Value of: Kaiden Ghule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I’d imagine his value is similar to like romonav?

Mid 1st range, but habs should just keep him… they can move picks and lesser prospects to find forward help
I would say his value is greater than that of Romanov. Romanov had a career high of 13 pts when we traded him. Ghule doesn't provide that physicality but he is as good defensively and better offensively.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would say his value is greater than that of Romanov. Romanov had a career high of 13 pts when we traded him. Ghule doesn't provide that physicality but he is as good defensively and better offensively.
Maybe, I just kinda used it as a bar… maybe guhle gets a piece added…. Not sure anyone is moving a top 10 pick for guhle, but I could def see a middle 1st +

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Ducks don’t really need guhle, we have Mintyukov/zellweger/fowler and plenty of lhd in the system, and especially not for zegras.

Maybe Reinbacher would interest us, as we are weaker on rhd(luneau and gudas, rest are a ways away)
I was throwing a name who I feel have similar value for the sake of the thread. I have no interest in moving Guhle even for Zegras. I was speaking purely in terms of value

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
i think it's that your comparing him to the rest of the habs blueline. he probably looks like a rockstar in that light.

Quite the opposite. The Habs roster context has had a limiting rather than amplifying impact on his performance.

Few dmen his age/development stage would be performing as well as he has in the situation he's in.

Reactions: Draft

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Guhle isn't going anywhere. They'll trade one of the others first.
It all depends on the return, though. If it's trading to make room for kids coming in, Guhle isn't going anywhere. If it's trading to get a high-end forward, he's the one who should be able to return one, it's just a question of whether a good enough one can be obtained.

To put it otherwise, Montreal will need to trade D, and it could take the form of
-Guhle and Winnipeg's first for Zegras (or Necas, or some other 60+ point forward)
OR
Harris for a 3d.

I'm aim for a guy like Newhook was a year ago (Tomasino was mentioned elsewhere) for assets other than Guhle or Montreal's 1st, but that's just me.

• Haha
Reactions: OTB and jellybeans

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It all depends on the return, though. If it's trading to make room for kids coming in, Guhle isn't going anywhere. If it's trading to get a high-end forward, he's the one who should be able to return one, it's just a question of whether a good enough one can be obtained.

To put it otherwise, Montreal will need to trade D, and it could take the form of
-Guhle and Winnipeg's first for Zegras (or Necas, or some other 60+ point forward)
OR
Harris for a 3d.

I'm aim for a guy like Newhook was a year ago (Tomasino was mentioned elsewhere) for assets other than Guhle or Montreal's 1st, but that's just me.
Neither team would consider that.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With the recent Byram-Mittelstadt, it got it me thinking as the Habs need to do this kind of trade. The team has more than enough D-man in the lineup and in the system but lacks good forwards.

What would Ghule's value be? He's 1 year younger than Byram. At this point, he's not as a good but he does not have the concussion history Byram has so I think it evens out.

Also as a reference, Romanov was traded for the 13th overall pick in the 2022 draft before that pick being traded for Kirby Dach.

What kind of top 6 forward could Kaiden Guhle return?
No, you won't get nothing. You just wasting your time on here. I was laughed off the board asking for a first for Monahan. All I was offered was a 3rd rounder for Monahan on here. You not going to get nothing for Guhle. Just delete your post.!

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

OR
Harris for a 3d.

I don't think Anaheim does that, and I'm quite certain Montreal doesn't. Guhle is a cornerstone top pairing d that can comfortably play either side of the ice. I'm not trading that, a first, and another piece(? [I'm having difficulty understanding what Harris/3d has to do with it]). Top pairing d, which he is already and should only improve, begets a top line player. I don't believe Necas or Zegras are first line C's.

If I'm trading Guhle, it has to be for an elite level scoring winger.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With the recent Byram-Mittelstadt, it got it me thinking as the Habs need to do this kind of trade. The team has more than enough D-man in the lineup and in the system but lacks good forwards.

What would Ghule's value be? He's 1 year younger than Byram. At this point, he's not as a good but he does not have the concussion history Byram has so I think it evens out.

Also as a reference, Romanov was traded for the 13th overall pick in the 2022 draft before that pick being traded for Kirby Dach.

What kind of top 6 forward could Kaiden Guhle return?
I know the answer to this question.

Jon Drouin!

Or maybe Cozens and Buffalo can role the deepest NHL defense since the 1970s.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Injury concerns are the only reason I'd trade him, which are valid. Dude is a stud but he needs to get stronger

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Montreal will need a defenceman or 2 at some point. But it's not going to be Guhle

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I don't think Anaheim does that, and I'm quite certain Montreal doesn't. Guhle is a cornerstone top pairing d that can comfortably play either side of the ice. I'm not trading that, a first, and another piece(? [I'm having difficulty understanding what Harris/3d has to do with it]). Top pairing d, which he is already and should only improve, begets a top line player. I don't believe Necas or Zegras are first line C's.

If I'm trading Guhle, it has to be for an elite level scoring winger.
My point was that Harris would be another option to trade (and some of the D will need to be moved sooner or later, with Hutson and Reinbacher arriving this season, Barron and Mailloux in the pipeline, and other kids on the way), and right now he wouldn't be worth more than a 3d or so. Best case, he's worth a stalled forward prospect like Berggren.

Would we rather be playing Zegras and Harris or Guhle and Berggren ?

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I’d imagine his value is similar to like romonav?

It should be way more.

Ghule doesn't provide that physicality but he is as good defensively and better offensively.

Guhle's actually a pretty physical D-Man as can be Kovacevic, Savard and even Matheson but strangely because, I think, of Xhekaj they all seem softer. It's like Arber's hyper-physicality has made everyone else slack off. Also St-Louis doesn't appear to like his guys to get any penalties that he deems unnecessary.

I mean if Drysdale +2nd could get you Gauthier... and in my humble opinion Guhle will end up a better defenseman than Drysdale.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hey let's trade a just-turned 22 y.o, dman playing 20+, first-pairing minutes when habs fans seem to have amnesia about McD and Sergachev.
A kid who was on pace for about 40 pts as a 21 yo last year.
He's not getting traded, regardless of what the regular, flock of hab-troll takers believe his value is.

Habs are usually dressing 4 Dmen under 23 each night. They'll be fine.
Hughes has 24 picks and 4, 1sts in the next two drafts. He'll draft and find young forwards in other ways.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
My point was that Harris would be another option to trade (and some of the D will need to be moved sooner or later, with Hutson and Reinbacher arriving this season, Barron and Mailloux in the pipeline, and other kids on the way), and right now he wouldn't be worth more than a 3d or so. Best case, he's worth a stalled forward prospect like Berggren.

Would we rather be playing Zegras and Harris or Guhle and Berggren ?
At some point we'll have to move someone out. That might be Harris, and no the return wouldn't be as good. That doesn't mean you trade Guhle just because you can, and if I do it's for someone better than Zegras (knowing Guhle would be part of a package). They'd also be a legit scoring winger.

I'm not prepared to throw Dach out with the bathwater at this point. I think he can be better than Zegras. Certainly a more complete player. He's also cheaper for the time being. So, I'd rather roll with Guhle, Dach, and whatever I can get for Harris if needed.

I'm not convinced that Montreal burns a year of Hutson's deal for a handful of games. Goes for Reinbacher too. Let them play out their years and go the WC.

Reactions: viceroy

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs greatest weakness today is their defense because of the development of young dmen. So what does the OP propose? To Trade our most developed and promising young dman! LOL

Stupidity at its finest.

We need our young D and prospect D to develop into a Guhle quickly so that we can compete. Currently, of your young D only Guhle is top-4 level. Hutson and Reinbacher are years from being at Guhle's level.

Reactions: viceroy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad