Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I doubt 60, but if he plays like he played in that game every single night, he'll break 45. Maybe 50 an outside chance.

On the third line that'd be stellar.
Maybe but he hit 40 not playing as well as he did last night on the third line with Laf (when he “sucked”) and a lesser version of Fil…

60 points, mainly all at 5v5, would be an EPIC season. That's Lafreniere's last season where he was playing on one of, if not the best line in hockey type of season
And Laf’s line was, and still will be, seeing the other team’s best defensive players. Our third line will be facing lesser. We shall see.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
G A PTS
23 0 23

His assists get taken away
That reminds me of this insane Brandon Pirri stat line

IMG_3914.jpeg

And yet, the most surprising thing about that is that he was +6

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
10 goals at most, then traded to a team like the Bluejackets and then lead their team in goals with 15 while missing the playoffs again lol

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
No way he scores 60. Laf didn't even score 60 last season.
I agree, which makes his 22-23 year of 18-22-40 +12 pretty solid if he can repeat it. Playing all 82 helps

He’s a 20-20 kinda guy. Maaaaybe 25-25 if things break right for him and he get more playing time.

But he’s all 5on5 and shouldn’t be getting top 6 minutes

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I agree, which makes his 22-23 year of 18-22-40 +12 pretty solid if he can repeat it. Playing all 82 helps

He’s a 20-20 kinda guy. Maaaaybe 25-25 if things break right for him and he get more playing time.

But he’s all 5on5 and shouldn’t be getting top 6 minutes
more than solid. Laf did it while averaging about 17+ minutes a night.
Kakko did that while averaging 15 a night.

Kakko has the talent to do it again and more. And he does it while being alot better defensively than laf.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
more than solid. Laf did it while averaging about 17+ minutes a night.
Kakko did that while averaging 15 a night.

Kakko has the talent to do it again and more. And he does it while being alot better defensively than laf.
And in a third line role - with his contract, if he can give this team 20-20 there’s absolutely nothing to bitch about other than falling short of expectation of a 2OA.

Reactions: noncents

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I don't think it's likely the season totals are eye popping in any way. But I do think that if this line stays healthy and together, a big second half is in the cards. I could see Kakko ending the season with 30-35 points but enough of those down the stretch that were feeling really good about him heading into the playoffs.

Reactions: noncents

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I don't think it's likely the season totals are eye popping in any way. But I do think that if this line stays healthy and together, a big second half is in the cards. I could see Kakko ending the season with 30-35 points but enough of those down the stretch that were feeling really good about him heading into the playoffs.
I dont get this take. If the line stays healthy, I think the line gets 85+ points out of chytil and kakko.

The "kid line" in gallant's last year, was 120 points. Laf had 39, kakko had 40, and chytil had 45.
Now replacing Cuylle for Laf is a downgrade, but Kakko and Chytil are very good together.
Additionally, Lavi is giving this line lots of ice time, that Gallant never did.
Gallant kept them at 10ish minutes of even strength time at most.
They were 13+ in game 1. The better they play, and they tend to play the most how Lavi wants. The more ice time they're going to get.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
He's got the style to help us in playoffs, which i am totally fine with.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
"Grindy?"

Really?

I legit had to double check that this thread was still about Kakko.

I don't even know if we're watching the same player anymore.
i don't mean gritty, like pest or in your face.

grindy = below the dots puck possession and tough defensively. that's Kakko. he has shown a dire need to improve the production of offense from Ozone possession, and poor PP instincts. but yeah the two things he dies well are grind out possessions on the half wall and staunch the usual ranger chance-against bleeding. low event hockey. grindy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad