Value of: Kadri

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ah I see what you meant now. Read it as he has been a non-factor rather than they haven’t gotten past the second round since he joined. My bad.

All the same his value is low after last post season, but I think he’s still a 50-60 point guy. Especially if his RW options are Bura and Rantanen.
That is cool. I was a bit confused. He is a good player. I was responding to the person who wanted to give our first and top prospect for him.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Leafs can do picks+prospects+Kerfoot and Engvall
Robertson+protected 1st+(Kerfoot+Engvall=salary out)
Kerfoot can play till you guys find a legit 2c. Robertson has a killer shot and should be NHL ready some time this yr or for sure next yr.

Kadri would be good as our 3c between Bunting and Kase
Not adding to Kerfoot to relive the Kadri sideshow again. Thx but no thx

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Not to mention I hope that Kerfoot stays a Leaf for the rest of his career.

The fact that Leafs nation seems to simultaneously love him yet put him in EVERY trade proposal never fails to make me smile.
I can’t speak for those who want to move him for draft picks just to “clear cap” there are lots of leaf fans with lots of opinions. Most see the value he brings, especially come playoff time and the chemistry he’s found with one of our better players in Nylander. He’s versatile and pretty much plug and play, but he’s also the only real middle salary guy on the team where you can conceivably get better “value” cap wise, so when the next round of salary increases (next offseason for Campbell & Rielly) or to provide cap ballast for an upgrade (Forsberg Hertl Etc) he definitely needs to be included.
you can like the player and still see the big picture cap wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
After this season, Kadri will want/get a 5.5M-6M contract. Ugh.

He is a good 3C who can score 20g and 50pts, but with his being a playoff head-case, and the money he'll cost next year........no thanks.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Leafs can do picks+prospects+Kerfoot and Engvall
Robertson+protected 1st+(Kerfoot+Engvall=salary out)
Kerfoot can play till you guys find a legit 2c. Robertson has a killer shot and should be NHL ready some time this yr or for sure next yr.

Kadri would be good as our 3c between Bunting and Kase

Wat tooooooo much for Kadri (and I liked him) for him to be attractive Colorado would have to retain some salary, even then your proposal would need a severe hair cut.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I want him for the Habs. Since it's the Habs, it "should" cost Romanov, Suzuki and CC.....:shakehead.....that or a late 2nd.

He was a huge Habs fan and I don't mind him backing up the young centers for another 3-4 years. I think the headache thing is overblown, but yes, he's got a burr in his saddle.

He's not going to get a 5x5 in this day and age. More like 4x4 to close his career and that's good value for the first 2 years...and mehh for the second 2..

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not to mention I hope that Kerfoot stays a Leaf for the rest of his career.

The fact that Leafs nation seems to simultaneously love him yet put him in EVERY trade proposal never fails to make me smile.

If I had a dollar each time Kerfoot was mentioned in a trade, I could buy the Habs...and Leafs. :laugh:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kadri to NYR for Strome.
Both UFA's to be.
3 yr age gap?
Kadri is more skilled and brings more grit. But Strome already has chemistry with Panarin regardless of how much skill Strome has. He's also one of the most liked players in the room by teammates. Both being UFA, I'd stay with Strome.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I want him for the Habs. Since it's the Habs, it "should" cost Romanov, Suzuki and CC.....:shakehead.....that or a late 2nd.

He was a huge Habs fan and I don't mind him backing up the young centers for another 3-4 years. I think the headache thing is overblown, but yes, he's got a burr in his saddle.

He's not going to get a 5x5 in this day and age. More like 4x4 to close his career and that's good value for the first 2 years...and mehh for the second 2..
4x4 isn't good value. It's fantastic value if you think he's back to putting up 50 points.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
true, but if he can not get suspended and we can get out of the 1st round he could be a game breaker for us.

He's never coming back to the Leafs. He had multiple issues with Management, called out publicly for a lack of maturity, and internal suspension. They don't want him for free.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
4x4 isn't good value. It's fantastic value if you think he's back to putting up 50 points.
He's going to be 32-33 by the time the 4x4 kicks in and to be honest, I don't care about him being a 50+ point 2C. I care that Dv and Suzuki are 60-80 point center and he's a solid 200ft 3C that can chip 30-40 points. Can also step up if the other 2 get hurt.

Evans concerns me. He may be one hit away from a career ender and not exactly a offensive threat plus if Poehling isn't in the NHL this year, he will never be.

With K and Dv/Suzuki, I'm good on our center situation.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
There is no avenue for trading Kadri. Newhook isn’t a 2C (yet) and trading Kadri won’t get a 2C upgrade in return. Makes no sense.

Also Kadri is 31, coming off a down year and is a pending ufa. His value will take a hit.

Last edited:

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
He's never coming back to the Leafs. He had multiple issues with Management, called out publicly for a lack of maturity, and internal suspension. They don't want him for free.

I doubt he’s coming back but those things happened like 5 GMs ago.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Kadri is a talented player that makes a lot of stupid decisions. He's 31 already, he is who is.

IF Col can accept Kadri for the player he is (the good and the bad) keep him if not move on from him.

I do miss sometimes as a Toronto fan though. Seems like no one won that deal

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Hertl (50% retained) for Byram, Kadri, 2nd contingent on Hertl signing an extension with the Avs. Modeled after the Pacioretty trade for Suzuki, Tatar and a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad