Player Discussion Kaiden Guhle

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Still just two games but Guhle's play has been very encouraging considering he only got into one preseason game and had a shortened camp.
He is our best all around defenseman by a significant margin. He's the Nick Suzuki of our backend. Nothing flashy, just does everything well.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
They should keep them together
Guhle seems to be taking to the RD role... You know, I was worried about Hutson playing this year (thought it was too early) and Guhle playing RD, and it looks like I am 100% wrong on both.

And not even playing in his correct spot yet either :D
Just how valuable he is
If him playing RD means he gets to play with Hutson, it might be the correct spot.

Deebs

Feb 5, 2014
Guhle seems to be taking to the RD role... You know, I was worried about Hutson playing this year (thought it was too early) and Guhle playing RD, and it looks like I am 100% wrong on both.

If him playing RD means he gets to play with Hutson, it might be the correct spot.
Ideally KG plays on the left side. I believe we'll address that issue after this year. I don't mind them playing together this year but we do need to play to their strengths as we move forward as a team

Reactions: Goalfield13

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Ideally KG plays on the left side. I believe we'll address that issue after this year. I don't mind them playing together this year but we do need to play to their strengths as we move forward as a team
I am a bit worried about how they will try to address this in the short-term. I think Guhle is staying where he is this year and next unless we overpay via UFA or trade. Top 4 RD don't grow on trees, and we have no one in the pipeline that will reasonably be able to handle the role.

Deebs

Feb 5, 2014
I am a bit worried about how they will try to address this in the short-term. I think Guhle is staying where he is this year and next unless we overpay via UFA or trade. Top 4 RD don't grow on trees, and we have no one in the pipeline that will reasonably be able to handle the role.
Very possible that happens.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

If Struble can play RD with Matheson and Savard with Xhekaj that would be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad