Kapanen or Gallagher

Kapanen or Gallagher?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Gallagher easily. Much more proven and brings some jam to his game that's hard to find in a quality top 6 player. He also doesn't play with an elite center.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Going forward? The 22 year old who is outproducing the 26 year old..

26 year old:
GP: 33
G: 14
A: 6
P: 20
P/GP: 0.61
Powerplay Points: 3 with 111:06 TOI
Shorthanded TOI: 0:48

22 year old:
G: 12
A: 10
P: 22
P/GP: 0.67
Powerplay Points: 0 with 19:57 TOI
Shorthanded TOI: 50:38

Reactions: Pyrophorus and zeke

Mar 26, 2010
some explanation would help.. preferable backed with some facts instead of feelings
What? I said Kapanen is not on his level and has a ways to go. What feelings, you make no sense at all???

Gallagher is 26 and Kapanen is 22. 4 years older. Kappy has a ways to go still, That is a fact.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
some explanation would help.. preferable backed with some facts instead of feelings, no one has provided any facts as to why Gally is better, let alone better going forward

Gallagher has produced at a ~25 goal per 82 games pace his entire career of 439 games while bringing a huge amount of energy and tenacity to the team. Kapanen has yet to reach the 100 game mark, is producing at a ~19 goal per 82 games while having the benefit of playing with a much stronger forward group in Toronto.

The only facts you have provided are a 33 game sample size. Try to look at the whole picture and you'll understand why people want to select the more proven commodity here.

Reactions: Snowman and Kelly

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
What? I said Kapanen is not on his level and has a ways to go. What feelings, you make no sense at all???

Gallagher is 26 and Kapanen is 22. 4 years older. Kappy has a ways to go still, That is a fact.

Why is Kapanen not on his level? His point production and two-way play seem to be on and maybe even exceeding his level... I don't understand how Kappy has a ways to go. I'd love to hear how everyone is saying it isn't close.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
some explanation would help.. preferable backed with some facts instead of feelings, no one has provided any facts as to why Gally is better, let alone better going forward

26 year old:

22 year old:

Any attempt to account for the effect of Matthews and a brief stint with Tavares here would illuminate the matter for you. At 5 on 5:
Kapanen with Matthews or Tavares: 3.58 p/60
Kapanen without Matthews or Tavares: 1.07 p/60

Gallagher on the other hand has a long history of producing at a low end first line rate as the best player on his line.

I have time for an age/contract argument but Gallagher is simply a far more proven play driver and scorer. And Gallagher's current contract is incredibly team-friendly even if he'll be a UFA far sooner.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018

26 year old:

22 year old:
Kapanen also plays with more offensively gifted players.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Any attempt to account for the effect of Matthews and a brief stint with Tavares here would illuminate the matter for you. At 5 on 5:
Kapanen with Matthews or Tavares: 3.58 p/60
Kapanen without Matthews or Tavares: 1.07 p/60

Firstly, can I get whatever site you're using for stats, tried to find something around this, couldn't.
Love debating, so this will help in the future.. thanks
-----------------
Since we're looking at 5v5.
The real stats are:
21 points to 17 points in favour of the 22 year old.
Or 52 points vs 42 points at even strength over the course of the year.

Gallagher on the other hand has a long history of producing at a low end first line rate as the best player on his line.

I have time for an age/contract argument but Gallagher is simply a far more proven play driver and scorer. And Gallagher's current contract is incredibly team-friendly even if he'll be a UFA far sooner.

So the question was going forward who do you take.. and you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't see how anyone says this isn't close.

----------
Linemates play a role in how well someone does. So I'm curious to get exact stats on who he plays with and how much.

Kappy is producing around the same clip as Ehlers, they are also the same age.

Gally is producing around the same clip as Saad, they are also around the same age.

Do people take Saad over Ehlers moving forward? He plays with better linemates too, remember that.

Reactions: zeke

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Kappy is producing around the same clip as Ehlers, they are also the same age.

Gally is producing around the same clip as Saad, they are also around the same age.

Do people take Saad over Ehlers moving forward?

You can't be serious with this. Again, you need to look outside of this season's 33 game window, you have complete tunnel vision. Saad had a 35 point season last year while Gally had over 30 goals. Ehlers had a 60 point season while Kapanen had 9 points.

Your comparisons are just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad