Player Discussion Kaiden Guhle

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I don’t see the “physical” in his game as much as him getting rag dolled most nights. Not being afraid of pain perhaps is what people mean?

I love his skating, confidence, positioning…

Also I feel people conflate trade value and surplus of LHD with giving up on him somehow or wanting him traded.

Pretty insane the role this kid has had to fill, and on his weak side last season.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I believe it is gross negligence on development to have Guhle playing RD.. ofcourse this makes him susceptible to blind spots, and probably why hes had a few concussions.. all for what? A vet who is average at best LD with high upside Pt producing and PP... laughable that the rookie is tasked with the harder assignments..

This has to stop, befor Guhle gets injured further... or trade one of them before the season starts... matheson needs to be shipped out asap - so that Guhle can play LD... guhle is our future, matheson is not - i dont care how many gimme points he ends up with.. insane keeping him.

Pick one, and go from there.... enough faking it.. it's not working..

I seriously would prefer Barron playing top pair minutes with Guhle (as LD) than guhle on his off side with non core vet Matheson. Sell high, for the love of God..
Suzuki is entering prime years, future is now. Either Matheson or Ghule could be equally part of those years imo. Really different players too.

Reactions: themilosh

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don’t see the “physical” in his game as much as him getting rag dolled most nights. Not being afraid of pain perhaps is what people mean?

Also I feel people conflate trade value and surplus of LHD with giving up on him somehow or wanting him traded.

Pretty insane the role this kid has had to fill, and on his weak side last season.
If it’s most nights, I’m sure you have highlights of this happening….???

Reactions: Rapala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Don't forget he is also being asked to play on his off hand as well. I really like Matheson but he should be the one who is playing on his off hand imo and letting the kid stick to his strong side. I am sure there is a good reason for this that I am not aware of but it seems odd for the kid to switch in order to protect the vet's game.

This is how I would like to see the D set up to start the season.

Guhle - Matheson (or vice versa)
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron

7th D.... Struble/Harris

Laval

Reinbacher
Mailloux
Engstrom

* If Barron is traded then both Struble and Harris stay up and work in a rotation with Xhekaj and possibly Hutson.
* If Harris is traded Struble stays in Montreal and they rotate through Xhekaj/Barron/Struble and possibly Hutson
* If Struble is traded Harris stays up in the same rotation
* If nobody is traded Harris stays in Montreal and Struble goes to Laval
* If multiple dmen are traded.......IDFK :help:

Injuries will obviously play a major role here but there is no point in speculating about who will get hurt and for how long. If Hutson struggles he could very well end up in Laval but I suspect that he starts the season in Montreal.

Guhle still looks capable either way and it speaks to his versatility.

Some guys can't do it. I recall Robidas came on the habs roster and basically surprised everyone with how decent he was. However, the following year he was out on his offside and it was a very different story.

Coincidentally, robidas is behind the Habs bench now, and I wonder if he recalls his experiences on switching sides and how well guhle seems to adapt.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
If it’s most nights, I’m sure you have highlights of this happening….???
What do you mean, he’s flying across my tv screen all the time upside down and sideways. I think he’s “tough” in that he goes in traffic but he does not seem to scare any nhlers at all (unless we count 5’9” Marco Rossi), he should adjust his game or get big if he wants to survive.

I find his mobility much more of an asset, maybe he was hurting guys in jr?

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I am a big Matheson fan and don't think we should trade him just to open a spot as he is an elite PMD but I do agree that Guhle needs to play the left side. I would simply like to see Matheson tried on the right side.

I don't like Matheson on the PP as he doesn't process the game quick enough and allows the PK to reset instead of one-touching passes to the dots and bumper or breaking down the top of the diamond and penetrating the middle. His feet are elite and he can evade checkers and buy time but it just leaves the rest of the unit static while waiting for him to go through this ritual or when he continuously and needlessly dusts the puck off every time he gets it at the top of the Umbrella. This role needs to move to Hutson provided Hutson proves that he can be effective in the dzone.

Other than that I love Matheson's game as he makes so many exceptional defensive plays and zone exits that far outweigh the odd blunder. I am not saying that Matheson is untouchable by any means but the return would have to be outstanding as he is an incredible role model on and off of the ice for a developing team and an extremely valuable player on a great contract.

I just want to see Matheson tried on the right side or at the very least an explanation of why that isn't happening. In order to play on your offhand a dman needs to have great feet and an elevated level of puck skill which he definitely has. I am not sold on his IQ as being anything more than average and this may be the reason that they don't want to try him in this role.

We are largely in agreement about the need to get Guhle to the left side I just think that we are not aligned in our evaluation of Matheson's game and overall impact.
Don't get me wrong, i'd be happy having Matheson as my 2LD.. he's a good player and a West Islander, so he loves the Habs.

Problem is the scenarios to keep him (without moving Guhle) just don't work.. he can't play RD.. alot of people think it has to do with shots, but that's not the case..
Same with a winger who can play lw/rw or LS RS in soccer)... it's similar to a switch hitter in baseball.. players who can play both sides have to feel equilibrium, balance. There are routes/patterns all over the ice and depending on which "slip stream" your in your mind just makes the right calls... it's processing speed, and i think you pointed it out that mike is that 0.5sec slow on his decisions on the PP... and that's the difference as to why he would get seriously injured (and why Guhle is too)..

Both of them should NOT be on the Right side.. this just shows the glaring hole we've been dealing with during the rebuild, and why we were desperate to draft Reinbacher...
So unless Reinbacher/Mailloux stay healthy and become top 4, we STILL need more...

There is very little imo that seperates a playoff and non-playoff team. A little luck here or there, injury luck, that's it.

If Hugo can somehow turn Matheson or Guhle into their twin value but on the right side and just trade one of them, wed be in the hunt for a playoff next year.

Reactions: Gustave

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Key word is "kid".

Guhle is years away from his full frame-filled man strength.

He's 22. And while he doesn't play "mean" he does play "fearless". And he's incredibly smart & versatile.

Those qualities are the recipe for a long and big growth curve.

What he's going to be as an NHLer at 29-30-31, if he can avoid career altering injury, is special.
It's a lot easier for a one-two trick pony to make a big early impact. And most guys with first round talent fall into the trap of playing just to their strengths... What guhle has shown thus far is very encouraging for his long term development curve.

Mark Giordano, undrafted, at 22 was an AHLer, at 24 he was in the KHL... At 35 he was the best dman in the NHL. Like Guhle, he was a high versatility player not quite dominant in any one attribute... But relentless and committed to improving.

Guhle is a more skilled & more accomplished version of Giordano in his first NHL seasons...

Future is bright 😎

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Don't get me wrong, i'd be happy having Matheson as my 2LD.. he's a good player and a West Islander, so he loves the Habs.

Problem is the scenarios to keep him (without moving Guhle) just don't work.. he can't play RD.. alot of people think it has to do with shots, but that's not the case..
Same with a winger who can play lw/rw or LS RS in soccer)... it's similar to a switch hitter in baseball.. players who can play both sides have to feel equilibrium, balance. There are routes/patterns all over the ice and depending on which "slip stream" your in your mind just makes the right calls... it's processing speed, and i think you pointed it out that mike is that 0.5sec slow on his decisions on the PP... and that's the difference as to why he would get seriously injured (and why Guhle is too)..

Both of them should NOT be on the Right side.. this just shows the glaring hole we've been dealing with during the rebuild, and why we were desperate to draft Reinbacher...
So unless Reinbacher/Mailloux stay healthy and become top 4, we STILL need more...

There is very little imo that seperates a playoff and non-playoff team. A little luck here or there, injury luck, that's it.

If Hugo can somehow turn Matheson or Guhle into their twin value but on the right side and just trade one of them, wed be in the hunt for a playoff next year.
Left or right, its interesting to remember that last year when the Canadiens played against elite talent like McDavid, MacKinnon, etc., MSL would often have Matheson and Guhle on the ice together in an effort to shut down or at least minimize the impact of these star players. It was an effective strategy as Matheson and Guhle’s great mobility allowed them to close down the ice , space and time that these special players could operate in.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Left or right, its interesting to remember that last year when the Canadiens played against elite talent like McDavid, MacKinnon, etc., MSL would often have Matheson and Guhle on the ice together in an effort to shut down or at least minimize the impact of these star players. It was an effective strategy as Matheson and Guhle’s great mobility allowed them to close down the ice , space and time that these special players could operate in.
It has nothing to with physical/athletic ability... wh8ch both these defenders are..
It's something you are born with like being ambidextrous.. or an artist using the left side of their brain, etc...
Or even your second language.. while I am able to carry on a coversation in French, or watch RDS read the Journale.. make no mistake i could never demonstrate 1/100th the comprehension as i do in English..
This is how i feel what the Habs are doing to Guhle.. they're hurting his true ceiling (and puting him in harms way)..

Reactions: Gustave

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

I agree that with most of what you are saying and if Matheson absolutely can not play the right side then I agree that trading him might be the best move as long as the return is really good.

Having played both sides I can tell you that the difference isn't about different patterns or mindsets as they are identically mirrored problem solving exercises. The only issue is that when you are on the off hand you are forced to pass from you backhand through the middle of the ice where you are less accurate, less confident and are not able to get the same zip on the pass or elevate it with any consistency. You are also forced to use your feet far more due to the backhand options being too risky and either needing to buy time and space or to deftly manoeuvre to your forehand which create further opportunities to get hammered or to turn the puck over. The switch hitting comparison doesn't work at all as you are still using the same mechanics whereas in baseball your arms are performing/synchronizing very dissimilar actions and combining them into a singular action. The comparable in hockey would be if Matheson/Guhle switched to shooting right handed when moving to the right side which is not going to happen.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I agree that with most of what you are saying and if Matheson absolutely can not play the right side then I agree that trading him might be the best move as long as the return is really good.

Having played both sides I can tell you that the difference isn't about different patterns or mindsets as they are identically mirrored problem solving exercises. The only issue is that when you are on the off hand you are forced to pass from you backhand through the middle of the ice where you are less accurate, less confident and are not able to get the same zip on the pass or elevate it with any consistency. You are also forced to use your feet far more due to the backhand options being too risky and either needing to buy time and space or to deftly manoeuvre to your forehand which create further opportunities to get hammered or to turn the puck over. The switch hitting comparison doesn't work at all as you are still using the same mechanics whereas in baseball your arms are performing/synchronizing very dissimilar actions and combining them into a singular action. The comparable in hockey would be if Matheson/Guhle switched to shooting right handed when moving to the right side which is not going to happen.
Fair enough with switch hitting, my point was understanding the pitch route and as it is viewed by the batter..
You are absolutely correct that the right/left side is a mirror inage of the pathways/routes on the ice... using yourself as an example, your ability to play bith wings or both sides of the ice (however) has nithibg to do with options from backhand to forehand (but rather) how to accurately read the positioning necessary to accomplish the task..
Not all players can play both (is my point) as it is a function of utilizing the creative side of the brain to work in unicen with mirror imaging... nothing to do with how "good" the athlete is..
If it were that easy, then there would never be a need to draft D according to their shot.
To quip: bith Guhle and Matheson are definately NOT (and should not) play the right side..
Effectively, we are taking a great player (definitive top 2) and placing them on their "weak" side in hopes (only) they can fill the void.. it doesnt work, unless they've been doing it their whole lives.. ask yourself if Guhle was a top 2 D on the Left side, but a top 4 D on the right, with a few blind spots that cause injury - would you consider that asset management? I would think not - hence why I am adament, we are NOTHING until (and if) oyr RHD prospects fulfill their potential.. thats a lot of risk/pressure on Reinbacher/Mailloux and LHD Guhle..

If we are trading Guhle is a RHD, then we will get the equivalent return of a top 4 Dman.. but he is a top pair LHD.. this is why Matheson should be the asset moved to build and solidify our D.

Edit add* i equate playing both positions would be similar to playing Treble / Clef R/L and vice versa Clef/Treble L/R on the piano... some incredible pianists could only play one way.. the reason Guhle is playing RD is because the HABS are PATHETIC at RD, and are scrambling at anything to plug the hole. We are puting Guhle at risk playing him on his "weak" side. This insanity has to stop.
Why fake what we are? Why keep Matheson as our LHD1 in some attempt to make everyone think we have a 60pt pmd 1LD? BS. Play our game.. we can be a left heavy D, but id rather play 100% from the Leftside, than 80% from each..

Cmon guys.. the NHL is way beyond the old days of "heart" or "farm boy"... every single position has a depth 3 deep, and every single depth player is ready to replace each other in the ladder.. there is no more draft for top 12, hope they are a top 6, but happy to have then as a bottom 6. You draft accordinging need, according to your depth weaknesses (rnd 4-7).. if you are drafting a top line player, that is the measuring stick - 1st liner.. (bottom half of 1st round) you draft 2nd liners, not 1st line (sneakers), though you hope for that..
After 2 rounds, you are not drafting for 1st line talent, at all.... bottom 6, bottom 2, black aces, AHL talent... this where a lot of pro teams eff up in drafting... after the first 2 rounds, everything else is depth appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Fair enough with switch hitting, my point was understanding the pitch route and as it is viewed by the batter..
You are absolutely correct that the right/left side is a mirror inage of the pathways/routes on the ice... using yourself as an example, your ability to play bith wings or both sides of the ice (however) has nithibg to do with options from backhand to forehand (but rather) how to accurately read the positioning necessary to accomplish the task..
Not all players can play both (is my point) as it is a function of utilizing the creative side of the brain to work in unicen with mirror imaging... nothing to do with how "good" the athlete is..
If it were that easy, then there would never be a need to draft D according to their shot.
To quip: bith Guhle and Matheson are definately NOT (and should not) play the right side..
Effectively, we are taking a great player (definitive top 4) and placing them on their "weak" side in hopes (only) they can fill the void.. it doesnt work, unless they've been doing it their whole lives.. ask yourself if Guhle was a top 2 D on the Left side, but a top 4 D on the right, with a few blind spots that cause injury - would you consider that asset management? I would think not - hence why I am adament, we are NOTHING until (and if) oyr RHD prospects fulfill their potential.. thats a lot of risk/pressure on Reinbacher/Mailloux and LHD Guhle..

If we are trading Guhle is a RHD, then we will get the equivalent return of a top 4 Dman.. but he is a top pair LHD.. this is why Matheson should be the asset moved to build and solidify our D..
The piano comparison does not work at all as the conversation at hand has nothing at all to do with the brain operating differently on the left and the right. Piano requires both arms to work independent of each other and is an entirely different type of exercise. A hockey player always has both hands on the same stick and often with both on the same side of their body and are forced to move together in unison as they are tethered by the stick. I love your attempts to explain this but you are on a wayward vessel that needs to find the light house again and return home. It is not like dmen are entirely unfamiliar with their off hand as they end up there many times a game due to breakdowns and necessary switch-offs, they just aren't as good at it because they are at a disadvantage that they must learn to mitigate in a manner that they would never have to do if they were immediately on their forehand.

The backhand issue is the primary issue and likely the only issue with switching sides and in all of my years playing/coaching I have never heard a single player say that they can't read the ice from the other side. Usually players who are better skaters and/or have better puck skills are the ones who are successful in this transition as they can create time and space to get back to their forehand/open ice. It quite literally has nothing at all with different perceptions from opposite sides.

The outlet lanes for high percentage breakout/transitional passes are from outside of the dots all the way to the boards. Dmen play with their back to their goalie and off handed dmen have their forehand sitting in high turnover areas where they typically need to escape from by skating to the outlet lanes but they are on their backhand when they get there and this often requires deft stickhandling and quick feet to navigate through these dangerous areas and even when they get there on their backhand they often need to quickly spin to their forehand or continue to accelerate up ice. Most dmen can not do this on a remotely consistent basis. Dmen playing on their strong side already have their stick close to the outlet lanes and it only takes a stride or two to remove themselves from the middle where turnovers are frequent and costly and are ready to pass immediately upon reaching safety as they are already on their forehand. It also requires a heightened level of anticipation to play off handed in order to provide dmen with a split second advantage that can often mean the difference between success and disaster.....this is the part that I feel Matheson may be lacking in as there is no question about his feet and skill and is the only possible reson that they are not trying him there.

The link above also outlines other scenarios in other zones as well as repeating the example that I gave but in much less detail lol....you will notice that they are all related to a dman being forced to play on their backhand as well as the benefits of playing offhanded which are heavily outnumbered by the liabilities but are there nonetheless for players with the ability to play this role.

We are usually in agreement and in this case we are as well as we agree on the macro.....the micro is where it is getting dicey.

Anyways...l appreciate you and you at least attempt to present a well thought out argument, which I will always respect.

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
The piano comparison does not work at all as the conversation at hand has nothing at all to do with the brain operating differently on the left and the right. Piano requires both arms to work independent of each other and is an entirely different type of exercise. A hockey player always has both hands on the same stick and often with both on the same side of their body and are forced to move together in unison as they are tethered by the stick. I love your attempts to explain this but you are on a wayward vessel that needs to find the light house again and return home. It is not like dmen are entirely unfamiliar with their off hand as they end up there many times a game due to breakdowns and necessary switch-offs, they just aren't as good at it because they are at a disadvantage that they must learn to mitigate in a manner that they would never have to do if they were immediately on their forehand.

The backhand issue is the primary issue and likely the only issue with switching sides and in all of my years playing/coaching I have never heard a single player say that they can't read the ice from the other side. Usually players who are better skaters and/or have better puck skills are the ones who are successful in this transition as they can create time and space to get back to their forehand/open ice. It quite literally has nothing at all with different perceptions from opposite sides.

The outlet lanes for high percentage breakout/transitional passes are from outside of the dots all the way to the boards. Dmen play with their back to their goalie and off handed dmen have their forehand sitting in high turnover areas where they typically need to escape from by skating to the outlet lanes but they are on their backhand when they get there and this often requires deft stickhandling and quick feet to navigate through these dangerous areas and even when they get there on their backhand they often need to quickly spin to their forehand or continue to accelerate up ice. Most dmen can not do this on a remotely consistent basis. Dmen playing on their strong side already have their stick close to the outlet lanes and it only takes a stride or two to remove themselves from the middle where turnovers are frequent and costly and are ready to pass immediately upon reaching safety as they are already on their forehand. It also requires a heightened level of anticipation to play off handed in order to provide dmen with a split second advantage that can often mean the difference between success and disaster.....this is the part that I feel Matheson may be lacking in as there is no question about his feet and skill and is the only possible reson that they are not trying him there.

The link above also outlines other scenarios in other zones as well as repeating the example that I gave but in much less detail lol....you will notice that they are all related to a dman being forced to play on their backhand as well as the benefits of playing offhanded which are heavily outnumbered by the liabilities but are there nonetheless for players with the ability to play this role.

We are usually in agreement and in this case we are as well as we agree on the macro.....the micro is where it is getting dicey.

Anyways...l appreciate you and you at least attempt to present a well thought out argument, which I will always respect.
Yeah i know we agree, and we both tend to ramble here anyways (others stop reading) lol... im on board for all the physical explanations you cited or wrote - i get it... im trying to explain (away) that 0.5 second processing speed.. i played C almost all my life, but had no issues as LW/RW.. ofcourse the cutting depends on what the play requires, it's the positioning of the head/body that has to be perfect or you can get blindsided (0.5 seconds to slow to react). Thats the pattern recognition required to play either side.. we can teach kids till the cows come home, to play their opposite sides... but if they dont have the mind for it, it wont matter how gifted athletically they are.

Here's a good question i dont know the answer to: would it be similar to a Left guard swapping to a Right if their QB switched arms? I would think most could do it "short term" but in the long run would suffer needless mistakes that could injure them..

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yeah i know we agree, and we both tend to ramble here anyways (others stop reading) lol... im on board for all the physical explanations you cited or wrote - i get it... im trying to explain (away) that 0.5 second processing speed.. i played C almost all my life, but had no issues as LW/RW.. ofcourse the cutting depends on what the play requires, it's the positioning of the head/body that has to be perfect or you can get blindsided (0.5 seconds to slow to react). Thats the pattern recognition required to play either side.. we can teach kids till the cows come home, to play their opposite sides... but if they dont have the mind for it, it wont matter how gifted athletically they are.

Here's a good question i dont know the answer to: would it be similar to a Left guard swapping to a Right if their QB switched arms? I would think most could do it "short term" but in the long run would suffer needless mistakes that could injure them..

I don't think that there is an adequate example in any sport as football definitely doesn't work as the technique is identical regardless of what side you are on especially in the example that you gave where a guard might move to the side where the QB's blindside needs protection. It is the fact that hockey players use a stick that is not equally effective from both sides due the the curve of the stick and the different mechanics that are used to propel the puck from either side of the blade that make this discussion unique to hockey. As a defender I was always positioning my stick to encourage/force attackers to their back hand where they were far less dangerous as their shooting threat is almost entirely removed as well as their ability to pass the puck over sticks or through seams with pace. I would try to force them to curl back to the top or where the forwards were encouraged to do the same or to rim it around where we could attempt to contest possession. The only correlation with the football scenario is a guard may be more effective on the side where his stronger/dominant arm is in its preferred location as some might prefer it on the inside and others might prefer it on the outside depending on what their preferred technique is.

If lacrosse was played in a smaller arena I could see handedness being important when time and space are at a minimum.

I don't want to go full Galaxy brain and demonstrate some Dunning Kruger type conclusions as I am starting to do here so I will cut myself off on this diatribe lol.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

How many 20-22 YO do you know that can hold their own against pros and not look stupid? Seider got his ass owned, Slaf did, even Ovi did. These guys have been training for 15+ years and the young guys have 5-7 years of gym time.

It is very short sighted of you.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
How many 20-22 YO do you know that can hold their own against pros and not look stupid? Seider got his ass owned, Slaf did, even Ovi did. These guys have been training for 15+ years and the young guys have 5-7 years of gym time.

It is very short sighted of you.
hmmm hang on, I’m really impressed with him and hope he’ll be around for his prime years.

I just don’t find this “physical” label many are throwing around to apply to him - at all - right now… Fearless, perhaps but he scares no one as it is. I’m even a bit scared for him. As you say he’s only 22 years old and has tons of room to get stronger.. He has other, much better attributes than physicality that clearly stand out.

About our bogus hf trade proposals (none of which I made), LHD is the only logjam on the team, and the kid has obvious value is all I mean.

Reactions: MasterD

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
hmmm hang on, I’m really impressed with him and hope he’ll be around for his prime years.

I just don’t find this “physical” label many are throwing around to apply to him - at all - right now… Fearless, perhaps but he scares no one as it is. I’m even a bit scared for him. As you say he’s only 22 years old and has tons of room to get stronger.. He has other, much better attributes than physicality that clearly stand out.

About our bogus hf trade proposals (none of which I made), LHD is the only logjam on the team, and the kid has obvious value is all I mean.
Okay then do you know any 20-22 years old that scare NHLers?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's one, a physical 6'7 specimen that is clearly an outlier. I suspect Slaf is going to be another.
How about Xjekaj?

I’m not body shaming him lol, I’m saying those calling him physical are mis-labelling in my opinion.
He's physical though, him being physically immature doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

I don't believe it is a conflation at all, it is much more of a case that those suggesting that we trade him don't seem to understand that he is still quite early in his development curve and subscribe overtly conservative developmental projections when it comes to Guhle. He does get pushed around a little by the stronger players on the league but he is still adding mass and strength and the biggest reason that he loses some of these battles is trhat he is not afraid to take these players on.

The kid won't even turn 23 until next January 18th......patience is imperative when dealing with young dmen. I believe he will be an absolute stud as long as concussions don't derail him. This reminds me of the Primeau conversation where posters were actually calling him a bust while entirely disregarding the commonly long developmental process for goaltenders.

Acting like Guhle is a physically challenged defensive dman who can skate and determining that this is likely to be his future and moving him now would just be an egregiously poor example of asset management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad