Player Discussion Kaiden Guhle

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems like Slavin took a really team friendly contract though. I wouldn't be surprised if Guhle got a similar contract, even though he is a lesser player, because I expect the market value to be at that pricetag.

Anything less Would be a team friendly deal in my mind.
Slavin will also be 31 when the contract begins. That’s why it’s that low. If he was going to be 29 at the start it would be into the $7’s for sure.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
What a great young player

Attachments

• IMG_2663.jpeg
    IMG_2663.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
That's not the point. The point is he's not worth 7-8M$ a year, at least not at this point.

6M$ is the highest I'd go, and even that's a stretch. Potential is high, but there's a decent chance he never actually gets much better than Ben Chariot ever was. A good old Canadian, top-4 rugged dman.
You are absolutely correct the more points per game a defender can put up the higher AAV. Gone are the days when a dominant defence first D man is valued vis-à-vis point producing D.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't see how Guhle can ask for anything close to 7-8m personally. I'd have guessed he would end up somewhere around 5m, maybe 5.5 on a longer term deal.
Sanderson got 8.05

It's the closest comparable. They overpaid so we have to expect 1m less IMO, that's fair market, anything under that is freebies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Sanderson got 8.05

It's the closest comparable. They overpaid so we have to expect 1m less IMO, that's fair market, anything under that is freebies.

Sanderson has been significantly healthier, AND more productive on a per game basis. He's averaged more TOI in both of their seasons and is 6 months younger with a higher draft pedigree.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sanderson has been significantly healthier, AND more productive on a per game basis. He's averaged more TOI in both of their seasons and is 6 months younger with a higher draft pedigree.
Sanderson played the powerplay, that is the only difference. Guhle outproduced him in both seasons at 5v5. The perceived difference in their offensive impact is completely artificial.

23 5v5 points
30 5v5 points

A 50 game difference to put up 7 more points, in substantially easier minutes. Guhle played the 6th hardest minutes in the NHL for Ds.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Guhle is always injured I wouldnt commit to a long term contract unless its pretty good deal. Hes got heart and good game but at some point its starting to be a problem.

Reactions: 417

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Guhle is always injured I wouldnt commit to a long term contract unless its pretty good deal. Hes got heart and good game but at some point its starting to be a problem.
I don't know why but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the odd man out in a trade. He's definitely not untouchable.

I’m getting Romanov trade vibe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaynki and Habs7631

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I don't know why but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the odd man out in a trade. He's definitely not untouchable.

100% agree

I think Hutson, Matheson and Xhekaj are our LD for the next decade.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
100% agree

If Reinbacher or Mailloux explode on the scene, look for Guhle to move to the left, one of the aforementioned to the right on that first pairing and Matheson to be traded at next years (2026) deadline.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

If management decided to move Guhlw due to the injuries, I think he'd have even more trade value than Romanov had.

But having Reinbacher and Guhle really should solidify the D. They are the two way Foundational building blocks of the dcore.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd tie Guhle's contract to just how much lean strong meat he can add to his frame.
The more lean strong meat the longer the term. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Tyson

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
100% agree

For the next decade if Guble is traded, I see Adam Engstrom more than Mike Matheson.

But, trade Guhle would be a huge mistake, he have such leadership in him, he have all tools to become a top pairing D, the only concern with him, it's like Dach. About his injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad