Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He's been decent. Feel like him and Chytil and Cullye are gelling and are close to being dangerous. Been taking penalties though.
I'm glad to hear that. I think the next 40-60 games may be very pivotal for KK's Ranger career. :)

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
From what I’ve seen he looks pretty much exactly like he has throughout his entire career. Which is fine enough I suppose when he’s playing on the third line. Lacks the explosiveness and ability to create dangerous opportunities for himself and his linemates.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
From what I’ve seen he looks pretty much exactly like he has throughout his entire career. Which is fine enough I suppose when he’s playing on the third line. Lacks the explosiveness and ability to create dangerous opportunities for himself and his linemates.
he lacks explosiveness in his skating but i disagree that he doesn't create dangerous opportunities. he's constantly funneling the puck and his body towards the netfront.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Cuylle 3 points in 4 games and both Chytil and Kakko 2 points in 4 games is not bad for a third line.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Cuylle 3 points in 4 games and both Chytil and Kakko 2 points in 4 games is not bad for a third line.
Minimum 30 minutes of ice time, they’re currently a top 5 line in terms of xgf.
It’s small sample size but the eye test is showing it as well. They’re controlling possession and getting good chances.
Let’s see what happens vs some good teams though.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
it's not just their point production but it's the forechecking too. they've been very heavy on it and I'm seeing very noticeable improvement from Cuylle in particular. He's going right to the net and generating a lot of HD attempts and landing a lot of hits. I know the prevailing opinion on him earlier was that he kinda started floating last year but I'm not seeing it now.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
it's not just their point production but it's the forechecking too. they've been very heavy on it and I'm seeing very noticeable improvement from Cuylle in particular. He's going right to the net and generating a lot of HD attempts and landing a lot of hits. I know the prevailing opinion on him earlier was that he kinda started floating last year but I'm not seeing it now.

I think that like most rookies he just hit a physical wall last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad