Player Discussion Kaiden Guhle

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
They should keep them together
Guhle seems to be taking to the RD role... You know, I was worried about Hutson playing this year (thought it was too early) and Guhle playing RD, and it looks like I am 100% wrong on both.

And not even playing in his correct spot yet either :D
Just how valuable he is
If him playing RD means he gets to play with Hutson, it might be the correct spot.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Guhle seems to be taking to the RD role... You know, I was worried about Hutson playing this year (thought it was too early) and Guhle playing RD, and it looks like I am 100% wrong on both.

If him playing RD means he gets to play with Hutson, it might be the correct spot.
Ideally KG plays on the left side. I believe we'll address that issue after this year. I don't mind them playing together this year but we do need to play to their strengths as we move forward as a team

Reactions: Goalfield13

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Ideally KG plays on the left side. I believe we'll address that issue after this year. I don't mind them playing together this year but we do need to play to their strengths as we move forward as a team
I am a bit worried about how they will try to address this in the short-term. I think Guhle is staying where he is this year and next unless we overpay via UFA or trade. Top 4 RD don't grow on trees, and we have no one in the pipeline that will reasonably be able to handle the role.

Deebs

Feb 5, 2014
I am a bit worried about how they will try to address this in the short-term. I think Guhle is staying where he is this year and next unless we overpay via UFA or trade. Top 4 RD don't grow on trees, and we have no one in the pipeline that will reasonably be able to handle the role.
Very possible that happens.

Reactions: Goalfield13

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

If Struble can play RD with Matheson and Savard with Xhekaj that would be good.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They should keep them together
It would be nice but those other pairings were sooo bad.
I just see a crap load of confusion when we get pressed.
The forwards in particular are useless it makes our D look much worse than they really are.
There aren't too many teams out there as bad as we are at outnumbering a team at the point of attack and coming away with the puck.
This hasn't changed one bit in three years.

Reactions: Mrb1p

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Struble can play RD with Matheson and Savard with Xhekaj that would be good.
I'm really hoping Struble can stay healthy. It's been a problem for him early in his career. I hope he got good guidance when he put on all of that muscle mass this summer. Otherwise his core won't be able to support it and he'll keep getting groin, hip flexor, etc... pulls and tears.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I didn't like the Hutson-Savard pairing due to the lack of speed, but Guhle with Hutson completely offsets that issue. Guhle is very, very mature in his game as well. They drafted a gem.Reinbacher has that mobility as well, but he's not at that level defensively.

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I didn't like the Hutson-Savard pairing due to the lack of speed, but Guhle with Hutson completely offsets that issue. Guhle is very, very mature in his game as well. They drafted a gem.Reinbacher has that mobility as well, but he's not at that level defensively.
I don't think DR has that level of skating, I'd put up Guhle against pretty much every single skater in the world and he'd hang or flat out be the better skater. The way he shut out Mcdavid that one time was awesome.

DR is still a good skater but not at that level.

Reactions: Jaynki

Deebs

Feb 5, 2014
I think eventually a Lane-Reinbacher pairing will happen which would allow KG his own pairing.

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Reinbacher

In a pure shutdown situation, a Guhle-Reinbacher combo should hopefully be the future.....ie, game on the line defending a 1 goal lead.

Imo of course

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad