Value of: Kadri

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
What would other teams offer for Kadri?

The Avs still need a #2C, but if the Avs could potentially work out a trade for Kadri, they could flip those assets for a long-term #2C such as Hertl (potentially in a 3-way trade).
Absolutely asinine trading Kadri.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He's going to be 32-33 by the time the 4x4 kicks in and to be honest, I don't care about him being a 50+ point 2C. I care that Dv and Suzuki are 60-80 point center and he's a solid 200ft 3C that can chip 30-40 points. Can also step up if the other 2 get hurt.

Evans concerns me. He may be one hit away from a career ender and not exactly a offensive threat plus if Poehling isn't in the NHL this year, he will never be.

With K and Dv/Suzuki, I'm good on our center situation.

Got one zero too many in there, 90% of the value he brings to your team is within 20 feet of the opponent's net. People saw him dummy McDavid a couple times and assumed he's some sort of Selke contender. He's good at 1v1 assignments and agitating stars on the other team but absolutely terrible for watching and chasing pucks in his own D-zone, he doesn't process the game quickly on D at all.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Leafs can do picks+prospects+Kerfoot and Engvall
Robertson+protected 1st+(Kerfoot+Engvall=salary out)
Kerfoot can play till you guys find a legit 2c. Robertson has a killer shot and should be NHL ready some time this yr or for sure next yr.

Kadri would be good as our 3c between Bunting and Kase
We already have a guy that’s no help to us in the playoffs, we call him Mitch Marner. But at least he’s physically on the ice and not suspended in the press box

pass

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Newhook could also be a long term solution at 2C. Or are you already calling him a "half-measure"?

Theres a chance, but I highly doubt he’ll be an ideal #2C during this window, or at least the next 1-2 years. So yes, I’d call him a half-measure until he proves otherwise. With how weak the rest of our 2nd line is, I’m not confident Newhook can carry a line like Hertl could.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Theres a chance, but I highly doubt he’ll be an ideal #2C during this window, or at least the next 1-2 years. So yes, I’d call him a half-measure until he proves otherwise. With how weak the rest of our 2nd line is, I’m not confident Newhook can carry a line like Hertl could.

Considering he's only played a handful of NHL games, I don't think anyone is confident that Newhook will be able to carry a line as a 2C. I'd still rather give him a shot to show what he can do this season before we make a bunch of moves to try to ensure that he never gets the chance. Best case, we keep all of our assets and have a 2C. Worst case, we can try to sign Hertl as a UFA.

But, I also struggle with the idea that Hertl is a long term solution. He currently has a $5.625 cap hit, and could easily be in the $7m range in UFA. We're already near the cap with Kadri at $4.5m, and have some expensive decisions to make in the near future, so I'm not sure where the extra cap space is coming from.

andrew george

Feb 9, 2019
What would other teams offer for Kadri?

The Avs still need a #2C, but if the Avs could potentially work out a trade for Kadri, they could flip those assets for a long-term #2C such as Hertl (potentially in a 3-way trade).
kadri 1/2 retained and a 1st for kerfoot

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Considering he's only played a handful of NHL games, I don't think anyone is confident that Newhook will be able to carry a line as a 2C. I'd still rather give him a shot to show what he can do this season before we make a bunch of moves to try to ensure that he never gets the chance. Best case, we keep all of our assets and have a 2C. Worst case, we can try to sign Hertl as a UFA.

But, I also struggle with the idea that Hertl is a long term solution. He currently has a $5.625 cap hit, and could easily be in the $7m range in UFA. We're already near the cap with Kadri at $4.5m, and have some expensive decisions to make in the near future, so I'm not sure where the extra cap space is coming from.
Hertl is probably getting around $8m. $7m would be a great deal.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The extra assets from Kadri could be the difference between trading for a long-term solution and being stuck with half-measures.
Kadri, with his track record is too big a gamble for a legit playoff team. That $4.5 mill cap hit is hard to replace if he gets suspended again in the playoffs and we are talking likely a 10 game suspension for another incident along the same lines as the ones he's had in the playoffs.

At best, he's someone a borderline playoff team would take a chance on to get into the playoffs and/or win a round.

But, you are talking futures, not help right now.

Colorado is probably just going to keep him and roll with him for this final year of his contract. If they need to unload his cap hit to find a deal to upgrade their roster, maybe he does get moved at the TDL.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Kadri's in great form right now.

1 goal + 5 assists in 3 preseason games (team-leading 6 points).

1 goal + 3 assists in 2 regular season games (team-leading 4 points).

That's 10 points in his last 5 games including preseason, while playing the majority of the time as the teams 1C with Mackinnon out, and also without being on PP1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad