafs' deal. MLSEL is off the hook.

Tre to MLSE board... ;)

GJ9qdc9WwAAzgoY

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think he’ll do fine in New Jersey but interested to see if they have some of the growing pains Toronto had over the years. They have that young offensive talent, much better collection of defensive prospects but also that hope and a prayer goaltending.

Keefe sure did pick a better team than Dubas. Wish him success. He was an honest customer here and did his best.

NJD cap allocation and structure is relatively a lot better than the freakin' Leafs IMO. Devils will have a more balanced roster that a coach will be able to work with. They definitely need a goalie so they will be in competition with the Leafs to grab the best goalie available

P.S. Devils' cap allocation (no 11AAV+ forward btw.., or for that matter no 11AAV+ player at all on their roster)

1716426363451.png

He has a chance to turn his reputation around

In toronto he was part of the choking ways

The stars saw their ppg fall come playoffs

Keefe saw his win% fall, usually the PP and PK worsen and was not able to close out series.

NJD have a good core but pressure wiol start mounting soon. Hughes will be in his 6th season next year and has 1 playoff appearance and 1 series win.

Keefe will have 2 years to get them to serious contenders otherwise he will be done

Keefe was handcuffed IMO due to the STUPID roster construction and cap allocation by Dubas (not to say he didn't make :facepalm: worthy decisions)

Keefe was also trying to be "nice" to the guy who got him his first AHL and NHL job so he had to bite his tongue a bit; but at the same time when he did call out his players for being asses he was told to walk back comments. Thats the kinda stuff that could weigh on coaches

Personally I think Keefe is a good dude, so wish him well except against the Leafs ofcourse ;). Dubas on the other hand; I wish him the worst in his professional career for what he did to the Leafs

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
NJ Boards seem to be ecstatic with the hire... I guess one man's garbage is indeed another man's treasure.

Good luck and all the best to Keefe, lucky bastard will leave behind Canadian taxes and Toronto real estate madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad