Kapanen or Gallagher

Kapanen or Gallagher?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You can't be serious with this. Again, you need to look outside of this season's 33 game window, you have complete tunnel vision. Saad had a 35 point season last year while Gally had over 30 goals. Ehlers had a 60 point season while Kapanen had 9 points.

Your comparisons are just awful.

You can't be serious you need to look outside of the stats and get some context, you have complete tunnel vision. Who did Kappy play with last year? How many minutes? He has been given his first shot this year and is doing well.

Your stat watching is just awful.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Firstly, can I get whatever site you're using for stats, tried to find something around this, couldn't.
Love debating, so this will help in the future.. thanks
-----------------
Since we're looking at 5v5.
The real stats are:
21 points to 17 points in favour of the 22 year old.
Or 52 points vs 42 points at even strength over the course of the year.

So the question was going forward who do you take.. and you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't see how anyone says this isn't close.

----------
Linemates play a role in how well someone does. So I'm curious to get exact stats on who he plays with and how much.

Kappy is producing around the same clip as Ehlers, they are also the same age.

Gally is producing around the same clip as Saad, they are also around the same age.

Do people take Saad over Ehlers moving forward? He plays with better linemates too, remember that.

Kasperi Kapanen - Teammates - Individual - Natural Stat Trick

11 points in 198:40 with Matthews
3 points in 35:25 with Tavares
Negligible amount of time with both Tavares and Matthews (20 seconds according to Corsica)
14 points in 234 minutes with Matthews or Tavares
18 points in 458:10 total
4 points in 224 minutes with neither Matthews or Tavares

You can't decide one player is better than another based on 30 games. I am merely pointing out that any claim Kapanen is a better offensive player than Gallagher has to reckon with the fact that his production drops off a cliff when he's not playing with a superstar.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Not biased at all...

I made this account when there was the whole "Laine vs Matthews", it is kind of a joke naming myself this.. I was very pro Matthews and I figured it'd be more fun to debate with a name like this.

11 points in 198:40 with Matthews
3 points in 35:25 with Tavares
Negligible amount of time with both Tavares and Matthews (20 seconds according to Corsica)
14 points in 234 minutes with Matthews or Tavares
18 points in 458:10 total
4 points in 224 minutes with neither Matthews or Tavares

You can't decide one player is better than another based on 30 games. I am merely pointing out that any claim Kapanen is a better offensive player than Gallagher has to reckon with the fact that his production drops off a cliff when he's not playing with a superstar.

The question is going forward. I will stand by taking the younger player who is producing better.

I agree with not being able to tell after 30 games who the better player will be going forward, but that's all we have to go on. Unless you wanna compare 4th line minutes to Gally's stats last year..

Linemates do make a difference in production, so does deployment. When your job goes from scoring to defending, it isn't shocking that your production drops, or when you go from playing with people are having good puck luck to playing with someone who isn't that also doesn't help, so the point production between playing with Matthews and Kadri is expected, although maybe not as much as it shows.

I like that you're backing things up with facts, I appreciate that.

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
It's more lopsided than I expected. While Gallagher is proven he is a bit older and had some injuries.

Personally I don't think Kapanen is a bad choice but I would take Gally also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad