Speculation: Kaliyev trade...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
If I am a GM....I would try to pry Spence from the Kings. Hopefully, Roy is the one on the outs and Spence is either RHD2 or RHD3....depending on where Clarke fits. I am not worried about Clarke's defense...I think he's way ahead on D, compared to Harley on Dallas...watching him this playoffs, he's so flat footed and looks awkward on D. If he was a Kings choice, he would still be in the AHL...Luckily for him, he's not and he has a good offensive game...and makes me not worry about Brandt. They need to let him play and never bench him for errors. That seemingly has ruined young Kings...and that's where it has led with ARTY.

He worked hard and did 4th line duty and did fine at it. His skating, defense and compete came a long way from the day they drafted him....and he never got much of a chance in top 6, let alone top 9.

If I am a GM, I would trade for him....esp with it may only taking a 3rd rd pick....as Arty has learned the game, worked hard and just needs a real chance. GMs shoud also recognize that Pearson, Toffoli, Amadio went on to play better, once leaving the Kings. Toff had like 16 goals, his last season here? How was that even possible? Gone on to 30 goal level again...I was reading the Kings may sign him. Would not be the worst thing....Toffoli could be the replacement for Arvy and may only cost 1 mil more. He's 32 and Arvy is 31. Oh, even Carter was better, after being a corpse here, his last 1+ yrs...but knew he could no way, play 3 more. But, he looked good after the trade.

I'd say give Arty another shot, but it looks like that ship has sailed...errr sunk. One of my fave plays in 23-24, was Arty and PLD breaking in and were about 20 feet out and PL dished a quick pass to Arty, and everyone probably thought he'd shoot and he tapped it back to PL and PL sniped it. Too bad they messed so much with both of them and were putting JAD and Grundstrom on PLs line. I thought Arty was looking fine. I'm sure he must have made a mistake and then banished.

2019 draft....Turcotte not broken through. Bjornfot long gone. Arty is next. Thankfully, they took Spence that draft...and Lee (2019 7th) may yet play. Kings do better in the 7th round...Roy, Lee, Jamsen, Lawrence. Maybe Blake should ask for 3, 7 rd picks for Arty. We'll take your '24 7th, your '25 7th and '26 7th....."wait....what? I just offered our 2024 3rd"

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
its getting really difficult for me to watch the kings step on thier dicks over and over again and still be a fan.

To me is the lowest the Kings have been as a franchise since the mid-90's.

The turn of the century teams didn't trade nearly as much youth and first round picks, and when they did they brought in a star winger and a 2C. Those teams also were much more competitive in the playoffs, the Kings won more playoff games in 2001 alone (7 games, including a series win) than the Kings have won in Rob Blake's entire tenure as GM (6 wins, 0 playoff series wins)

The late stages Taylor/Murray era were bad, but I think many people realized the extraordinary circumstances that lead to that with the Allison/Deadmarsh stuff. Imagine how bad this current team would be if Kopitar and Kempe suddenly suffered career ending injuries at roughly the same time. And even during those dark times the team was still able to bring in arguably the two most important players in franchise history in Kopitar and Quick.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
It wouldn’t surprise me if BLuc blames Kaliyev for the PLD trade blowing up in their faces and making them look foolish. Like a “we needed you to step up and have a breakout season on PLD’s line to justify trading away Vilardi and you didn’t deliver” sort of situation. Based on the postseason press conference, they seem to have actual animus towards the player and with him being young and cheap he’s the easy scapegoat.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
All of this and a season tickets price increase

Well, tough to blame the Kings for that, everything continues to go up in price all over the country, especially so in CA.

This tends to happen when you create trillions of dollars of currency in a two year period. I'd be shocked if any team in the league isn't raising prices.

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Friedmann talks out out his ass a lot... a depth player with some edge...Kings need scorers and RWingers that shoot right, a LD-man and Numero Uno netminder and get the hell rid of Lizotte,Lewis already for some youngsters and have some speed and aren't knocked their asses every dam play

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
he should excel elsewhere. Don't see how LA wins a deal one for one with him as they have destroyed his value. Some of that blame should with Kaliyev. Too bad as I thought he was going to be a good middle 6 winger and PP guy.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't 'blame Kaliyev' any more than I blame any other young player trying to establish themselves in unfavorable conditions.

The reality is they wanted him to be a 4th liner and he doesn't have that kind of game no matter how much he 'works at it.'

Imagine drafting Tomas Vanek and being upset that he's not Trevor Lewis and instead of slotting guys correctly you trade them for pennies on the dollar and...move Lewis up.

LA drafts one-dimensional scorer

one-dimensional scorer acts as one-dimensional scorer

LA front office:

1717177815512.jpeg

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I don't 'blame Kaliyev' any more than I blame any other young player trying to establish themselves in unfavorable conditions.

The reality is they wanted him to be a 4th liner and he doesn't have that kind of game no matter how much he 'works at it.'

Imagine drafting Tomas Vanek and being upset that he's not Trevor Lewis and instead of slotting guys correctly you trade them for pennies on the dollar and...move Lewis up.
whilst I agree with your assessment based on the optics we don’t actually know what happened, nor do we know what was asked of him.

It may have been reasonable/sensible stuff that he didn’t deliver. They absolutely wanted and needed him to succeed and they did put him in the line up consistently for a period of time. His spot in the lineup is rightly up for discussion and criticism but they obviously wanted him to succeed and believed in him at one stage. It’s why I suspect there is blame to go around on this one.

I accept the overall track record makes it difficult to cut anyone in the organization any slack but it’s very rarely black and white.

I don’t buy the view that everything they do is wrong any more than everything they do is right (I know that is not what you are saying).

Reactions: bland and funky

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

LA front office:

View attachment 877922
For sure. LA's coaching is terrible at putting players in distinct roles, let alone putting players in distinct roles that match their skill set.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

LA front office:

View attachment 877922

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This shit is starting to get depressing.

We loose a shit ton in the PLD trade (cough Vilardi) and are stuck with him for like a century – Blake won't admit defeat and buy him out.

We lose Bjornfot (1st rounder) to waivers and now Kaliyev (high 2nd round) requesting a trade out of this organization (don't blame him).

5 OA Turcotte is 1 more concussion away from calling it quits.

We don't play many of the kids.

We have zero toughness and are not built for the post season whatsoever.

Still have no goalie besides a backup.

Blake has zero plan.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
whilst I agree with your assessment based on the optics we don’t actually know what happened, nor do we know what was asked of him.

It may have been reasonable/sensible stuff that he didn’t deliver. They absolutely wanted and needed him to succeed and they did put him in the line up consistently for a period of time. His spot in the lineup is rightly up for discussion and criticism but they obviously wanted him to succeed and believed in him at one stage. It’s why I suspect there is blame to go around on this one.

I accept the overall track record makes it difficult to cut anyone in the organization any slack but it’s very rarely black and white.

I don’t buy the view that everything they do is wrong any more than everything they do is right (I know that is not what you are saying).

That's exactly what it is, though.

If it were Kaliyev in a relative vacuum I could stomach it and move on

Frankly I don't care what goes on behind the scenes on Kaliyev when no matter who the player is or how they perform they get devalued until they're gone and perform elsewhere. These guys don't get slack/the benefit of the doubt at this point.

He'll just be the next to be successful elsewhere, score 25-30 goals, and 75% of us will have seen it coming, and the usual suspects will chirp the usual "well what was blake supposed to do", f***in book it like clockwork for every season for the last three, this dude is making me feel like Nostradamus at this point

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Friedmann talks out out his ass a lot... a depth player with some edge...Kings need scorers and RWingers that shoot right, a LD-man and Numero Uno netminder and get the hell rid of Lizotte,Lewis already for some youngsters and have some speed and aren't knocked their asses every dam play
He, far and away, is the most accurate of all of the talking heads in the NHL

Was hoping Blake could sale them on that when a prospect leaves here they usually excel lol
Well I'll be a....... you

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
That's exactly what it is, though.

If it were Kaliyev in a relative vacuum I could stomach it and move on

Frankly I don't care what goes on behind the scenes on Kaliyev when no matter who the player is or how they perform they get devalued until they're gone and perform elsewhere. These guys don't get slack/the benefit of the doubt at this point.

He'll just be the next to be successful elsewhere, score 25-30 goals, and 75% of us will have seen it coming, and the usual suspects will chirp the usual "well what was blake supposed to do", f***in book it like clockwork for every season for the last three, this dude is making me feel like Nostradamus at this point

All of this is just bullshit.....gone and perform elsewhere....who? JAD, Bjornfoot....who, Amadio? Went through 2 other teams first....no one here had the patience to wait 5 years for him....so...

Who? Who has been so devalued....that they've gone and performed elsewhere....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad