Kadri December 2013 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I'm sorry but this crap about he hasn't had enuff time or opportunity needs to stop. The kid is a liability defensively and does not win face offs. I agree with the point that patience is needed with some prospects, but we have seen enuff of him to get that he isn't going to develop into a #1 or 2C. IMO trade him with Franny and get some grittier talent that doesn't float out there. If Nonis has a chance to pull the trigger on ROR I would do it. ROR brings PK skills and grind along the boards. Kadri isn't the answer that some people are thinking.

mikebel111*

Kadri will be fine...

My prediction is that he goes on a hot-streak the last 15 games of the season and wins everyone's heart back.

The kid's head hasn't been in the game, he's in a slump and he's generally had bad puck luck as well. Just let him play through it and learn from his mistakes. This kid is our future at center. And yes, those trade rumors about him are absolutely Pejorative Slured, please don't give them any attention. Sophomore slumps are a very common thing, the most important thing is to let the player battle through it and become better as a result.

The effort is there. Than minus 2, he didnt deserve.

Will be fine

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
And There were some posters in this thread saying he was a better Center than Bozak, when Bozie was hurt. Where is the facepalm button?

It is debatable if Kadri is even better than Holland right now.

We will see in the 2nd period if RC lit a fire under his butt.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri is really regressing with his ****** complacency and bad habits. When the going gets bad he just wants to be a Denis Savard and do everything like a finesse player instead of racheting up the intensity and being more aggressive. He can be brilliant offensively but he's not a solid citizen who you can count on to do the little things well or be heads up the way a Bozak is.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Nazem Kadri is the Rudy Gay of the NhL. Total black hole. Puck goes to him and never comes back. Trade him while he still has value.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
heh. leaf fans are hilarious. every time a leaf slumps he's garbage that has to be traded.

tonight's game shows an interesting comp.

Chris Krieder was a better prospect than Kadri last year, according to this website and most fans - a MUCH better prospect, actually.

And now this year, Kreider is being praised to the high heavens as a breakthrough player and Kadri is being shat all over as a dissappointment.

and the funny thing?

they're both scoring at exactly the same pace.

perspective.

These two players don't look like equals as they go head to head tonight for comparison purposes.

Kreider is dominate in this game might be the best player on the ice.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looks like Kadri would need an atomic bomb to light him up, I don't know what has happened to his fire. Cherry is watching the game, and it would be interesting to see what he has to say about him. What a non effort tonight.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Looks like Kadri would need an atomic bomb to light him up, I don't know what has happened to his fire. Cherry is watching the game, and it would be interesting to see what he has to say about him. What a non effort tonight.

He thinks he's a star player now. The only time he seems to have anything going is when he's told he sucks. Then he gets it in gear for a little while with that chip on his shoulder. He's easily satisfied with himself and then forgets to do all the things that made him successful in the first place.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Mr.Nonis please tell me ur watching this crap and have a plan to get ROR! Trade Kadri then Franson and sit Ranger forever

wam_raven

Mar 2, 2007
Trade him while he still has value.

too late for that bud. the best we will get is a 2nd rounder at this point. maybe with a 4th added in.

which I'm fine with. cancer needs to be taken out before it spreads.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He thinks he's a star player now. The only time he seems to have anything going is when he's told he sucks. Then he gets it in gear for a little while with that chip on his shoulder. He's easily satisfied with himself and then forgets to do all the things that made him successful in the first place.

Last season he had something to prove to Ron Wilson and all the doubts he could play Center, this season no matter how much Carlyle gets into his grill, he is complacent. Talent does not guarantee success, hopefully for his sake he realizes this soon.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
These two players don't look like equals as they go head to head tonight for comparison purposes.

Kreider is dominate in this game might be the best player on the ice.

6'3", 230 lbs. and skates as well as anyone on the Leafs.

It isn't a fair competition, one relies on space and time, the other one just flat out flies and has great size.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Last season he had something to prove to Ron Wilson and all the doubts he could play Center, this season no matter how much Carlyle gets into his grill, he is complacent. Talent does not guarantee success, hopefully for his sake he realizes this soon.

He's just too easily satisfied with himself. He really is a friend of complacency.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
And this is what scares me if we drafted Shinkaruk over Gauthier, the posts in 4 years would look like the above.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
A rough few games?? He has been playing this bad for over a Month now

he's been on par with the team in terms of play, sloppy and stupid. He's making 2.9mil playing barely past 15mins a game, if Kadri is playing terrible or very good it doesn't have as great an impact on this team as people want to think.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
he's been on par with the team in terms of play, sloppy and stupid. He's making 2.9mil playing barely past 15mins a game, if Kadri is playing terrible or very good it doesn't have as great an impact on this team as people want to think.

Kadri has 6 points since Dec 5, and is -8 those 15 games. He is supposed to be a top 6 player for our team. I don't understand your last sentence? He is an important part of our team that was anointed to be #1 C when Bozak was hurt, you have got to be kidding me. Kadri has No impact on our team?:shakehead

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Kadri has 6 points since Dec 5, and is -8 those 15 games. He is supposed to be a top 6 player for our team. I don't understand your last sentence? He is an important part of our team that was anointed to be #1 C when Bozak was hurt, you have got to be kidding me. Kadri has No impact on our team?:shakehead

Outside of Bernier (even I'll admit Bozak for the first two games back), it doesn't seem like anyone on this team has an impact.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre

He isn't on the top PP unit and he isn't being payed gamechanger money, 23 points in 38 games is very good for a #2C (0.60PPG production). Can't say the same about 5.25million dollar man Clarkson though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He isn't on the top PP unit and he isn't being payed gamechanger money, 23 points in 38 games is very good for a #2C (0.60PPG production). Can't say the same about 5.25million dollar man Clarkson though.

He had his chance with playing with Kessel and JVR and was on the 2nd PP unit, he is playing with Lupul and Jason Raymond and playing on the 2nd PP unit.

Not sure you are watching the same game as me.

Carlyle has given him ample chances to succeed, at this stage he doesn't deserve more ice time unless he starts playing like last season, the player we fell in love with by making 5.5 obsolete.

6 points in his last 15 games, and -11 on the year are hard to defend, given he is not playing with Orr or Kulemin this year. Infact maybe his minus would go down if he did play with those 2 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad