• Rantanen

Votes: 82 51.3%
  • Kaprizov

Votes: 78 48.8%

• Total voters

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Not really sure tbh

Rantanen has a tremendous playoff record though. Being on excellent teams helps, but 8th all-time in playoff PPG is quite something.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think in a vacuum it's pretty even in terms of "talent". Kaprizov might even be just a tiny bit more creative and skilled. But for me, the size difference becomes a tipping point. Rantanen's ability to use his size to really lean on guys and make those plays under tight checking is an x-factor when comparing these two. Even though Kaprizov's lack of size obviously doesn't hinder him much since he's so slippery and strong on his feet. It's just one extra tool in Rantanen's belt that Kaprizov simply doesn't have available to him.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's easily Kaprizov. There isn't a winger in the game that has less support then him.

Avs have two players, including his C with more points than him.

Rossi is a hell of a step up from Rask, but he's not MacKinnon.

Wild have a couple of great defenders, with Ok to good offense. But none are Maker leading the league in scoring.

Zuccerello was a career high 61 point winger in his prime in NY. Next to Kaprizov in Minnesota at 37 he's a PPG player.

His best support is Boldy, who is turning into a star in his own right, but they only play together on the PP this year. And last year when they played together it was the best line in the league.

No winger in the league outside of maybe Kucherov impacts his team more. Wild go as far as Kaprizov and their goaltending take them.

Reactions: deejb

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think what KK does given his team is a bit more impressive, but Moose's track record and playoff history are damn impressive.

On a neutral team I probably take KK by a nose, but they are both top 5 wingers in terms of a "now" and "record" - Kuch, Pasta, Bread, Moose and KK is tier 1 for me, all apologies to regular season Mitch, healthy Stone and the guys in Florida who may be the best winger duo in the league (and trio for that matter).

Reactions: Regal

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
It's easily Kaprizov. There isn't a winger in the game that has less support then him.

Avs have two players, including his C with more points than him.

Rossi is a hell of a step up from Rask, but he's not MacKinnon.

Wild have a couple of great defenders, with Ok to good offense. But none are Maker leading the league in scoring.

Zuccerello was a career high 61 point winger in his prime in NY. Next to Kaprizov in Minnesota at 37 he's a PPG player.

His best support is Boldy, who is turning into a star in his own right, but they only play together on the PP this year. And last year when they played together it was the best line in the league.

No winger in the league outside of maybe Kucherov impacts his team more. Wild go as far as Kaprizov and their goaltending take them.
Pastrnak has less support

His 2022 and 2023 years were crazy for the level if low end offensive talent he played with

Panarin also has pretty low talent similar to kaprizov with his 2023 year season seeing him put 120 while next best on rangers was trocheck I think with 40+ less pts

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I call this the Patrick Kane dichotomy.

In an online discussion, value is often placed on the guy who has less talent around him, who has accomplished less, because if X and Y switched places, viola!

In the real world, I tend to value the superstars who play with other superstars who win and regret nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad