Confirmed with Link: Kaapo Kahkonen 1 x $1M Winnipeg

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
This is a bit of a head scratcher for sure - but I think there is a really strong relationship between Comrie and the Jets based on the history.

I still think KK is the guy to be your backup, I think theres more potential to be better there. Not going to worry about it too much - he'll probably clear so if Comrie is bad they can always pivot
Comries dad gonna buy all the empty seats tomorrow? ;)

I would really like Liljegren for the bottom pair. He could take Pionk’s spot next year potentially
This team buyin to defense kind of affords jets the ability to try a lilljgren on the backside.

Reactions: macmaroon

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I would have preferred if he stayed up, hope we don't lose him on waivers although I fear we might with multiple teams like the Canucks and the Leafs having down horrendous goaltending or injuries or both.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
This is a bit of a head scratcher for sure - but I think there is a really strong relationship between Comrie and the Jets based on the history.

I still think KK is the guy to be your backup, I think theres more potential to be better there. Not going to worry about it too much - he'll probably clear so if Comrie is bad they can always pivot
Head scratcher for sure.

I’m pulling for Comrie, he’s someone I’ve rooted for since the Jets drafted him, and rooted for in other uniforms. Seems like an awesome guy, and dedicated to his craft. But sorry… he ain’t it as an NHL backup.

Of course goalies are voodoo and Comrie could pull off an excellent season. Maybe Flaherty can rebuild his game (he looked AWFUL in Buffalo). Who knows.

It seems the more sensible move would’ve been to keep Kahkonen and pivot to Comrie - or another replacement level goalie - if he wasn’t getting the job done.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If him and Comrie give a similar performance I get keeping Comrie up over him. He's best friends with a bunch of the core and will just make the room that much tighter.
Scheifele identified him as one of his best friends and the Scheifele, Morrissey, Lowry, Helly leadership group is pretty tight. I’m guessing this is a default between 2 relatively equal players to who is the best fit with the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad