Confirmed with Link: Kaapo Kahkonen 1 x $1M Winnipeg

SSCBLUEJET

Jul 23, 2022
Chevy's not done. I can see his plan now.
Khackie is the starter, Commie the backup and Helle gets traded to Detroit for Andrew Copp.

• Love
Reactions: snowkiddin

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
View attachment 890929

THAT'S WHO!

THIS is DEVAJU! People here said the SAME thing when Winnipeg signed Laurent Brossoit the first time. Please don't make me pull up the comments there. I am THAT petty that I will do that. I was one of if not the first to look at the positives. Kaapo Kahkonen as someone else stated is an above .900 goalie when playing for a decent team. Ambitiously, he will play just as good in a backup role to Hellebuyck.
You could sell me a car.:thumbu:
Now I’m excited to see what this guy can do.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Chevy needed to redecorate the cabin and wanted that juicy friends and family discount from The Brick

Leon's Family owns The Brick, not the Comrie's. They went public like 15 years ago...

Chevy and his bargain hunting got two goalies for half the cost of Larry Bro!

Winnipeg could NEVER offer Laurent Brossoit what he deserved. They could have matched the salary, however, he was never going to get starting minutes here.

Based on historical data... Laurent Brossoit is going to STRUGGLE in Chicago who are still rebuilding. Laurent Brossoit has NEVER performed well for a mediocre team.

You could sell me a car.:thumbu:
Now I’m excited to see what this guy can do.

if you go back to when we first signed Laurent Brossoit, I was one of if not the first person to praise the signing.

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Solid pick up. I hoped for Desmith or Wedgewood, even Lankinen but he’ll be a serviceable back up. Comrie as a third to play for the moose is a good depth piece.

Reactions: Krauser

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Kappo played tough against us when he was with SJ I am good with two cheap backups likely aren’t going to get many games this coming season

Reactions: GJF

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I thought they were done after signing Comrie.....Lehkonen is a competent backup.....why did they waste money on Comrie?

you have to ask? - - Loyalty.

He can mentor Milic, split games.

Him as a mentor might sound strange but he has been around. Must have learned a thing or two. He is another smaller goalie, like Milic.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Kappo played tough against us when he was with SJ I am good with two cheap backups likely aren’t going to get many games this coming season

Wasn't he in net when we lost in San Jose and he had a great game?

*Edit
Nope, was Blackwood 36/37 saves

Kahkonen was in net when Sharks lost 0-1 in Winnipeg, making 38/39 saves

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad