Kasperi Kapanen convicted of aggravated DUI in Finland; fined 108 700€)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Honestly didn't expect to be able to punch the "people should be allowed to drink and drive" space on my Bingo card.

Reactions: mattihp

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Honestly didn't expect to be able to punch the "people should be allowed to drink and drive" space on my Bingo card.
The only situation I don't care is if someone is on their own property, and its just them at risk, then who cares. But on any public roads or areas then no bueno.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

paragon

May 5, 2010
Again, patently false. DUI casuing death turns to Vehicular Homicide/Manslaughter, even someone with no criminal history and a productive member of society is getting jail/prison time if they do that
Kasperi was driving in Finland and you almost never get any jail time even if you kill someone while drunk.

For example:
Run it through google translate if you don't believe me. 49 year old man kills a cyclist and had almost twice the BAC as Kasperi. Didn't stop and tried to drive away from the scene. Sentence 1 year 6 months of probation and some community service. He also had to pay 12999 euros to cover for funeral arrangements and emotional damage to the victims family.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kasperi was driving in Finland and you almost never get any jail time even if you kill someone while drunk.

For example:
Run it through google translate if you don't believe me. 49 year old man kills a cyclist and had almost twice the BAC as Kasperi. Didn't stop and tried to drive away from the scene. Sentence 1 year 6 months of probation and some community service. He also had to pay 12999 euros to cover for funeral arrangements and emotional damage to the victims family.
In Finland you dont necessarely go to jail if you rape children either, so yeah. We may have proportional fines but otherwise our justice system sucks.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
.12 is flat out drunk. The question is, is .02 OK? 'Cause that's where I am after two beers over an hour. I think it's fine, others don't and I respect that opinion but it is an opinion.
Isn't subjectiveness of it the problem? You're absolutely right and someone that drinks a couple times a year can feel plastered at .08 but someone that drinks every day may not feel a thing. I do understand the effects on motor skills either way though.

I think the industry of DUIs creates a harsher backlash as well. Nobody wants to hurt anyone but from someone who's had one, the process feels very rackety.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The only situation I don't care is if someone is on their own property, and its just them at risk, then who cares. But on any public roads or areas then no bueno.

If they get hurt on their property and the local fire rescue folks get called out, that's taking local tax dollars to help someone for being stupid. If you are on your own land and do it and get hurt, add the fines right in. They're wasting public funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad