News Article: Kassian to have hearing with league (Suspended 2 games)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
When did it become acceptable for MSM to become click-bait internet trolls? That article by Francis was ridiculous, and apparently there’s another out there by some idiot at the Hockey News? Staples referred to it in an article yesterday.

You are referring to the one and only incomparable Ken Campbell. He is the reason I cancelled my subscription to that rag after having one for nearly 30 years. His viewpoint on the game, and the Oilers, is near hateful. I have no idea why he even covers hockey as he seems to hate the game. I do not think I have ever read anything I remotely agree with from that clown, or anything he has written that has been thoughtful. He exists only to troll.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
He alone would be the reason to keep me from buying that as well. He is brutal.
You are referring to the one and only incomparable Ken Campbell. He is the reason I cancelled my subscription to that rag after having one for nearly 30 years. His viewpoint on the game, and the Oilers, is near hateful. I have no idea why he even covers hockey as he seems to hate the game. I do not think I have ever read anything I remotely agree with from that clown, or anything he has written that has been thoughtful. He exists only to troll.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Archibald is probably the best hitter on the team.
It shouldn't only be Kassian throwing the body though. Neal is surprisingly a great hitter and finishes checks when he wants to, Draisaitl can throw his body and he get easily get into Bennett's head and Nurse/Khaira (I don't care, suit him up for the game) and even Archibald.

Everyone should be throwing their body and targeting their top end players. Focus on not getting into any scrums, just hard hits with their heads down just as clean as Tkurtle was handing out.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
It shouldn't only be Kassian throwing the body though. Neal is surprisingly a great hitter and finishes checks when he wants to, Draisaitl can throw his body and he get easily get into Bennett's head and Nurse/Khaira (I don't care, suit him up for the game) and even Archibald.

Everyone should be throwing their body and targeting their top end players. Focus on not getting into any scrums, just hard hits with their heads down just as clean as Tkurtle was handing out.

oh for sure. Especially because Lucic is the only guy that is a legitimate threat in a fight, and he’s only going to be out there for 8 minutes.

As Bryan said, I’d like to see Peluso in the lineup, and even go a step further and bring up Manning. Put out

Neal - McDavid - Kassian
Nuge - Drai - KY
Chiasson - Sheahan - Khaira
Peluso - Haas - Archibald

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Bear
Russell - Manning

Every single line, from top to bottom, is going to play Calgary hard. And if that hack Francis is right, and Looch wants to fight Kass, let Peluso go out there every single time Lucic is on the ice and see if he feels like fighting. Don’t even give him the chance to try and fight Kass (not that Zack would back down). We’re also a hell of a lot tougher than Calgary with that lineup if anyone else wants to start something. And it’s not like Peluso playing 4 minutes (double shift the top guys when Lucic isn’t out), and Manning coming in for Jones, is going to affect us that much.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
People are really down on Tkachuk for his antics, but let's not forget all the stuff he does for his community:

That is the wrong turtle my friend. Tkachuk has unfortunatly not been able to reproduce because (and it is tragic) he lacks the um how do you say equipment to do such things.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
oh for sure. Especially because Lucic is the only guy that is a legitimate threat in a fight, and he’s only going to be out there for 8 minutes.

As Bryan said, I’d like to see Peluso in the lineup, and even go a step further and bring up Manning. Put out

Neal - McDavid - Kassian
Nuge - Drai - KY
Chiasson - Sheahan - Khaira
Peluso - Haas - Archibald

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Bear
Russell - Manning

Every single line, from top to bottom, is going to play Calgary hard. And if that hack Francis is right, and Looch wants to fight Kass, let Peluso go out there every single time Lucic is on the ice and see if he feels like fighting. Don’t even give him the chance to try and fight Kass (not that Zack would back down). We’re also a hell of a lot tougher than Calgary with that lineup if anyone else wants to start something. And it’s not like Peluso playing 4 minutes (double shift the top guys when Lucic isn’t out), and Manning coming in for Jones, is going to affect us that much.
The only thing I disagree with in this is Manning. Can't stand the player.

That and change Khaira and Archibald and I'm in.

The top two lines are going to take care of the scoring like usual, so padding up the bottom two lines with deterrents is the perfect idea. Peluso who will want to stay up and will be extra motivated would need to have a sit down and video recap of what a "clean hit" is, so we're not in the penalty box the entire time.

Also, as I've said before, if we start playing the bash bros game here, we're going to be in the penalty box regardless. The refs are going to try and counter anything, especially considering of how embarrassed the officials were for not doing their jobs and creating this mess in the first place (pretty much every analyst is agreeing that if a call is made on the first hit, this doesn't happen). So, in reality we're in between a rock and a hard place with how we come out on the 29th.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
lol @ Lucic going after Kassian.......if geoff ward is dumb enough to put lucic on the ice when mcdavid is out there LOL

If he does the fight will be on the second the puck drops, unless of course Kass skates away.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Two points above all.

In addition to Kassian, I hope to see Nurse, Archibald, Neal, Larsson to also respond physically.
Don't let plugs like Bennett and Andersson and Backlund under your skin.

Will be a huge game to see how galvanizing that last game was.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Let Nurse go with Lucic. Tkachuk can mop up his own mess that he created. Nurse fought Lucic as a rookie and held his own pretty well. Now that he has a few more years and transitioned from teenager strength to man-strength, he should fare better.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Also not that it's a smart move, but I really think Draisaitl would destroy a lot of Lames in a fight.
But we need him on the ice and unharmed.

Kinda wanna see an unexpected participant take on the turtle. Like an Archie or Yams? Gagner?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The only thing I disagree with in this is Manning. Can't stand the player.

That and change Khaira and Archibald and I'm in.

The top two lines are going to take care of the scoring like usual, so padding up the bottom two lines with deterrents is the perfect idea. Peluso who will want to stay up and will be extra motivated would need to have a sit down and video recap of what a "clean hit" is, so we're not in the penalty box the entire time.

Also, as I've said before, if we start playing the bash bros game here, we're going to be in the penalty box regardless. The refs are going to try and counter anything, especially considering of how embarrassed the officials were for not doing their jobs and creating this mess in the first place (pretty much every analyst is agreeing that if a call is made on the first hit, this doesn't happen). So, in reality we're in between a rock and a hard place with how we come out on the 29th.

The only reason I mention Manning is because we know he won’t hesitate to drop the gloves. If they put Lucic out for the opening faceoffs, you start with

Peluso - Khaira - Kassian
Nurse - Manning

And have a good ole fashioned line brawl, and beat the **** out of the Flames.

I’m sure you’re right about the refs, but that’s why you’ve got to make sure you’re throwing clean hits. Punish them, but make sure you stay down through the hits, and keep it legal. They can’t just keep penalizing you for legal hits

lol @ Lucic going after Kassian.......if geoff ward is dumb enough to put lucic on the ice when mcdavid is out there LOL

that’s kind of the irony. If they want Lucic to go after Kass, they’ve got to leave him out there against the best player in the world, and as soon as Zack skates away, we’ve basically got a PP. It’s not like Looch can just grab Kass off of the faceoff either because

1. With home ice, you don’t send out that matchup for a faceoff
2. Lucic would be looking at a massive suspension since it’s premeditated and not the first time he’s done it this year

Two points above all.

In addition to Kassian, I hope to see Nurse, Archibald, Neal, Larsson to also respond physically.

Someone should just get Nurse to skate by Andersson in warmup when he’s near center ice and say “do I need to remind you what happened last time you got lippy?”

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Two points above all.

100% we have more than enough guys capable of pushing them around, don’t get into the mind games, just play good physical hockey. I expect Nurse to have a much bigger presence in this game, as well as most of the team playing with an extra chip on their shoulder.

Let Nurse go with Lucic. Tkachuk can mop up his own mess that he created. Nurse fought Lucic as a rookie and held his own pretty well. Now that he has a few more years and transitioned from teenager strength to man-strength, he should fare better.

My thoughts exactly, if lucic tries to fight kassian it solves nothing. The best thing that can happen here is Tkachuk and Kassian line up right off the opening face off and get it over with, but that’ll never happen because we all know Tkachuk isn’t dropping the mitts, he’ll continue to hide behind anyone on his team who will do his dirty work for him and the nasty hits will keep on coming.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
nurse is too valuable to spend 5 mins in teh box with that bum

Reactions: KYams17

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
nurse is too valuable to spend 5 mins in teh box with that bum
Depends. If he beats Lucic down the Flames suddenly have no teeth.
Also it depends who you ask, there are some on here that think Nurse is the worst defensman of all time.I do not fall into that camp though.

AlbOilFAN

Jan 26, 2018
Did anybody here leafs lunch today , Craig button just called oilers whiny babies, They whine about everything he said, They whined about Connor McDavid when he got suspended two games, and now they are whining to the nhl to the league for the hits the turtle maid.
I am pretty sure he was kissing ass, to the Calgary GM because they had him as a guest.

Reactions: KYams17

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Eric Francis is the dumbest reporter in hockey and that's saying something...no wonder he cheers for the Calgary Flames along with jock-sniffing Hrudey and Cassie "I cheer-lead for the Flames cause my husband works for the organization" Campbell

these morons feed info to Flames fans and they eat it up

To me Francis is the worst and least-professional reporter in hockey. I can't believe sportsnet employs a literal troll like this who makes no effort whatsoever to hide his intense hatred for the Oilers. I don't think there's an equally spiteful homer like Francis anywhere else in the Canadian hockey media.

Reactions: TB12

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Did anybody here leafs lunch today , Craig button just called oilers whiny babies, They whine about everything he said, They whined about Connor McDavid when he got suspended two games, and now they are whining to the nhl to the league for the hits the turtle maid.
I am pretty sure he was kissing ass, to the Calgary GM because they had him as a guest.

Button is a two-faced nerd. When he's on tsn1260 he's full-on kissing Strudwick's ass and trying to say nice things about the Oilers, the rest of the time he is an unabashed hater.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Hahaha oh Craig.

Reactions: ani

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad