Kasperi Kapanen (Aberg/J Lindgren) Traded to Pittsburgh (15OV/Hallander/E Rod/Warf to Toronto)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think Zucker is a bit more skilled than @BlindWillyMcHurt credits, but I think by skilled he means snipes from the circle, passes through big crowds, stick handling to create space when there was none, like a Kessel or Nylander, and Zucker ain't that skillful. Some nice moves, odd sweet snipe, but not standout skillful.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Blueger-Lowry is good depth. I wouldn’t be against it depending on the cost. Winnipeg needs D and so does Pittsburgh though.

idk, good luck scoring.

Blueger has the ability to score more if you give Lowry the Brunt of the D responsibility.

Blueger is good at making skilled plays, so maybe he can become a 3C if given the role.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
idk, good luck scoring.

Blueger has the ability to score more if you give Lowry the Brunt of the D responsibility.

Blueger is good at making skilled plays, so maybe he can become a 3C if given the role.

Yea you’d need to give Blueger a guy who could score.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Adam Lowry. :)
I think he's the type of player we need TBH. I am underwhelmed by his production however. For nearly three million he needs to step that up a bit. But definitely in the mold of a guy we could use no question.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
idk, good luck scoring.

I can't justify giving a 4C nearly three million though.

Reactions: PensandCaps

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think Zucker is a bit more skilled than @BlindWillyMcHurt credits, but I think by skilled he means snipes from the circle, passes through big crowds, stick handling to create space when there was none, like a Kessel or Nylander, and Zucker ain't that skillful. Some nice moves, odd sweet snipe, but not standout skillful.

you know who was pretty damn skilled...Kahun.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Yes FFS this is all I mean.

Some of you are seriously goddamned insufferable, sometimes. It's totally fine to have differing opinions. I DO tolerate many of yours and even applaud them for their validity when I disagree.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I do think this means the next piece brought in needs to have playmaking ability. As it stands right now there’s too many straight line burners. Back when the Rangers hoarded them they at least had St. Louis still too.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

And it's not bad to have players who produce that way, like Zucker. It's good to be able to score in a number of ways.

We just seem to have a lot of the same kind of player for our scoring wings right now. Rust, Zucker, Kapanen. Skate fast, retrieve pucks, get it to the scoring center, go to the net and whack away until you convert.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I do think this means the next piece brought in needs to have playmaking ability. As it stands right now there’s too many straight line burners. Back when the Rangers hoarded them they at least had St. Louis still too.

We need some goddamn Bonino

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

With what, though?

And the top 6 appears to be full, unless there are more changes in the offing.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
15th overall for a 3rd liner? LOL!!!! rather have kept the 15th overall and potentially drafted a franchise player. Whatever, guess Hornqvist is gone now and Kapanen is the 3RW and maybe get Granlund on a 1 year deal for 1RW.

BTW isnt Lindgren the Dman people here wanted in that Dumo to Leafs trade? a guy that can play solid top 4 minutes? or am I thinking of someone else?

edit- Nope it was Durmott.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yes FFS this is all I mean.

Some of you are seriously goddamned insufferable. It's totally fine to have differing opinions. I DO tolerate many of yours and even applaud them for their validity when I disagree.

And to riff on this - what Kessel brought, what Kahun brought at times, were goals out of nothing. Goals we didn't have to work hard for.

Zucker is super effective. He helps the team score a bunch of hard goals. But he's unlikely to be the saviour when Plan A isn't working. That's okay.

The issue is we spaffed our load on a guy that's pretty similar but not as good.

Cup winning teams can usually kill you a number of ways. We've got about two at most.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Color me shocked
Do you like this trade? We pissed away our 15th overall pick without unloading any bloated contracts, for a mediocre player. We picked up another bottom six, $3+ million player. Yay.

I know, he will play in the top 6 because we have crappy wingers.

This was a cap dump for Toronto.

Last edited:

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
  1. They drafted decently and have a great homegrown cast. They sorta botched the 3 1st round pics they had that one year but still got Debrusk outta it. him and Pasta are a big part of the youth movement. Then add in McAvoy and you have 3 really good and young players contributing offensivley. Not to mentiom that other ofd Grzelcyk who has good size oh and Torey Krug
  2. They kept their draft pics while Krecji and Bergeron and Marchand were still around and surrounded them with talent

Cool. Boston has 1 cup in 50 years, pens have 5 in 30.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
And to riff on this - what Kessel brought, what Kahun brought at times, were goals out of nothing. Goals we didn't have to work hard for.

Zucker is super effective. He helps the team score a bunch of hard goals. But he's unlikely to be the saviour when Plan A isn't working. That's okay.

The issue is we spaffed our load on a guy that's pretty similar but not as good.

Cup winning teams can usually kill you a number of ways. We've got about two at most.

Yep. A million times, this.

I just don't get why people have a hard time coming around on this. This isn't a skilled lineup. And Crosby and Malkin are old. They need some bonafide talent. Which I KNOW is easier said than done but you are right -- it's like moving mountains to score goals on this team when the games are tight. You need that ability for a guy to come off the bench now and then, fly down the wing and rip one.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

This is what I was driving at earlier.

Our offense is pretty one-note and predictable as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad